What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They all agree, Flanagan's still the man for Sharks

Poss

Juniors
They all agree, Flanagan's still the man for Sharks

art-719648830-620x349.jpg

He may have been stood down but suspended Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan will continue his duties as coach in an unofficial capacity.
Fairfax Media understands Flanagan is refusing to let go of the team he assembled and is determined to ensure the on-field success of the club in turmoil.
While Peter Sharp has been given the tag of interim coach, Flanagan will still be in constant contact with the staff and players about how he wants the side to prepare and play

art-719648793-620x349.jpg

Sharp and Flanagan have spoken every day since the board suspended the coach and sacked doctor David Givney, football manager Darren Mooney, physio Konrad Schultz and head trainer Mark Noakes.
Advertisement
From home, Flanagan will analyse video and devise game plans.
In partnership with Mooney, he has worked around the clock for the past two seasons to compile a star-studded side.
A shortage of staff due to a lack of finances has seen Flanagan and Mooney take on extra responsibilities, including attracting corporate sponsorship and player recruitment. During the off-season Flanagan tiled the club's gym floor.
While Mooney has been in hospital with stress, Flanagan isn't going to let all his hard work go to waste. Even during Sunday night's clash against Gold Coast, members of the staff in the box were on the phone to their former boss.
''He's struggling, as you can imagine,'' Sharp said. ''He wanted to be here tonight, not at home or wherever he is. He wanted to be coaching this side and he should've been.''
Sharp is one of only a few assistant coaches in the game with no interest of taking on a head coach's role in the NRL. He is under no illusion as to whose football team he's taken over.
''This is about Shane and what a great job he's done,'' Sharp said after Sunday's 12-10 win against the Titans. ''Darren Mooney, Mark Noakes, Konrad Schultz and the doctor Dave Givney - it's about them. Flanno and Mooney put this team together and have done a great job preparing them and that was the result tonight of Flanno's hard work over the last couple of years.''
While Flanagan is highly regarded by the Sharks players, all the player agents contacted by Fairfax Media on Monday denied having clauses in their players' contract allowing them to leave the Sharks if Flanagan wasn't at the helm.
Paul Gallen, Todd Carney, Wade Graham, Beau Ryan, Chris Heighington, Michael Gordon, Jonathan Wright, John Morris, Jayson Bukuya, Matthew Wright, Ben Pomeroy, Nathan Gardner and Mark Taufua don't have clauses in their contract relating to Flanagan.
Carney is off contract at the end of this season and isn't expected to finalise any deal until the drug scandal plays out.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-sharks-20130311-2fwg9.html#ixzz2NH6y9hkZ

DJShaksta

First Grade
Nothing at all stopping Sharpe from moving training to somewhere Flanno can run it.
I hope Flanno comes back, and brings the others with him.

Special K

Coach
Nothing at all stopping Sharpe from moving training to somewhere Flanno can run it.
I hope Flanno comes back, and brings the others with him.

I think there is. I believe he can't be around the squad at "official" things.. Someone could probably clear that up.

I have no doubt he was on speaker phone during the monday night game though. I wonder if he ran the interchanges based off information they provided him or if he trusted Sharp with it.

Paul Gallen has to write a book one day about all this stuff.

webShark

I think there is. I believe he can't be around the squad at "official" things.. Someone could probably clear that up.

I have no doubt he was on speaker phone during the monday night game though. I wonder if he ran the interchanges based off information they provided him or if he trusted Sharp with it.

Paul Gallen has to write a book one day about all this stuff.

Can you imagine if we won the comp this year and then got relocated by the NRL. ESPN make good documentary films about less than this.

shaggs

Coach
Why do we need to have official training sessions? Surely with all the stress the players are under we can have one official session the day before the game. Sharp can say its all they can handle mentally

Cant stop the players getting together at an undisclossed location for extra non planned sessions. Doing the extras they wil call it.

Get all the sacked staff there if available. They arent going to stand down the whole squad for training on their own.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Although admirable, this is fraught with danger. If you are going to do it, shut the fugg up about it. Sharp could be next to go.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Why do we need to have official training sessions? Surely with all the stress the players are under we can have one official session the day before the game. Sharp can say its all they can handle mentally

Cant stop the players getting together at an undisclossed location for extra non planned sessions. Doing the extras they wil call it.

Get all the sacked staff there if available. They arent going to stand down the whole squad for training on their own.

I think that all works with the dismissed staff but Flano is suspended. The info I don't have, which I'd like to have, is the conditions on the suspension. In my line of work a suspended employee gets a letter clearly stating they can't have contact with "other staff". That's in a govet position though. Probably the same where you are shaggs.

Does this, or would this apply in a private setting though.

I'd hate to see Flanno and Sharp cook their own geese

Manfred Moore

Juniors
Although admirable, this is fraught with danger. If you are going to do it, shut the fugg up about it. Sharp could be next to go.

Dunno Frenz

I think its rather smart. They are on a hiding to nothing anyway. I don't think realistically they could train away from the boards knowledge.

This way let everyone know, get the public sympathy vote and almost dare the board to sack Sharp as well.

Then again, the way the Board has made decisions lately...

Quigs

Immortal
I think you are right Cap'n. If this club and those involved in it already don't know about shutting the farkkk up then they never will.

Even the little things.

Even the little snide jokes and remarks.

JSTFU.

Tell em nothing - take em nowhere.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dunno Frenz

I think its rather smart. They are on a hiding to nothing anyway. I don't think realistically they could train away from the boards knowledge.

This way let everyone know, get the public sympathy vote and almost dare the board to sack Sharp as well.

Then again, the way the Board has made decisions lately...

Could be right Manfred. We're swimming in a sea of flawed information, no information and probably outright lies.

I don't know what to think anymore.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Stinking stains will be all over this offering Flanno and Todd millions as a package deal. Prolly go after every player Flanno signed.
f**king stains.

Stinking stains will be all over this offering Flanno and Todd millions as a package deal. Prolly go after every player Flanno signed.
f**king stains.

Yeah, and who in the media has been feuling speculation about a possible relocation ? Roy Bloody MAsters, head lobbyist for the Stains.

At end of season when we win the comp, put that right up everyone who hates us, and the statues get built.

Just remember we need a statue for Sharpie as well

Latest posts