What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third Test - Australia vs. West Indies

JJ

Immortal
need any more evidence that Hussey's a better option than Clarke???

Bring back Martyn for Symonds and Gillespie for Bracken and you'll be unbeatable again!

Rammo

Juniors
Exactly right JJ.

Clarke is overrated.

The side should be:

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Hodge
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath

Rammo

Juniors
And do what?

Pick a young player who is much worse?

The Ashes is on again in 12 months.

We need to be thinking about that right now before anything else and Martyn could do very well in test cricket for another 2 or 3 years at least.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Clarke isn't overrated, he's just down on form, we saw what he could do 12 moonths ago

He may have been rushed into the Aussie without enough first class runs under his belt, he needs to mature abit in his shot selection imo

In any case, I've no doubt he'll return

JJ

Immortal
Twizzle said:
Clarke isn't overrated, he's just down on form, we saw what he could do 12 moonths ago

He may have been rushed into the Aussie without enough first class runs under his belt, he needs to mature abit in his shot selection imo

In any case, I've no doubt he'll return

Clarke is the very definition of over-rated - I've never seen so much hype about a nuffy (currently) in my life - even more than Brett Lee test bowler

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
Clarke is the very definition of over-rated - I've never seen so much hype about a nuffy (currently) in my life - even more than Brett Lee test bowler

You don't win the Allan Border medal doing nothing

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JJ said:

I have a long memory, one day this post will come back to bite you

he's only warming up

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe these field placings

starting off with 2 slips and a gully, in test match cricket

unbelievable

both captains have been terrible

aussies1st

Staff member
Twizzle said:
the so called mediocre bowler gets another early one

:lol:

The Symonds experiment is over, hes done sh*t all with the bat. That was the whole reason he was picked. May as well just play Bracken he can bat and bowl better than Symonds.

aussies1st

Staff member
Instead of bringing in Martyn why not try Cosgrove. Hes got 184 currently against Vic whose bowling is way better than their batting.

JJ

Immortal
El Diablo said:
You don't win the Allan Border medal doing nothing

he shouldn't have won it - most people can see that

Instead of bringing in Martyn why not try Cosgrove. Hes got 184 currently against Vic whose bowling is way better than their batting.

because Martyn's better... :shock:

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
he shouldn't have won it - most people can see that

do you even have any idea how it works?

practically the same as Dally M

so how is it he shouldn't of won it?

JJ

Immortal
El Diablo said:
do you even have any idea how it works?

practically the same as Dally M

so how is it he shouldn't of won it?

I know the lbw law... ;-)

he shouldn't have won it because others were better... it's made out to be the award for the best player in the past year, so the best player should win - there were several more deserving

and twizzle, i've said he's not good enough for the test team now - since when did Aust teams get picked on what someone might do in a few years...