What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The young guns need their own thread

Parraren

Bench
Inu = Freak

Was very impessed with his defense too. Some solid hits, and Blake Green pulled of some importanttackles too. Well done

scottyeel

Bench
There is no way that Finch should be allowed to waltz back into this team. His form this year has been pathetic and he needs to go to PL and learn how to play again.

the_eel

Juniors
From what I saw last night i would confidently say that Inu is potentially the best young centre in the game. He looks better than both Lyon and Tonga did at the same age.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Inu - " the best debut in the history of Rugby league"
at least i say so.

just out of interest what you did you think of SBW's firstgrade debut Round 1 2004?

scottyeel

Bench
eelavation said:
just out of interest what you did you think of SBW's firstgrade debut Round 1 2004?
I didn't really see it. It's hard to watch when your foot is stuck in the tv.:lol:

sooperdooper

First Grade
inu has the ability and most of us here agree!

some may or may not agree with me but i beleive his decision making held him back in PL

not his ability.... sometimes his decisions are based on whats best for him not the team! good player and will blossom with more game time

parra pete

Referee
I must admit that Feliti has been going well in recent weeks. He will improve as the season goes on. Good to see he has some niggle in his game. He looks to be a player who gets under the skin of opponents..and he has the size to back it up.
He is a "Sleeping Giant"...when he gets used to the toughness required to play in the NRL he will be a handful. Not there just yet....but...on his way...

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
I must admit that Feliti has been going well in recent weeks. He will improve as the season goes on. Good to see he has some niggle in his game. He looks to be a player who gets under the skin of opponents..and he has the size to back it up.
He is a "Sleeping Giant"...when he gets used to the toughness required to play in the NRL he will be a handful. Not there just yet....but...on his way...

he's got to cut the crap out of his game, fairdinkum 3rd or 4th tackle 2 minutes remaining to ht and with the ball in his hands he stupidly lashes out at the marker infront of him...dumb! dumb! dumb!

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
he's got to cut the crap out of his game, fairdinkum 3rd or 4th tackle 2 minutes remaining to ht and with the ball in his hands he stupidly lashes out at the marker infront of him...dumb! dumb! dumb!
Bit harsh, he didn't do much that isn't done 20 times every game by far more experienced players, IMO the dumbness was on the ref as it shouldn't have even been penalised any more than Logan swatting PJ's arm away.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's all this I hear about Fa'aso?

"Oh, he shouldn't be in the 17 - his errors would have cost us against a better team!"

Oh...You mean like Inu's knock-on 20 metres from our own line? Oh, no wait! Nobody has mentioned that one! :fist:

Sure, Dick dropped the ball a few times. But on a track that was so greasy and wet and slippery, he sure put on some huge hits and some tough runs. He's welcome to with that mongrel in my team any day.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he didn't drop the ball as much as the Raiders did, considering the condition, I thought he played OK

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:

"Oh, he shouldn't be in the 17 - his errors would have cost us against a better team!"

Oh...You mean like Inu's knock-on 20 metres from our own line? Oh, no wait! Nobody has mentioned that one! :fist:

Sure, Dick dropped the ball a few times. But on a track that was so greasy and wet and slippery, he sure put on some huge hits and some tough runs. He's welcome to with that mongrel in my team any day.

He made some crucial errors which may have cost us against better opposition, but his the type of player every pack needs. Especially ours!

eelavation said:
there's not a person here who ever doubted INU's potential nor his ability to step up to the plate he was always going to kill it tonight and the person who should be thanking is Hages who outcoached Canberra last Tuesday by naming the side but not naming Green, INU and Fa'Aosso on extended bench, infact up until pl ran out last night Canberra were expecting to be up against Finch, Reddy and Moimoi.

Some how the media got wind that Reddy was the replacement 2 days ago and when Damian Kelly got interviewed yesterday he resisted the temptation to tell the public that INU was making his debut, I had phone call from a mate at 6pm saying that he heard on the radio and didn't announce who would replace them when I approached Damian he just winked and said, well no one asked me who'd replace T so I didn't tell them.

INU was very very nervous before the game and wished him goodluck about hour and a half before kick off, despite the early blemish no doubt caused by nearves he definitely held his own and had a debut he'll remember for the rest of his life.

INU had a problem with his front on defence and it's fair to say that he wasn't really tested in the first three rounds which is why Hagan gently and discreatly slot him in the place of Tahu tonight, he's obviously worked hard in the off season kudos to him, Green is another who's taken his game to another level this year and has very much improved his kicking game.

these 2 guys deserved their chance were ALWAYS going to get it and have worked extremely hard to get it.

I also respect Jakes comments and he's knowledge on the juniors are very very good but even Jake in his desperation made a call last week when he predicted that Benny Smith won't score anymore than 3 trys this yea, well he bagged 2 tonight. ;-)

He never had a problem with his front on defence. Never.
A fair few people were doubting INU's defence ...... they know who they are;-)

Pazza

First Grade
Eelementary said:

unfortunately with Cayless and moi moi coming backj there is no room for fa'aoso but he is definately good back up. How old is rich?

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Pazza said:
unfortunately with Cayless and moi moi coming backj there is no room for fa'aoso but he is definately good back up. How old is rich?

I would have him in the line up somewhere. I wasn't sure after last night, but if we can iron out his mistakes, richie rich has buckets loads of potential. He is a firey bastard who would look very mean alongside fui & cannings.....exactly what out pack need.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
A fair few people were doubting INU's defence ...... they know who they are;-)

Those who bagged Inu or T Smith can't recognise talent if it bit them on the nose!

Pazza

First Grade
i think we are settled with Cayless, Moi moi, cordoba and cannings. But knowing those guys and injuries/suspensions rich will get plenty of runs