What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson & Pettybourne

bjm8

Juniors
Triple M reporting that in addition to Pettybourne for 3 seasons we have also signed Bodene Thompson for 2.

No complaints here, but I'm sure there will be some. Lets go!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
No complaints from me. Both look like aggressive players who hit the line at speed. Pettybourne has a very handy offload, too. Always liked the look of him.

My only issue is that both are bench players and we will need at least one of them to become a starter with Ellis leaving.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pettyborne will be a starter. I reckon we could easily move Woods to back row and slot Pettyborne in at Prop.

Woods would be even more damaging running just wider of the big pigs imo.

Thompson will be good for depth.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Both are potentially very good pick ups as they are young and still have not reached their potential yet.

I guess these two plus Wade and Masada whatever would basically be what we get from Ellis's contract

No complaints from me. Both look like aggressive players who hit the line at speed. Pettybourne has a very handy offload, too. Always liked the look of him.

My only issue is that both are bench players and we will need at least one of them to become a starter with Ellis leaving.

Thompson has played plenty of games in the centres Hybrid. He should be able to start in the second row.

stompin

Juniors
Why would you EVER move Woods from the front row?

At 21 years old, playing in the front row at the highest level, ALREADY 18th man for the blues, at prop.

Madunit, you do say some good things, but I dont agree with you on that one. Woods is a prop.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he could play second row exactly the same way he plays at prop (works for Gallen, Watmough, Gibbs etc)

was only suggesting what i reckon might happen to these two guys under Sheens

super_coach

First Grade
The signing of Masda the x Penrith rake may be with eye to 2013, Iam told by a person who had a senior role in the football club, that Sheens and Farah relationship has hit a all time low. They are both professional enough to get a job done but that is where it ends and their is likely only one survivor come the end of 2012. It is common knowledge that a team between Concord and Penrith are ready to pounce if he comes on the market.

I know its only speculation but unless the relationship can be repaired I can see it happening

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
if thats not a good reason to get rid of Sheens, I don't know hat is.

If Farah leaves, you'd have to think there will be a few guys who will go with him.

if thats not a good reason to get rid of Sheens

the other twist to all of this could be young Curtis, if super coach starts treating him like he has treated some of the other young kids coming through, well, you know dad has some powerful friends in the media such as Hadley & Blocker on 2GB & Blocker on the Game Plan, as well as his own position within the Tigers organisation.

Interesting times

super_coach

First Grade
if thats not a good reason to get rid of Sheens, I don't know hat is.

If Farah leaves, you'd have to think there will be a few guys who will go with him.

The bloke who told me is usually very guarded with anything he says about whats going on in the club and usually just makes pretty safe general comments but he said they dont even speak unless its directly to do with the game they are preparing for. It has been spoken about at board level.

bjm8

Juniors
The signing of Masda the x Penrith rake may be with eye to 2013, Iam told by a person who had a senior role in the football club, that Sheens and Farah relationship has hit a all time low. They are both professional enough to get a job done but that is where it ends and their is likely only one survivor come the end of 2012. It is common knowledge that a team between Concord and Penrith are ready to pounce if he comes on the market.

I know its only speculation but unless the relationship can be repaired I can see it happening

So Sheens is off the Penrith?

Tiger05

First Grade
Triple M reporting that in addition to Pettybourne for 3 seasons we have also signed Bodene Thompson for 2.

Good news.

On the topic of Woods moving to the backrow I'd have no problems with it. I like the idea of basically playing 3 props most of the game.

As for Farah and Sheens arguing - Sheens seems to stick up for Robbie in the media. Robbie is the captain and Sheens is the coach. I think they are fine.

super_coach

First Grade
Good news.

On the topic of Woods moving to the backrow I'd have no problems with it. I like the idea of basically playing 3 props most of the game.

As for Farah and Sheens arguing - Sheens seems to stick up for Robbie in the media. Robbie is the captain and Sheens is the coach. I think they are fine.

Your wrong

Ron's_Mate

Bench

I'd rather see both Marshall and Sheens leave than lose Robbie Farah.

I'd rather see both Marshall and Sheens leave than lose Robbie Farah.

So would I.

I think Tim Sheens is still one of the better coaches in the NRL but I think he has been at the club too long as has gone stale. I think some of our signings are puzzling. We have a very good 20's side at the moment with 2-3 very good prosepcts in the backrow and we sign Bodene Thompson, it doesn't make sense.

I remember that when the Geelong coach left he said he had given every thing he knew to the players but after such a long time at the club it was time for new ideas, this for mine is where the Tigers are at now. I think the board really need to let Sheens go at the end of this year.