What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dutchy

Immortal
I hope he beats the charge.

Souths // Break // Cows minus JT

Is not great prep for a GF.

Clock watcher

Juniors
I don't think either photo helps JT.
If we are being serious and forgetting state lines or even club lines, you have to conceed that the only thing that can save JT is the importance of the game and the fact that he is the player of the year.
If it was any other game or any other player cut and dried suspension.
OMG imagine if it was Cronk/Finch/Orford. There woiuld be an outrage in the other direction.

Clock watcher

Juniors
I have to ask - how is the tackle with Lyon and Grothe anything even romotely similar to JT
again forgeting who the players or clubs involved are
1 had no lift and the tackler was not between the players legs driving, also the tackled player never went past the horizontal.
the other had both of the above
The only thing similar, both tackled players made contact with the ground with their head before thier body - lyon dragged Grothes head into the ground, JT dropped (not drove to keep some happy) Kupu's head into the ground
Other than that thier is definately some similar tackles this year!

Shorty

Staff member
Clock watcher said:
I have to ask - how is the tackle with Lyon and Grothe anything even romotely similar to JT
again forgeting who the players or clubs involved are
1 had no lift and the tackler was not between the players legs driving, also the tackled player never went past the horizontal.
the other had both of the above
The only thing similar, both tackled players made contact with the ground with their head before thier body - lyon dragged Grothes head into the ground, JT dropped (not drove to keep some happy) Kupu's head into the ground
Other than that thier is definately some similar tackles this year!
Well I saw it in the paper and I looked mighty similar.
And again Thurston did not drop Koopi on his head,if he had he would not be fighting anything -he'd be out.

Thurston attempts to pick Koopi up and loses control and they both fall,he never drops Koopi on his head I don't know where you're seeing this but it never happens.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Only reason why he didn't land on his head is that his arms stopped it from doing so.

Thuston is gone and rightly so

Clock watcher

Juniors
I just want to understand your thinking shorty, and maybe I am wrong
You are suggesting it is a normal tackle and the both fall together. And JT is wrongly being victomised??????
By the way JT is currently out, this is why he has something to fight.
My understanding of the tackle is that thurston picks him up and takes him past the horizontal. He has himself positioned between his legs and drives towards the ground.
Now for the important part for me: i don't believe it was intentional, and I know for a fact that JT is feeling terribly sorry that it ever happened.
I do believe that the tackle is bad enough for a weeks rest, it is just a shame that it happens this week in the bigger scheme of things.
For the record I think they will let him off because of who he is and what game it is!!

Shorty

Staff member
Clock watcher said:
I just want to understand your thinking shorty, and maybe I am wrong
You are suggesting it is a normal tackle and the both fall together. And JT is wrongly being victomised??????
I'm not saying that,and watch the footage,not the pics the actual footage you will see that JT falls with him.
Basically indicating the JT lost control of the tackle.
If Koopi hadn't put his arms there yes he would have fallen on his head yes,but so would a lot of other people involved in similar tackles.

I do believe he'll do the time for the tackle and believe it deserved a week I just don't think it is the 'pile driver' some people would lead others to believe.

Clock watcher

Juniors
:sarcasm: I watch all the cowboys games and tape most as I am mates with JT, and have watched it over and over again.
No it is not a pile driver and not it is not a deliberate action
It is horribly unfortunate, I just can't accept that some are suggesting there is nothing in it, and it is just a case of anti-qld bias.
I am hoping to catch up with him for a beer next week while we are both in sydney, this ofcourse can only happen for him if the eagles win. LOL ;-)

Latest posts