What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's a rumour going around...

flippikat

Bench
Warriors should play more games in places like Christchurch, Taupo, Wellington etc..

Agreed. At least until NZ has a second team.

Then I can see The Warriors taking a game to Hamilton, and maybe a game to BOP..

While the southern team plays out of Christchurch or Wellington, and takes the odd game to Dunedin, Napier, New Plymouth or something like that.

the challenge is keeping enough home games in Auckland for season ticket holders to still get value.

Rich102

Staff member
Agreed. At least until NZ has a second team.

Then I can see The Warriors taking a game to Hamilton, and maybe a game to BOP..

While the southern team plays out of Christchurch or Wellington, and takes the odd game to Dunedin, Napier, New Plymouth or something like that.

the challenge is keeping enough home games in Auckland for season ticket holders to still get value.

And what about all the sponsors that pay for signage at Mt Smart? As well I doubt Sky will be as keen to send OB vans, cameras & crews to all parts of the country.
Covering a game outside the main centres creates a lot of headaches.

flippikat

Bench
And what about all the sponsors that pay for signage at Mt Smart? As well I doubt Sky will be as keen to send OB vans, cameras & crews to all parts of the country.
Covering a game outside the main centres creates a lot of headaches.

I dunno - Sky already cover Super Rugby, and THAT has the odd game outside of it's Auckland/Hamilton/Wellington/Christchurch/Dunedin bases...

Now, regular season games in Napier or Invercargill or New Plymouth are probably not going to happen (more for population reasons than anything else) - but Wellington or Dunedin I'm sure are do-able - as is Christchurch once it's repaired.

Imagine the Warriors playing a game in that flash new Dunedin stadium (under a roof)!