What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Place On Earth You've Been To

JezMartin

Juniors
I went to Moree a couple of years ago, and was thinking it might be crap. But got a pleasant surprise. Lots of hot springs / artesian spas in the area and in the middle of town.
And I had the best T-bone steak at the Royal Hotel. I just someone in the street where I could get a good t-bone and they were spot on.
Ohhhhh - I've only ever driven through, not stopped to check out the area. Might have done myself an injustice :( hot springs sound amazing!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This thread is showing off a lot of people that haven't travelled more than a quick trip across the Tasman.

No doubt NZ has some small shit farming towns without much going on but f**k me fellas, be a little bit more daring in your adventures before saying it's the worst place on earth.
You generally don’t go to the real shitty places when you travel.
I will say that even though I barely left the airport and was only there for a couple of hours between flights, Port Moresby looked pretty grim though.

Gary, Indiana looked like a massive shithole when we passed though it too

Wizardman

First Grade
Im not a fussy man regarding staying in hotels in Australia. I've stayed in very cheap to expensive spots and have never been disappointed....except for yesterday. I stayed at a hotel in Brisbane City called the Turbot Hotel. Deadset, spend a few extra dollars and avoid this joint altogether. The only time in my life where a motel room stay has been purely unsatisfactory.

As for overseas, I took it upon myself to travel on the outskirts (non-tourism areas) of Kiev in Ukraine. There is some pure poverty out there.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Im not a fussy man regarding staying in hotels in Australia. I've stayed in very cheap to expensive spots and have never been disappointed....except for yesterday. I stayed at a hotel in Brisbane City called the Turbot Hotel. Deadset, spend a few extra dollars and avoid this joint altogether. The only time in my life where a motel room stay has been purely unsatisfactory.

As for overseas, I took it upon myself to travel on the outskirts (non-tourism areas) of Kiev in Ukraine. There is some pure poverty out there.

Just checked out the reviews on Trip Adviser and also Google reviews and most are appalling.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Genoa Italy. Dont go out at night there. Mind you I was Portside, may not be so for the rest of the city. About a month after I'd been there a bridge collapsed on one of the main roads through the middle of the joint. The West Coast heading to Rome from there is unreal, though.

sportsnut

Juniors
Depends on what you mean by worst.

Agree with a lot that has been said.

Paris is overrated

Adelaide by far the most deadest, boring I have ever been too.

According to people who have travelled far more than me.

France - Overrated and smells like urine in Paris.

Scotland - Underrated, shitty weather most times but a very cool place to travel to.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
According to people who have travelled far more than me.

France - Overrated and smells like urine in Paris.

Scotland - Underrated, shitty weather most times but a very cool place to travel to.
I can second that on both accounts. Paris / France are both probably lovely, but in my short time there, having seen a few of the iconic structures, I was happy to leave. Didn't do it for me, but others I know love the place, so each to their own, I guess.

Loved Scotland. Damned cold ... even in the middle of summer, but still loved the place. So weird walking to the pub at 11 o'clock "at night" in the north and still needing your sunnies on.

___

Juniors
This thread is showing off a lot of people that haven't travelled more than a quick trip across the Tasman.

No doubt NZ has some small shit farming towns without much going on but f**k me fellas, be a little bit more daring in your adventures before saying it's the worst place on earth.
Tell me about it. No necessarily for bad places, but people go to Bali and Thailand and say it's the best thing ever. GO TO EUROPE. Those places won't even hold a candle to places like Barcelona, Switzerland and Berlin.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Brussels is worse than Paris, all the crapness with no redeeming features

I've been to Paris in separate periods of my life

Once as a single 23 y/o with mates - didn't like it

Next as a 38 y/o with my wife, could have moved there the 2nd time

Paris disappoints expectations rather than being a sh!t place, albeit it's demographics have made it worse in recent times

But c'mon, it ain't Kabul or Gaza

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Brussels is worse than Paris, all the crapness with no redeeming features

I've been to Paris in separate periods of my life

Once as a single 23 y/o with mates - didn't like it

Next as a 38 y/o with my wife, could have moved there the 2nd time

Paris disappoints expectations rather than being a sh!t place, albeit it's demographics have made it worse in recent times

But c'mon, it ain't Kabul or Gaza
You'd find far better humans in Kabul and Gaza

Nuke

Staff member
Tell me about it. No necessarily for bad places, but people go to Bali and Thailand and say it's the best thing ever. GO TO EUROPE. Those places won't even hold a candle to places like Barcelona, Switzerland and Berlin.
Switzerland is absolutely stunning. If it wasn't so dammed expensive, I could very happily live there. I'd probably have to learn both French and German, however, as I'd split my time up between Montreux and Lauterbrunnen.

chiana

Juniors
Its interesting the auroa that Paris can have. Once had a date with guy who explained to me how Paris was the most beautiful and stylish city in all of Europe.
When I asked when he had visited, he replied that he had never been there.

For sheer beauty, Lake Louise in Canada is wonderful.

Somewhere I would find hard to return to due to destruction of what may have once been pretty. Madagascar.

Latest posts