What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

Loudstrat

Coach
That's what they tell them is it? Actually they tell them "we can provide some of the best coaches in the competition, great facilities, training & recovery regimes, a pre-season from hell, they'll be looked after in all aspects of their development & if they perform on the field and are stand-up guys off the field, the Storm can help them be the best that they can be - now it's up to you." Some of the other clubs can learn something here, but will they?
To which the parents will respond "Yes, but my son has to live in Melbourne. Even Canterbury with it's looting and rampant violence is better than Melbourne!"

To which the Storm reply "Umm, yeah, ok. But what if your son decides to dig a hole in his backyard, and finds a suitcase full of cash? And we'll throw in a boat for nix?"

My club may fold next year, or they may prosper if the development goes through, they might even one day win a premiership.
But they will never be remembered for being a bunch of cheating merkins that brought every dirty wrestling tackle into the game.
:clap:

Lets not forget the steroids - parading Rodney Howe around like a hero when he got done.

Face it, if Bellamy was so clever he wouldnt be the only coach ever to lose a premiership win! Even lol@50ouff$ managed to keep all of theirs.

And the value of those premiership rings? Try selling one of them on Ebay. "Genuine 2009 NRL Premiership winners ring" - when the history books showed there was NO premiership won in 2009.

Still, the illusion is nice. Always Green gave insight into how the Storm Fan's mind works. I'm married to Jessica Alba - and consumate every night. On my yacht. Which is bigger than Greg Inglis's.

Evenflow

Bench
No energy expended at all really. And that's the problem with you lot, you're all so arrogant about the whole thing. There wouldn't be as much hate if some of you were actually humble or remorseful about it.

What the f**k do we as Storm fans have to be remorseful about? Were we complicit in the rorting? Do we condone it? Do we not think Waldron is a scumbag piece of shit? To have remorse you actually have to be responsible for the act numpty and as far as I can tell us Storm fans had sweet FA to do with it.

We've (supporters) copped shit relentlessly off f**kwits like you both on here and at games since day 1 of this whole debacle when it had nothing whatsoever to do with is and you expect us to just sit back and take it just to appease you and so you won't hate us? If not giving a toss what other supporters think about us makes us arrogant then so be it. I'd rather be that as opposed to a whiny little bitch who cries that nobody likes their team and gets picked on all the time.

sting

Bench
Scum club, they cheat, they ruin 4+ years of Rugby League and and then act like they're the victims and it was perfectly alright to have a 5+ million dollar squad running around against 4 million dollar squads.

But it's irrelevant what they think. The facts are they haven't won a premiership since 1999. /thread.

:clap: very well said.

They cheated - what part of it don't they understand?

Seriously, they are lucky they are still in the comp, they could have been kicked out.

Scum club, they cheat, they ruin 4+ years of Rugby League and and then act like they're the victims and it was perfectly alright to have a 5+ million dollar squad running around against 4 million dollar squads.

But it's irrelevant what they think. The facts are they haven't won a premiership since 1999. /thread.

Bunniesman is spot on (then again, a broken clock is spot on twice a day). The Storm made wrecked 4 (5 if you include last year) seasons, and would've also wrecked this one had they not been caught. The only reason 2006 and 2008 were not completely ruined is because they got done in the grand final. I'd rather watch Manly or Brisbane win comps than have them be a complete waste of time.

sting

Bench
What the f**k do we as Storm fans have to be remorseful about? Were we complicit in the rorting? Do we condone it? Do we not think Waldron is a scumbag piece of shit? To have remorse you actually have to be responsible for the act numpty and as far as I can tell us Storm fans had sweet FA to do with it.

We've (supporters) copped shit relentlessly off f**kwits like you both on here and at games since day 1 of this whole debacle when it had nothing whatsoever to do with is and you expect us to just sit back and take it just to appease you and so you won't hate us? If not giving a toss what other supporters think about us makes us arrogant then so be it. I'd rather be that as opposed to a whiny little bitch who cries that nobody likes their team and gets picked on all the time.

"Do we condone it?"

Well judging by you attitude and that of your coach, yes you do.

As I said, start giving a toss. Acknowledge that your club did wrong by the whole code and just suck it up. Stop being an arrogant f**kwit about it all and show some humility. One of my good mates is in the unfortunate position of being a Storm fan and he has a great attitude. He understands that the Storm did a despicable thing and hates it. He doesn't try to make excuses, he was genuinely devastated by the whole thing. He even laughed about the whole Blair thing saying "Blair is such a grubby merkin, I love it." We're always having good footy banter and I respect him for sticking by his team and going the right way about it. So far removed from all the deadshits on here.

Having the right attitude about everything goes a long way to gaining some respect from the rest of the RL community.

My club may fold next year, or they may prosper if the development goes through, they might even one day win a premiership.
But they will never be remembered for being a bunch of cheating merkins that brought every dirty wrestling tackle into the game.

Instead your club will be remembered as the ones who constantly bludged off the NSWRL more times than one can remember then paid them back by sticking a knife in to the back of the game and pissing off to sewer league

Cliffhanger

Coach
The salary cap is bull shit anyway, so I don't care if Melbourne players or Bellamy think they were hard done by, the salary cap as it currently is designed holds the game back, it has cost us a lot of quality players. Us fans are hard done by the salary cap.

Koopa111

Juniors
Yeah and if all the other sides treated it as bullshit.......

then melbourne may not have even made the grand final.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Never said there shouldn't be one, I'm saying it needs to change.

I bet most sides treat it as bullshit, they just haven't been caught yet.

Koopa111

Juniors
Lets imagine a brisbane side in the last decade if they cheated...............

Lets just Imagine a Stgeorge side from last year/ this year if they cheated............

They both would have given the storm a run for their money

oval

Juniors
Do manly, st George and eels fans ever stop to wonder what it would be like to support a team first, an hate another second?

It like if the storm quit the comp, many of these fans would off themselves as they Would no longer have purpose

I agree. I love to hate Melbourne - it keeps things interesting and exciting. The anticipation before a Manly v Melbourne is awesome. Die Melbourne, die (but don't actually DIE)!

In this way clubs like Melbourne and Manly bring alot to the NRL table. Why? Because Melbourne and Manly are probably the 2 most hated clubs in the NRL, so other supporters can get excited when Melb/Manly f**k up or lose or whatever. People get so excited when these clubs fail - it's like sweet sweet victory. And straight to the keyboards they run, salivating with anticipation about the trash they're gonna talk on this forum. Same with Souths and the LOL thing - the NRL needs clubs to hate/laugh at.

This Melbourne thing is great because it gets people all hot under the collar. Bring on the footy!

typicalfan

Coach

If the Players, fans and Coaching Staff had NFI idea what was going on then in reality they are the biggest victims in the entire ordeal. They had premierships stolen from them by a stinker of a CEO.

It might be hard to accept but what Bellamy is saying pretty much shows he is as much of a victim as anyone.

But that I guess is a little too much for people to understand.

Koopa111

Juniors
LOL you have to be stupid to look at their side and not be suspicious......

I always asked myself why they could have all these great players where other sides struggled

typicalfan

Coach
LOL you have to be stupid to look at their side and not be suspicious......

I always asked myself why they could have all these great players where other sides struggled
Sure you could say that. They did have a huge wealth of talent. But they did let players go in their time as well, whoever orchestrated this did it very well, although alarm bells had to have been ringing when they were signing established stars like Finch but what is a playing group to do? They assume that their bosses as playing by the book. They "lost" Folau, Friend and a few others went to England etc.

You also need to remember Bellamy brings something special out of players, he has a habit of doing it.

No point trying to guess how much the players knew.

Latest posts