What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston comment ridiculous

_Johnsy

Referee
Tigertread said:
Well f**k off from NQ if you hate it so much you whinging liar.

Where have i said i hate it, i have just come across a few "rednecks" used for lack of a better term. I love the lifestyle up here.

it is obvious you have a problem reading, understanding what has been read then analysing the text and repond in a coherent manner.

Tiger, Best hurry, I thin k ya muma's fixing some possum pie

_Johnsy

Referee
LESStar58 said:
Given time any "combination" can work to become as succesful as Johns and Buderus. If you keep JT and Payne together then whos to say they wont work...?

no-one is disputing that lesstar, I just found the comments arrogant. A few people have taken exception to my interpretation of JT's comments.

Tigertread

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
Where have i said i hate it, i have just come across a few "rednecks" used for lack of a better term. I love the lifestyle up here.

it is obvious you have a problem reading, understanding what has been read then analysing the text and repond in a coherent manner.

Tiger, Best hurry, I thin k ya muma's fixing some possum pie
No not my mum, she's not alive thank you wanker

Red Bear

Referee
Charlie124 said:
LOL @ this moron, half a good season? are you talking about that Dally M player/halfback of the year season he had? the one that took his team to the grand final? he even beat out the whinging has-been for the medal, no matter how much it looked as though it had been rigged in johns' favour.
lol, beat him playing a full season compared to johns who missed time with a broken jaw and absolutely killed it when he came back?

Thurston isnt worth a pinch of sh*t compared to Johns. I dont particularly like johns as a person, he's an arrogent stuck up twat, but he is an amazing footballer, far better than thurston ever will be. Not only is johns excellent with the ball in hand, be it kicking passing running it, he is the best defender as far as halfback go (altho thats dropped off with age and injuries) and he is the complete organiser. Watch him play, off the ball he is pointing people to wards holes, on the ball he runs the show, shows and otherwise average football team around the park.
Has been? Ha, still plays excellent rugby league.

Thurston, what did he do last season? like 7 good games then fell away until being injured.

Azkatro

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
It's got nothing to do with who it is. He could've said Stuart and Langer and it wouldn't have made a difference.

If he has the self-belief that he and Payne can become as good as Johns and Buderus then good on him. But to come out publicly and say that he thinks he's that talented is a bad look.

I don't think they can achieve it...and so I'm arrogant? That's what I think, I can't change it. Do you think Ben Czislowski and Scott Minto can become as good a halves pairing as Allan Langer and Wally Lewis?

I recall you making a similar comment about Stephen Fleming not long ago...ah yes, here it is:

[/i]Dear God, what arrogance!
Easy easy, in a nutshell I just think all of these angry outbursts are a bit over the top for such an innocuous comment. And I'd forgotten I said that about Fleming, still dead set agree with it though.. no arrogance there, just a well measured, factual comment :lol:

Charlie124

First Grade
Tigertread. I wouldnt bother with him mate, i think Johnsy is trying to divert attention away from this ridiculous thread by picking a fight with you, all you have to do is read the responces to his opening post to see he's just a sh*t stirer.

Tigertread

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
Tigertread. I wouldnt bother with him mate, i think Johnsy is trying to divert attention away from this ridiculous thread by picking a fight with you, all you have to do is read the responces to his opening post to see he's just a sh*t stirer.
Yeah, I guess I'll go back and do a bit of work.

_Johnsy

Referee
Charlie

so far from the truth it is not funny.

Tiger

No offence meant re: muma's comment

Mortar

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Thurston, what did he do last season?

ummmmm..... played in a winning State of Origin team, halfback for the National side....

You are almost as bigger a wanker as johnsy is..... nah you're alot bigger!

How did the bears go last season? :lol:

Nrlchick

Juniors
Club captaincy just the start for Thurston
Margie McDonald
March 09, 2007

THE elevation of Johnathan Thurston to Cowboys captain could be an audition for leading Queensland and even Australia, according to club chief executive Peter Parr.
Darren Lockyer captains the state and national team and has indicated he might give away representative football after the 2008 World Cup.
It is a role Parr thinks the 23-year-old Thurston could capably fill, even though he made his Kangaroos debut only last year.

"If he does all the right things around our captaincy and really embraces it, I think he'd be a natural then for the Queensland captaincy and who knows after that," Parr said.

"Certainly, it's not beyond him."

Thurston said he was honoured to have the role and to have hooker Aaron Payne as deputy, hoping they would form a union like that of Andrew Johns and Danny Buderus at Newcastle. He had good memories of what he learnt under Travis Norton, who retired last season, and his Bulldogs captain, Steve Price.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21348818-2722,00.html

WTF, How does that sound arrogant?

mongoose

Coach
Thurston still looks more like a 5/8 to me than a half. However in todays game the 9, 7 and 6 are basically interchangeable.

Red Bear

Referee
Mortar said:
ummmmm..... played in a winning State of Origin team, halfback for the National side....

You are almost as bigger a wanker as johnsy is..... nah you're alot bigger!

How did the bears go last season? :lol:
Bears went sh*t mate, happens with a limited budget.

Cos Thurston was the player that got schooled by brett finch in origin one if i recall correctly.

Like i said, thurston played well for like 7-8 weeks of last season then went downhill. He's an arrogent little twat to go with it who thinks he is better than he is.

Charlie124

First Grade
got schooled in origin 1? how? Finch was their 4th choice halfback and kicked a field goal to win by 1.

do you remember the rest of the series?

Mr Saab

Referee
GoTheBears said:
Cos Thurston was the player that got schooled by brett finch in origin one if i recall correctly.

Wow, the loss of the bears in the NRL as resulted in a loss of brain cells for you.
Yes, the Blues won game one 2006...but Thurston was not "schooled" but Finch.

Iluvfinchy

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Wow, the loss of the bears in the NRL as resulted in a loss of brain cells for you.
Yes, the Blues won game one 2006...but Thurston was not "schooled" but Finch.

rofl wat game were u watchin....finchy was man of the match and thurston had nuthin