What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

Slackboy72

Coach
Why? I'm not the one who f**ked up. It may surprise you to realise this, but I'm not a Canberra Raiders player, nor am I a Canberra Raiders official. If any Raiders players f**k up, I've been critical of them.

Unless of course it's the ref's fault :roll:

dubby

Bench
Yup...won us a premiership in 2001 too! Did he win you guys any premierships?

No, but he won a very intense verbal lashing off Laurie Daley.....who BTW is an icon and legend of the game. BK didn't even make Big League team of the decade and took a dive in SOO a few years ago.

I know which player I would rather have in my club.

jc155776

Coach
Just on the innocent until proven guilty thing.

Not true in regards to Drugs.

If found in control of a dangerous substance the onus is upon yourself to prove they are not yours/your not supplying.

Its a reverse of a theory many believe is the same for all crimes. All Police have to prove really is that Wicks was in control of the Drugs. Having them on his person/car is pretty much enough. If the amounts are over a certain limit then its automatic supply.

Didgi

mope pobably watched too much underbelly.

Not under his own belly, surely?

This thread --> Classic Threads. If I was a Raiders fan,... wait, I wouldnt be a Raiders fan. But you lot shouldnt be giving Knights fans sh*t about player behaviour, especially because its 1 offence (granted, major) by 1 player. By all accounts its a family matter, not a club matter.

Maybe the Knights management have woken up to themselves and this is a big setup to get the useless fat f**k out of the way. He couldnt jump a cheeseburger ffs. It would have been easier to just give him the keys to Maccas though.

Alex28

Coach
No, but he won a very intense verbal lashing off Laurie Daley.....who BTW is an icon and legend of the game. BK didn't even make Big League team of the decade and took a dive in SOO a few years ago.

I know which player I would rather have in my club.
You had both of them in your club you dolt.

Making Wicksy look smarter by the minute.

Some see the 97 Grand Final as a weak competition. Others see it as the one of the iconic Grand Finals of our time. Either way, that and 2001 makes two premierships.

Perhaps you should go get some maths tutoring champ :)

Cletus

First Grade
I can't believe that he alledgedly dealt hundreds of kilos. He's f**ked if he's convicted. And he was visiting high schools last year telling the kiddies not to take drugs. He should have thought about the shildren :(

Wicks has been a player who could polarise many on the field but his fall off it is startling. Last year, he was given the Community Alliance Recognition Award by major sponsor Coal & Allied for his active support and participation in Alliance activities, which included blitzing local schools with drug and alcohol awareness campaigns.

Green Machine

First Grade
The Knights have stood Wicks down and made it clear if he is guilty they will sack him. Not sure what more they can do.
You could imagine that. Danny Wicks is locked up in the clink and can’t go anywhere, then he is delivered the bad news;
“Hey Danny bad news. You’ve been stood down by the Knights”

m0nty

Juniors
houstonwehaveaproblem3.jpg

Pumba

First Grade
Newcastle Knight Danny Wicks freed on bail

TROUBLED Newcastle Knight Danny Wicks is free this afternoon after his father posted his bail.

Wicks, who was yesterday charged with eight drug-related counts, was forced to spend the night in the Newcastle police station cells after not being able to meet bail conditions set down by magistrate Sharon Holdsworth.

The lateness of yesterday afternoon's bail hearing made it difficult for his team to meet one of the conditions - that an acceptable person lodge $50,000.

Wicks's father, Gary, was able to deposit the money today and the 24-year-old front rower left Newcastle police station in a car driven by his solicitor, Mark Hanlon, about 1.20pm.

He is due to reappear in court to face six counts of supplying a prohibited drug and two counts of possessing a prohibited drug on February 3.

Herald

Knightmare

Coach
Right.

Your first one was in the weakest competition in the games history. Huge achievement.

The 2nd weakest- miles in front of the Subscribe to Foxtel Cup, where the mighty Broncos reigned supreme over powerhouses like the Hunter Mariners, Adelaide Rams and Western Reds...