What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston comment ridiculous

Red Bear

Referee
Oh finch played crap rest of series but there is no harm in saying he had a blinder in origin one and outplayed JT

I have absolutely no idea what the bears have to do with the subject at hand, but keep mentioning them if you wish.

I simply dont like Thurston, i dont rate his performace last season as anything special. Heplayed well consistently over 2005, however Johns performance from origin 2 onwards (when hewas actually fit) left him for dead. Thuston strike me as an arrogent person and i dont enjoy seeing a player who is not that great acting how he does on the field. Itsprobly i just dont enjoy his style of play all that much.

Canard

Immortal
GoTheBears said:
Oh finch played crap rest of series but there is no harm in saying he had a blinder in origin one and outplayed JT

I have absolutely no idea what the bears have to do with the subject at hand, but keep mentioning them if you wish.

I simply dont like Thurston, i dont rate his performace last season as anything special. Heplayed well consistently over 2005, however Johns performance from origin 2 onwards (when hewas actually fit) left him for dead. Thuston strike me as an arrogent person and i dont enjoy seeing a player who is not that great acting how he does on the field. Itsprobly i just dont enjoy his style of play all that much.

Being a Queenslander probably doesn't help either....;-)

Canard

Immortal
Just so you know he has been a Queenslander for his whole life, he didn't just become one once he played for them...;-)

kooriguy

Juniors
how could anyone hate on a guy that gave away his hard earned premiership ring to a departing club legend, he should never be spoken ill of just for that, well thats my opinion anyway.

Mr Saab

Referee
GoTheBears said:

But he didnt.
If kicking a field goal equals a "blinder" then you are too easily pleased and it further proves you have NFI about league.
NSW went to an early 14-0 lead and then they did sweet F all for the next 60 mins of the game. Finch did nothing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
But he didnt.
If kicking a field goal equals a "blinder" then you are too easily pleased and it further proves you have NFI about league.
NSW went to an early 14-0 lead and then they did sweet F all for the next 60 mins of the game. Finch did nothing.

I assume you still mean Origin 1?? [memory is sh*thouse] I wouldn't of expected him to be that dominant in any case especially with the preperation he had..ie going into camp 22 hours before kick off.

Stagger eel

Staff member
GoTheBears said:
he scored a try n set up one if i recall correctly.

you see you don't understand mate...it's Brett Finch the only player who's not allowed to be aknowledged for a half decent game. ;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
The choice of the word "blinder" is what i took exception to.
Finch has had some blinders in the past for the chooks in club games, but he has never exceled in origin football

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
The choice of the word "blinder" is what i took exception to.
Finch has had some blinders in the past for the chooks in club games, but he has never exceled in origin football

your right..he didn't have a blinder but at the same time he didn't do too badly either considering he was probably only really met up with his team mates that morning for breakfast.

perverse

Referee
what a dumb thread, lol.
good on thursto aspiring to have a combination with his hooker like that the knights have enjoyed for so long now with buderus and johns. as a knights fan i would say that is complimentary. thurston is a good player, as is payne.. and i'm sure if they do click together to something close to johns/buderus they will a force to be reckoned with.

the funny thing is the comment that thurston has made doesn't even compare their relative skillsets as players.. he speaks of the combination between the 2 positions.

lol but furthermore.. to even compare thurston to johns or payne to buderus at this point in their careers is pointless. it's comparing promising young players to now seasoned veterans. all you can really say is that yeah, they have potential to be something great.. but they've still got a long way to go to realise that potential. but they could be off to a good start.

i enjoy watching thurston play.. and on occasion i have seen him do some incredibly great things.. but he's quite inconsistant, and he's certainly not the complete package that johns is.

so many things wrong with this arguement.. lol

and lastly - finch was extraordinarily AVERAGE in origin.. stop lying to yourself.

Charlie124

First Grade
perverse said:
what a dumb thread, lol.
good on thursto aspiring to have a combination with his hooker like that the knights have enjoyed for so long now with buderus and johns. as a knights fan i would say that is complimentary. thurston is a good player, as is payne.. and i'm sure if they do click together to something close to johns/buderus they will a force to be reckoned with.

the funny thing is the comment that thurston has made doesn't even compare their relative skillsets as players.. he speaks of the combination between the 2 positions.

lol but furthermore.. to even compare thurston to johns or payne to buderus at this point in their careers is pointless. it's comparing promising young players to now seasoned veterans. all you can really say is that yeah, they have potential to be something great.. but they've still got a long way to go to realise that potential. but they could be off to a good start.

i enjoy watching thurston play.. and on occasion i have seen him do some incredibly great things.. but he's quite inconsistant, and he's certainly not the complete package that johns is.

so many things wrong with this arguement.. lol

and lastly - finch was extraordinarily AVERAGE in origin.. stop lying to yourself.

Easily the Best post in an otherwise ridiculous thread. Agree on all accounts.