What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

Loudstrat

Coach
Cheers Cliffy.

& they are all tired (as we all are) of the never-ending rationalising of "the club cheated so they are all cheats" carry-on that the handful of the miserable few keep harping on about. Are you responsible for every wrong your club does? or are you, like all fans on here, prepared to support your club with the passion and belief that Storm fans show? Walk a mile in their shoes, as the saying goes...
I guess the obvious parameter is when your club have a sh*t season - or a run of sh*t seasons - where lots of things your club tries to do turn to sh*t.

For us, if we took the same "F*ck you" attitude, we would be defending a CEO who pinched food from Woolies, a coach whose game plan was "Give it to Jarryd", a year full of blown leads inside the last 5 minutes, internal board bickering, and one of our best players going barking mad in the off season.

We shake our head, cop the flack, and get on with it. We dont try and defend the indefensible.

If we had won the spoon, meaning a full season of derision, we wouldnt pretend it didnt happen, blame Gallop, and throw sh*t at everyone else.

Anyway, when you get down to it, it's about defending your club, not defending whatever sad immoral and corrupt group of twats that it currently employs. Follow our lead - we never defended Fitzgerald. Saints had the Oust Doust era. Check Raiders fans current attitude toward their board and coach. Or Penrith's toward Elliot. Melbourne simply have not got that maturity in their fanbase to do the same.

StormChaser

First Grade
I am so f**king sick of being told how to behave as a Storm supporter. Should we be forced to atone again and again and again for the "sins of the father" so to speak? What do you want us to do? Not enjoy and celebrate in the fact that our team is doing so well after the shitful year we had last year? It's like we're not allowed to be passionate and proud of the achievements of this year because of the fiasco of last year!

We're not stupid, we know the club did wrong and was punished appropriately, so move the f**k on, build that bridge and sit under it rocking and drooling in the corner cos atm we are f**king OWNING and I for one am gonna be proud of that and rejoice in it, and if you can't deal with that, then stiff shit!!!

Nobody puts Baby in the corner, motherf**kers!!!!!!!!

Go Storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evenflow

Bench
:clap:
I am so f**king sick of being told how to behave as a Storm supporter. Should we be forced to atone again and again and again for the "sins of the father" so to speak? What do you want us to do? Not enjoy and celebrate in the fact that our team is doing so well after the shitful year we had last year? It's like we're not allowed to be passionate and proud of the achievements of this year because of the fiasco of last year!

We're not stupid, we know the club did wrong and was punished appropriately, so move the f**k on, build that bridge and sit under it rocking and drooling in the corner cos atm we are f**king OWNING and I for one am gonna be proud of that and rejoice in it, and if you can't deal with that, then stiff shit!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Loudstrat

Coach

that-time-of-the-month-period-demotivational-posters-1292724045.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
Stormchaser, no one has mentioned this year in this thread.

This started when Bellamy couldnt shut his dumb cheating mouth about still believing they were premiers in 07 and 09.

StormChaser

First Grade
In every single thread where Storm are mentioned THIS year, last year is brought up and then the old rant against the fans begins again too. Seriously, in this forum there were like maybe three supporters who denied, denied, denied. The rest of us did NOT, we accepted the punishment and looked forward to this season, yet the same bullshit gets said again and again.
Let us have our moment in the sun FFS! We've f**king earned it! *end rant*

Beachy Eagle

Juniors

Gotta pay that
:cool:

Loudstrat

Coach
The have your moment in the sun in a thread that is NOT about Bellamy's stupid comments ffs.

And you have earned nothing. When your club and half it's supporters continue with the "We cheated - f*ck you" attitude, you are going to get zero sympathy for having a hissy fit at the response.

StormChaser

First Grade
Did you seriously not read my post at all nubcaeke! There were 3 supporters that I can remember off the top of my head who do the "f**k you" thing, but I'm seriously contemplating it cos I will NOT be told how to support my team, and after the absolute shit I copped in this forum last year, when I never, ever, not once defended the actions of the club I support, I do f**king deserve my moment in the sun and I'mma take it!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Did you seriously not read my post at all nubcaeke! There were 3 supporters that I can remember off the top of my head who do the "f**k you" thing, but I'm seriously contemplating it cos I will NOT be told how to support my team, and after the absolute shit I copped in this forum last year, when I never, ever, not once defended the actions of the club I support, I do f**king deserve my moment in the sun and I'mma take it!

If you take no pride in your clubs efforts from 06-10 and believe that your club should officially apologise to the NRL, the clubs and all fans of the game, then you will gain respect.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
If you take no pride in your clubs efforts from 06-10 and believe that your club should officially apologise to the NRL, the clubs and all fans of the game, then you will gain respect.

Agreed - but most reasonable Storm fans have nothing to apologise for.

simostorm

Bench

Why the hell would any Storm fan want respect from a bunch of fruitcake parra fans?? lolz..

minichiello

Juniors
St George Illawarra Dragons still dont get that they should just give up before September comes around so a team that doesn't choke can have a shot at the premiership...

In every single thread where Storm are mentioned THIS year, last year is brought up and then the old rant against the fans begins again too. Seriously, in this forum there were like maybe three supporters who denied, denied, denied. The rest of us did NOT, we accepted the punishment and looked forward to this season, yet the same bullshit gets said again and again.
Let us have our moment in the sun FFS! We've f**king earned it! *end rant*

St George Illawarra Dragons still dont get that they should just give up before September comes around so a team that doesn't choke can have a shot at the premiership...

Comrades, U MAD?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Agreed. Storm fans have nothing to apologise for. In fact, they are the main set of fans that deserve an apology. They lost more then any other set of fans.

The club should apologize. Not the fans.

The club should issue an apology to the game, the fans and ESPECIALLY to those fans!