What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

Yosh

Coach
Surely it couldn't have been 100kgs... He is seroiusly f**ked... Why bring bad s**t up to Newie for you d**bf**k... Jesus giving Newcastle a bad image for nothing... He isn't even a local only been here 2 seasons so you c**ts leave Newcastle alone!

skeepe

Immortal
The 2nd weakest- miles in front of the Subscribe to Foxtel Cup, where the mighty Broncos reigned supreme over powerhouses like the Hunter Mariners, Adelaide Rams and Western Reds...

You're right. So much better to play against powerhouses like Souths, Wests and the Chargers. :sarcasm:

And so much stronger that the grand final the next year was between two teams from this supposedly "miles weaker" competition.

Yep, good call that one.

Apey

Staff member
You could imagine that. Danny Wicks is locked up in the clink and can’t go anywhere, then he is delivered the bad news;
“Hey Danny bad news. You’ve been stood down by the Knights”

This is one thing I don't get. People saying things like that if he is found guilty he won't be part of the club any more.. no sh*t, he will be in prison for a long time :lol:

He is due to reappear in court to face six counts of supplying a prohibited drug and two counts of possessing a prohibited drug on February 3.

Meanwhile, enjoy your 2 months of freedom? :crazy:

Iafeta

Referee
His biggest problem is that he wasn't playing the mule. He could easily have stashed a couple of hundred kilos of the crap up his arse and it would never have noticed. He had to be on speed for a couple of his runaway tries - the way that lump wobbled up the field with such gutso defied the laws of physics.

That season that Wicks came into grade, there was a couple of seriously good young forwards coming through at Saints. He looked like he could have been anything. The other dude was Charlie Leano. In that sense, given in all seriousness he started to display a little more consistency and body-control towards the end of this season it's a shame for the Knights. That said, Evarn Tuimavave is a damn fine replacement.

sooperdooper

First Grade
come on if you people seriously beleive wicks was behind a drug syndicate which transported hudreds of kgs of drugs.... you guys must be off your head yourself!

my presumption would be a drug runner... a middle man. Thought he was making easy money

beave

Coach
come on if you people seriously beleive wicks was behind a drug syndicate which transported hudreds of kgs of drugs.... you guys must be off your head yourself!

my presumption would be a drug runner... a middle man. Thought he was making easy money

who gives a $hit if he is the middle man, drug runner, God father or the fairy f$%king God Mother, if he is involved, he is involved ...........and should suffer the consequences regardless of his position within this $hit. I can't even believe that you would even make that comment.

nyx

Juniors
smh said:
Wicks remained in custody last night after being unable to raise the $50,000 bail.

Well he's obviously not doing a very good job of being a 'big time' dealer if he can't even raise 50 grand for bail.

:lol:

Twigg

Juniors
I hope he stays in prison for a very long time so the stupid players finally wake up and realise they are not above the law.

jc155776

Coach
I hope he stays in prison for a very long time so the stupid players finally wake up and realise they are not above the law.

I hope that the courts treat him fairly and with equality regardless of what his occupation was.. Why punish someone any harsher simply to teach footballers a lesson?

Should the next banker done for supply get a harsher sentence just so bankers can realise they are not above the law?

I can't believe that he alledgedly dealt hundreds of kilos. He's f**ked if he's convicted.

I wouldnt put much stock in the "hundreds of kilos" suggestion.

He wont be convicted of dealing hundreds of kilos if, at the time of his arrest, he was found to be in possession of amounts less than that (which reports suggest were vastly different in quantity).

jc155776

Coach
I am with Sandra. Let a football team with scores of employees and thousands of fans die off.

Smart thinking Sandra, you are an awesome journalist.

That said, the board would have known something was up, if their are other players involved then the code of silence around since Johns (who he himself has admitted that Knights officials kept his dirty business under wraps) needs to be lifted and the Knights boardroom cleared out along with any others involved.

As much as I would love to see the Mariners take the Knights place (Superleague teams deserve preference over ARL scum)* I don't want to see fans punished.

*Sarcasm here for those you don't get it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well he's obviously not doing a very good job of being a 'big time' dealer if he can't even raise 50 grand for bail.

:lol:

that was my first thought when i read that
what kind of sh*t pot drug dealer hasnt got $50k stashed away for a rainy day?
If the allergations are true, remembering he has the pressumption of innocence until proven otherwise, he's a disgrace to dealers around the country :lol:

Cletus

First Grade
I wouldnt put much stock in the "hundreds of kilos" suggestion.

He wont be convicted of dealing hundreds of kilos if, at the time of his arrest, he was found to be in possession of amounts less than that (which reports suggest were vastly different in quantity).

I think the possession charges he faces are for only around six grams (twice the trafficable quantity). But if half the stuff the cops are saying is true he's still f**ked. According to them they've got him on video and audio doing hundreds of deals.

And I doubt he was cooking speed and importing coke either, so I guess that would make him a "middleman". I also doubt he'll shop his supplier either because they'd be some nasty undesirables that would do him some damage if he went to gaol.