What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

aqua_duck

Coach
Nice one Wicky, threw hundreds of thousands of dollars and a career down the drain for a few extra dollars on the side.
I wonder how much Houston sold? I hope for him he made alot of money because he's ****ed his life up, pretty much threw away the 2 'qualifications' he had (footballing ability and a teaching degree)

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Nice one Wicky, threw hundreds of thousands of dollars and a career down the drain for a few extra dollars on the side.
I wonder how much Houston sold? I hope for him he made alot of money because he's ****ed his life up, pretty much threw away the 2 'qualifications' he had (footballing ability and a teaching degree)
I thought he had an accounting degree?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Nope it/was teaching

Fair enough, two of the worst choices of career if you want to be involved with drugs. It's probably for the best, having spoken to him quite a times whilst he was at the dragons, his "yeah bra" "nah bra" responses probably wouldn't have translated well into the field of teaching.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already but in this weeks RLW the mole wrote "Sadly, the word from senior police is the drug scandal that has rocked league in recent months is far from finished. Talk is the police are about to charge one more player - and a very high profile one at that"

Geez you'd hope it's not true but you wouldn't think something this serious would be written in RLW if there's absolutely no basis to it.

On another note it's interesting how Hindmarsh has thrown his hand up to be NSW captain this year isn't it?

Ulysseus

Bench
30 for the whole FG squad? these boys have gone soft, Johnsy would have put at lease 4 or 5 away a night back in the day. f**k me

Yeah, and then he would have went arse over tit down the stairs at a certain establishment and been out the next week with a "knee injury from a training mishap".

Apey

Staff member
Who gives a sh*t.

Monaghan stuck his c**k in a dog.

:sarcasm:

natheel

Coach
Hahaha apey good one. But seriously wicks is an idiot anyway who cares sucks for the game but he wasn't coming back anyway

Stephen Ryan

March 9, 2011
DANNY WICKS could go from convicted drug dealer to Crown witness after Newcastle District Court was told that prosecutors were considering calling the former Newcastle Knight to testify in other unspecified criminal cases.
A spokeswoman for the Director of Public Prosecutions would say only that the director was still considering the evidence in Wicks's case and ''related cases''.
Wicks attended court yesterday expecting to face a sentencing hearing, however the hearing was adjourned for two months.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Outside court, Wicks was asked what the other criminal proceedings could be, but his barrister, Andrew Bright, said: ''There's no comment.''
Paul Rosser, QC, who also appeared for Wicks, told Judge Paul Lakatos prosecutors were considering ''ex officio'' proceedings against other people. ''[The Crown] is considering calling my client against his will as a witness,'' Rosser said.
An ex officio indictment is a special indictment to put someone on trial. It is usually filed when an accused person has not faced a committal hearing or has had serious criminal charges dismissed following a committal hearing.
Wicks confirmed his guilty pleas to three drug supply charges.
One relates to the sale of 150 ecstasy tablets at Charlestown in September 2009, just five days after the Knights were knocked out of the NRL premiership. The other two charges relate to quantities of methylamphetamine that Wicks helped source for his brother, who lives at Grafton. His brother will be sentenced later this month.
Another drug supply charge will be taken into account when Wicks is sentenced. It relates to his purchase of 30 ecstasy tablets in the hours after the Knights were knocked out of the 2009 premiership.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crown-may-call-wicks-as-witness-20110308-1bmm6.html

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...rs-jail-for-exknight-danny-wicks/2309487.aspx

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks
STEPHEN RYAN
30 Sep, 2011 03:15 PM

Former Newcastle Knight Danny Wicks was sentenced to three years' jail this afternoon with a non-parole period of 18 months.

Wicks was led from the courtroom by prison officers after Judge Helen Syme said he was involved in the systemic supply of drugs over four months in 2009.

Wicks previously pleaded guilty to three counts of supplying drugs while other counts of possessing and supplying drugs were taken into account.

Cletus

First Grade
Seems a lot for a first offence. Ah well, he won't be feeling happy about his fall from well paid footballer to prisoner.

Glen

Bench
You get one phone call a day in prison right?

Wicks will probably use most of them to ring Gids