What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

Big Pete

Referee
So what have we established here?

Bellamy didn't bring it up.

The media are STILL hung up on this scandal as are the usual brigade of Dragon, Eels and Sea Eagle supporters.

And one section of the media considers Bellamy the best coach in the game.

BunniesMan - This is how you do it...

officer_barbrady_move_along_sm.jpg

Didgi

No you haven't but I remember peoples names and posts. And from memory yours rarely add anything to the discussion.

Obviously I don't spend hours of my day on here either, judging by the amount of posts I've made in 6 years of being a member. I suppose even though you've made more than 4 times the amount in a quarter of the time doesn't really suggest much other than you post a lot of pointless bullshit.

Weren't you that idiot that thought you were a mod after you'd made like 6 posts????

Sheesh, I haven't encountered you before but you and your super memory seem to know so much about me :shock:

Seems my pointless bullshit has reeled you in, onto my next target.

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
Instead your club will be remembered as the ones who constantly bludged off the NSWRL more times than one can remember then paid them back by sticking a knife in to the back of the game and pissing off to sewer league

Bunniesman has added more value to this thread than you.
I never thought I'd say that to anyone, ever.
Congrats on being THAT much of a merkin.

thorson1987

Coach
Scum club, they cheat, they ruin 4+ years of Rugby League and and then act like they're the victims and it was perfectly alright to have a 5+ million dollar squad running around against 4 million dollar squads.

But it's irrelevant what they think. The facts are they haven't won a premiership since 1999. /thread.

You shouldn't hate us,

Due to being busted last year Souffs had a successful year of finishing 9th instead of a disappointing season of finishing 10th.

Cliffhanger

Coach
It's not like the Storm poached big name players from other clubs though, all there players either had their NRL débuts with Melbourne or came good there.

sting

Bench
Sheesh, I haven't encountered you before but you and your super memory seem to know so much about me :shock:

Seems my pointless bullshit has reeled you in, onto my next target.

Au contraire, I know f**k all about you.

I suppose judging by your posts that is pretty much all there is to know anyway.

Reeled in? No, I just think you're a gronk.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If the Players, fans and Coaching Staff had NFI idea what was going on then in reality they are the biggest victims in the entire ordeal. They had premierships stolen from them by a stinker of a CEO.

It might be hard to accept but what Bellamy is saying pretty much shows he is as much of a victim as anyone.

But that I guess is a little too much for people to understand.
If their players, fans and coaching staff stopped acting like they still won those premierships (and basically rejecting the worst of the punishment they got) I'd have more sympathy for them. Btw, that doesn't go for all Storm fans, some I know don't consider themselves 07 and 09 Champs, but the fans that do, Bellamy and the players still have that arrogant attitude. As if they shouldn't have been punished for what they did. If they took it on the chin I would have sympathy for them, but they haven't, and that arrogance gives people the shits.

wittyfan

Referee
The NRL really should insist that the players return their rings and their tattoos also removed.

All references to those 2 "premierships" should be erased forever!!!

Parra

Referee
If their players, fans and coaching staff stopped acting like they still won those premierships (and basically rejecting the worst of the punishment they got) I'd have more sympathy for them. Btw, that doesn't go for all Storm fans, some I know don't consider themselves 07 and 09 Champs, but the fans that do, Bellamy and the players still have that arrogant attitude. As if they shouldn't have been punished for what they did. If they took it on the chin I would have sympathy for them, but they haven't, and that arrogance gives people the shits.

They won the grand finals. They lifted the trophy.

Some paperwork was altered some time later. Who cares? There was no real punishment. They won.

sting

Bench

bingo

typicalfan

Coach
It's not like the Storm poached big name players from other clubs though, all there players either had their NRL débuts with Melbourne or came good there.
This is one of the main points, it wasn't that they had better players (they did though) but they developed them, Cameron Smith was a Broncos reject and if the Broncos wanted a slice of Cronk, Slater or Smith they would have had them. They didn't really buy superstars, they just had better paid players, illegally paid players. Clint Newton, Jeremy Smith a couple of others that they parted ways with to keep up with the myth they were abiding by a salary cap, each year it seemed like they were managing their funds to try and keep their big 4 when in actual fact they were just being cunning and underhanded. It roped mostly everyone in the NRL community into it, I thought they used the majority of their cap on the big guys and paid a pittance for the rest. It seems to have roped even the players and coach of the club into it. Bellamy is using it as fuel to fire a premiership win, those players are hungry for redemption. I would like to think it is on the CEOs that screwed the club over.

typicalfan

Coach

They might have been over the salary cap but if they weren't aware of it then it would be pretty hard to accept 2 years of toil and hard work amounted to nothing. As I said those things you say there show that they are victims as much as anyone else. They don't feel they cheated, they feel they have been cheated. They feel they worked harder than anyone else to get those premierships only for them to be taken away because the guys whose job was to keep their books clean were criminals.

thorson1987

Coach
They might have been over the salary cap but if they weren't aware of it then it would be pretty hard to accept 2 years of toil and hard work amounted to nothing. As I said those things you say there show that they are victims as much as anyone else. They don't feel they cheated, they feel they have been cheated. They feel they worked harder than anyone else to get those premierships only for them to be taken away because the guys whose job was to keep their books clean were criminals.

Man don't talk sense, no one will listen to you.

typicalfan

Coach
Man don't talk sense, no one will listen to you.
I can understand both ways. I think both sides are aiming a little bit off. I think people get irked that the Storm players and coaching staff seem to blame the NRL for these things when it is guys in their own backyard who caused the problem, but then fans are blaming the players when it isn't their job to worry about salary cap issues.

And the media sharpens both sides of the stick for the sake of publicity.

BunniesMan

Immortal
They won the grand finals. They lifted the trophy.

Some paperwork was altered some time later. Who cares? There was no real punishment. They won.
If a tree falls in the woods, and noone hears, it doesn't matter. If the Storm illegally win premierships, and the history books, and the general NRL public doesn't acknowledge it, their 'premierships' don't matter. They don't mean anything. They're insignificant, as they should.

Things/objects/acheivements only have the significance we give them. The majority of non Storm fans reject those premierships, that is real punishment.

Everytime I've heard a Storm fan talk like those premiership are legit, he's been corrected by someone else and had it pointed out to them why that's not case.

So to answer your question, plenty of people do care, plenty of fans and their teams were robbed of having a fair go at the premiership. So maintaining that they haven't won anything in the last 5 years certainly is a big deal.
I agree that it's hard to accept. And like I said before, I do sympathise with their less obnoxious fans. But it should be hard to accept, it should be painful/difficult/unpleasant. That's the point of punishments. So no other club thinks doing the same thing would be worth it.

Didgi

Au contraire, I know f**k all about you.

I suppose judging by your posts that is pretty much all there is to know anyway.

Reeled in? No, I just think you're a gronk.

Wow, all this because I asked you if you want some lemon for your bitterness. How do you react when someone actually wrongs you?

Latest posts