What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston comment ridiculous

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Shows your ignorance chuck, cherry was a great player...shouldve repped.

He did, country origin.
But he was not worthy of state of origin selection

Azkatro

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
I never heard a young Andrew Johns come out and say anything about how he thought he could be the best player in the world. Or Darren Lockyer. Or Wally Lewis. Or Shane Webcke.

Are they sitting on a forum? No you f**king idiot.
What you don't understand is that you and others who are knocking Thurston's comments are the arrogant ones. "How dare he compare himself to OUR Joey". Arrogance would be saying he IS as good as Johns, but no, he's saying he believes they have the potential to be.

Reasonable is patting him on the back and saying good onya mate, keep working hard and maybe one day it'll happen .. even if you don't think it can. Arrogant is telling him he's kidding himself and that he'll never achieve that, no matter what he does.

Take off your blue and red sunnies mate, and have a look around.

JJ

Immortal
Azkatro said:
Arrogance would be saying he IS as good as Johns, but no, he's saying he believes they have the potential to be.

Arrogant or not, most people would agree he's flat out wrong.

icewind

Juniors
if this is what thurston and payne need to 'gee' themselves up, to help spur them on to keep improving, then so be it.\\ As long as they don't follow Joey's path and try to milk more money out of the club by pretending to want to play yawnion. :p

Johns Magic

Referee
Azkatro said:
What you don't understand is that you and others who are knocking Thurston's comments are the arrogant ones. "How dare he compare himself to OUR Joey". Arrogance would be saying he IS as good as Johns, but no, he's saying he believes they have the potential to be.

Reasonable is patting him on the back and saying good onya mate, keep working hard and maybe one day it'll happen .. even if you don't think it can. Arrogant is telling him he's kidding himself and that he'll never achieve that, no matter what he does.

Take off your blue and red sunnies mate, and have a look around.

It's got nothing to do with who it is. He could've said Stuart and Langer and it wouldn't have made a difference.

If he has the self-belief that he and Payne can become as good as Johns and Buderus then good on him. But to come out publicly and say that he thinks he's that talented is a bad look.

I don't think they can achieve it...and so I'm arrogant? That's what I think, I can't change it. Do you think Ben Czislowski and Scott Minto can become as good a halves pairing as Allan Langer and Wally Lewis?

I recall you making a similar comment about Stephen Fleming not long ago...ah yes, here it is:

Azkatro said:
Fleming has wrecked his team's chances. The ultimate display of disgracefully selfish batting IMO. He has got no chance of leading NZ to getting anywhere in the world cup.

Dear God, what arrogance!

icewind

Juniors
meh. nothing compared to Daley trying to suggest Gasnier could be as great as Lockyer at 5/8.

elyod138

Bench
He didn't mention anything about being as good as Buderus and Johns as players, he said there is no reason they could not form a combination like theirs.

Tigertread

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
If he has the self-belief that he and Payne can become as good as Johns and Buderus then good on him. But to come out publicly and say that he thinks he's that talented is a bad look.

[/i]Dear God, what arrogance!
When did he say that? I watched the local news last night and that is not what he said.
He said "he hoped Payne and himself could work up a combination to rival that of Newcastle pair Johns and Buderus".

Oh the arrogance :sarcasm:

Johns Magic

Referee
Tigertread said:
When did he say that? I watched the local news last night and that is not what he said.
He said "he hoped Payne and himself could work up a combination to rival that of Newcastle pair Johns and Buderus".

I'm just going off what the first post in the thread said

_Johnsy

Referee
icewind said:
meh. nothing compared to Daley trying to suggest Gasnier could be as great as Lockyer at 5/8.

OMG idiocy has reached new levels, The difference is obvious, Gasnier has not suggestesed he could be as good as lockyer, Daley did:crazy: :crazy:

_Johnsy

Referee
Tigertread said:

if yopu saw the news article, that is not what he said tiger. You are lying or wrong. I have watched the footage again and that is not what he said. refer first post.

Tigertread

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
if yopu saw the news article, that is not what he said tiger. You are lying or wrong. I have watched the footage again and that is not what he said. refer first post.
I'm no liar thank you and I read your first post and it's bullsh*t.

Red Bear

Referee
lol @ Thurston, half a good season andhe thinks he's good. Hate that player. Besides that he has absolutely nothing on Johns, mind you no player does.

_Johnsy

Referee
Tigertread said:
I'm no liar thank you and I read your first post and it's bullsh*t.

I have the recording, and you are full of it, you are not even big enough to admit you have been caught out lying, or admit your comment is wrong.

Charlie124

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
lol @ Thurston, half a good season andhe thinks he's good. Hate that player. Besides that he has absolutely nothing on Johns, mind you no player does.

LOL @ this moron, half a good season? are you talking about that Dally M player/halfback of the year season he had? the one that took his team to the grand final? he even beat out the whinging has-been for the medal, no matter how much it looked as though it had been rigged in johns' favour.

_Johnsy

Referee
My first post with the direct quote from JT's mouth "[FONT=&quot]There is no reason we cannot be the new Joey & Bedsy"

Your quote from post #53 with some 1/2 assed quote you think to heard "
[FONT=&quot]he hoped Payne and himself could work up a combination to rival that of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Newcastle[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] pair Johns and Buderus".

You are either very very slow and it took you 52 posts to figure out the difference between my quote and your take on it.

Again, do not lie, either admit you have lied or just admit you have the quote wrong. i realise its a bit of an ask to disagree with anything the cowboys do/say. No more is expected from some of the banjo plucking folk up in NQ.

[/FONT]

Tigertread

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
I have the recording, and you are full of it, you are not even big enough to admit you have been caught out lying, or admit your comment is wrong.
Wow you have a recording, well now listen to it and turn on your hearing aid you whinging liar.

Tigertread

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
My first post with the direct quote from JT's mouth "[FONT=&quot]There is no reason we cannot be the new Joey & Bedsy"

Your quote from post #53 with some 1/2 assed quote you think to heard "
[FONT=&quot]he hoped Payne and himself could work up a combination to rival that of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Newcastle[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] pair Johns and Buderus".

You are either very very slow and it took you 52 posts to figure out the difference between my quote and your take on it.

Again, do not lie, either admit you have lied or just admit you have the quote wrong. i realise its a bit of an ask to disagree with anything the cowboys do/say. No more is expected from some of the banjo plucking folk up in NQ.

[/FONT]
Well f**k off from NQ if you hate it so much you whinging liar.

_Johnsy

Referee
Mate

I know what was said, you have gone off 1/2 cocked and have thought you heard something else. You are wrong. I don't have a problem with JT's ability. IMO he is a brilliant player. i found his comments to be arrogant. there are plenty of ways to say the same thing, he just chose a way that sounded arrogant. Its ok sweety, don't do a hammy working yourself up.

I was not whinging, just pointing out your mistake. I think you may need a hearing aid, either that or take lessons in english.

LESStar58

Referee
Given time any "combination" can work to become as succesful as Johns and Buderus. If you keep JT and Payne together then whos to say they wont work...?