What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third Test - Australia vs. West Indies

JJ

Immortal
waltzing Meninga said:
Maybe if the ICC had a respectable umpire, the players would respect him. Bowden gets what he deserves. He has called 2 5 ball overs in this test alone and made some absolute shocking decisions in this series.

The bloke is a clown at best and you can understand the players not taking him seriously. If he can't count to 6 how is he capable of making a correct decision???

It's not only the clown that they do it to though...

it's the "crooked finger" - makes him think there's been an extra ball...

he was a decent umpire, but if he's screwing up as frequently as is being suggested here then clearly he's lost the plot, and become too involved in his image and the buffoonery that surround him... The ICC should remove him forthwith if that's the case.

But, it'll reduce El Diablo's posting rate by about half:lol:

JJ

Immortal
no wonder you think he's so bad El Diablo - you attribute every bad decision to him... brilliant - now if only he'd adopt your lbw law because "it should be that way"

lockyno1

Post Whore
That decision was Dar, but it does look like it hit the pad first but I only saw it once as I am watching Survivor Series (WWE PPV) at the same time.

SirShire

First Grade
The angled replay suggests pad first, while the front on suggests bat first. But give or take a few fractions of a second for each replay, it would be hard to make the call.

I'd have said not out, but that is with the benefit of the slow motion replay. Bowden should have referred it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
willvillain said:
Haha, dude that was me, but it was so clearly tongue in cheek. But He just got another one, so rub it in if you want..... :/

so far your still correct, cause McGilla hasn't bowled yet, except for one over last night

JJ

Immortal
El Diablo said:
hmmm I thought it was Bowden

regardless Bowden has to go :lol:

really, are you sure?? I mean, you're sending mixed messages on that one

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
seemed to hit the bat and pad simultaneously, which is not out

it must hit the pad first

in any case, an umpire cannot be sure from 22 meters away what the hell it hit first

it was a guess from Dar

sanjane

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
That is a disgraceful series from Shiv in all areas of the game. What a disgrace and let down he is to his country.

Nice call Sane Jane.

um..........

if you say so...

sanjane

Juniors
DOES ANYONE in WORLD CRICKET KNOW THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT RULE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

lockyno1

Post Whore
sanjane said:
um..........

if you say so...

So tell me what he has done well? Because all I have seen is pathetic captaincy while in the field and his batting has been appauling! So much for a great batsman sanjane:lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sanjane said:
DOES ANYONE in WORLD CRICKET KNOW THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT RULE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yes, we do :D

but the umpires don't

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
So tell me what he has done well? Because all I have seen is pathetic captaincy while in the field and his batting has been appauling! So much for a great batsman sanjane:lol:

I remember sanjane arguing for Chanderpaul over Inzy - who despite a ridiculous umpiring decision just scored a century in each innings of a test againt England, and as captain leads 1-0...

Chanderpaul couldn't effectively captain my son's under 9's team (Ponting would be a stretch too!)

What is it with Brett Lee and juicy full deliveries outside off stump??? He can bowl some ferocious spells, but then he backs it up with this rubbish

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
What is it with Brett Lee and juicy full deliveries outside off stump??? He can bowl some ferocious spells, but then he backs it up with this rubbish

He struggles to get the tail all the time!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
waltzing Meninga said:

trying to bowl too many yorkers, whch is what he does with the old ball getting reverse swing

but he is bowling well, alot of maidens in this spell, and a brilliant yorker in his last over