What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third Test - Australia vs. West Indies

willvillain

Juniors
Another really questionable decision from Bowden, Lee gets another LBW from a ball swinging a fair bit too much... Sarwan, gone...

willvillain

Juniors
JJ's got your there El-D. You of all people should understand that you'll have to specify which great Australian you're talking about, there's a whole team of them out there man!

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Nup, Warney is! And that is 81 wickets for the year!:D

Warne = great bowler and great cricketer...

But the antithesis of a "great man"

Balmain_Boy

willvillain said:
JJ's got your there El-D. You of all people should understand that you'll have to specify which great Australian you're talking about, there's a whole team of them out there man!

How do you account for Symmonds?

willvillain

Juniors
He was born in England, I'm talking about the great Australians.

[Although, he's a super Aussie in the short game!]

lockyno1

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
he's a Queenslander

Yep and a champion in my books! Plus even his rubbish batting still scored more than Clarke and Katich scored in their last 2 digs!

choc_soldier

Coach
ABC Radio is of the opinion that Lee could be in trouble for not at least asking Billy about whether it was out - apparently he just ran straight to Gilchrist in celebration when the ball struck the pads.

Personally, that type of behaviour, where the players don't even acknowledge the umpire, just pisses me off.

El Diablo

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
Yep and a champion in my books! Plus even his rubbish batting still scored more than Clarke and Katich scored in their last 2 digs!

I suggest you check that

lockyno1

Post Whore
You should ask the umpire but it is just a minor thing really. Every test bowler does it at some point in their career so as long as Lee apologises for it there should be no dramas.

El Diablo

Post Whore
parra_panther said:
ABC Radio is of the opinion that Lee could be in trouble for not at least asking Billy about whether it was out - apparently he just ran straight to Gilchrist in celebration when the ball struck the pads.

Personally, that type of behaviour, where the players don't even acknowledge the umpire, just pisses me off.

he did turn around and ask the question

just took his time after charging down

lockyno1

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
I suggest you check that

Katich- 0,1,0
Clarke, 5,5

So Clarke's 2 innings equal Symonds' efforts and Symonds has bowled well keeping it tight and he picked up a key wicket in Chanderpaul in the 1st innings. I am not saying he should be the all-rounder, Watson will but he is not as bad as some of you put him out to be at test level!

JJ

Immortal
parra_panther said:

I've said that numerous times before, the arrogance of the Aussies in the way they often celebrate without acknowledging or asking the umpire (Lee, McGrath, Gillespie and Warne are all guilty) should be dealt with...

El Diablo

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
Katich- 0,1,0
Clarke, 5,5

So Clarke's 2 innings equal Symonds' efforts and Symonds has bowled well keeping it tight and he picked up a key wicket in Chanderpaul in the 1st innings. I am not saying he should be the all-rounder, Watson will but he is not as bad as some of you put him out to be at test level!

Where are you feting 5,5 from??

Clarke 14* and 5

Latest posts