What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

Big Time

Juniors
Agree whole heartedly - these NRL players train most days of the week, appear at charity and promotinal events, attend junior player training sessions, hang out in shopping centres to supoprt causes such as cancer council,westpac rescue helicopter etc - all notable causes. Attendance at such events is a given for the players - problem is - many people only see that the players are on duty for 26 weeks of the year - they dont see all of the pre season training. Pay the players more and offer decent termed contracts! I'm over the one, two or three years contracts - come on NRL Clubs - MAKE A REAL COMMITMENT TO THE PLAYERS!!!!!:x (mind you - this comment is NOT intended to minimise or justify WICKS actions - he done wrong - he should paay!)

F*ck off. They have a dream job. He was reportedly on up to $200k a year (3 year contract). Most people work 9-10 hour days and don't get anywhere near that much. Don't try and justify the things these blokes do. Simple fact of matter is they are a cross section of society, albeit doing a "job" that many people would die for. I would suggest a lack of brain cells is behind what he has done.

skeepe

Immortal
Firstly, your players are far from perfect and you coming in here preaching about the Knights conduct is hypocritical to say the least.

Why? I'm not the one who f**ked up. It may surprise you to realise this, but I'm not a Canberra Raiders player, nor am I a Canberra Raiders official. If any Raiders players f**k up, I've been critical of them.

Secondly, you didn't sack straight away - you gave Todd Carney how many bloody chances before finally getting rid of him? The Knights have stood Wicks down and made it clear if he is guilty they will sack him. Not sure what more they can do.

I think the Knights are handling the Wicks situation very well. I was merely commenting on the past history of the Knights re: drugs and it doesn't paint a pretty picture. It looks like they're (by which I mean management) trying to turn it around, which is commendable.

Thirdly, Ben Kennedy was allegedly on the gear and the Raiders didn't sack him - they dealt with Kennedy the same way we are dealing with Wicks - innocent until proven guilty.

Funny how he ended up at the Knights almost immediately after though isn't it? Mitchell Sargent is another who arrived at the Knights after being caught on the gear.

And finally, Jason Bulgarelli. Your club has had the same drugs issue that the Knights has/had.

Who was sacked immediately. Same issue that the Knights had? Laughable. You seem to forget Andrew Johns, Robbie O'Davis and so on.

You are a hypocrite. How about you concentrate on your own sh*tty clubs culture (let alone their mediocre performance on the field) and we'll worry about ours.

Ah, so only Knights fans are allowed to comment on this story? Sorry, not going to happen. Deal with the fact that one of your scummy players is an alleged drug lord.

RoMo

Juniors
Who wouldn't want to be whacked off their heads 24/7 if they lived in a bogan infested sh*t tip like Newcastle or a roundabout haven like Canberra. His brief should throw that in for mitigation

Alex28

Coach
Funny how he ended up at the Knights almost immediately after though isn't it? Mitchell Sargent is another who arrived at the Knights after being caught on the gear.
Yup...BK won us a premiership too. Thanks for that :)

Ah, so only Knights fans are allowed to comment on this story? Sorry, not going to happen. Deal with the fact that one of your scummy players is an alleged drug lord.
You aren't commenting on the story. You are just peddling more of your anti-Knights crap. Just highlighting you have had similar issues, and when they happen again I'll be sure to remind you...

MacDougall

First Grade
So all of a sudden it's the we hate Newcastle brigade again? Sheesh, it's a bit rich judging a whole club based on the actions of one player considering that all the other sh*t that happened is in the past. I feel sorry for the Knights that are decent.

Though, (knock on wood re Arana Taumata) it's good to be a Tigers supporter. It's been a long time since we've had a blow up.

Kiki

First Grade
HUNDREDS OF KILOS?? jesus christ

i am really struggling with this one. i think because it's so calculated. alot of the other scandals have been kinda grey areas but this is so cut and dried. there's really no excuses especially when he's on so much money.

when so many people are struggling just to get by and here is this guy on a huge contract but it's not enough? i don't understand.

Liam

Juniors
Can someone explain to me how Danny f**king Wicks could allegedly be near the top of a criminal organisation?

Latest posts