What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston gone for the season!!!

Charlie124

First Grade
As a Cowboys fan, im more annoyed about the loss of Payne than Thurston. Most other fans dont see that he is the glue that holds the team together out there. It was interesting to see that when Thurston went off we scored all of our tries and got back into the game.

Payne will hurt us more.

Butters

Bench
Wow Cooper Cronk might actually be picked for Origin. About time, he's only been the best halfback for the past 4 years.

They'll still probably pick that hack Prince ahead of him though.

Charlie124

First Grade
As for Origin.

1. Slater
2. Tuqiri/Folau
3. Tonga
4. Inglis
5. Boyd/Tuqiri
6. Lockyer
7. Prince/Cronk

14. Cronk/Prince

I can live with that......

Jason Maher

Immortal
Cronk combining with Smith and Slater... oh yeah, losing Thurston is such a blow for Queensland... :roll:

Didgi

Only two teams are affected by Thurston's injury, the Cowboys and my fantasy team. QLD and Australia are in fine condition with Prince and Cronk waiting in the wings.

typicalfan

Coach
Cronk combining with Smith and Slater... oh yeah, losing Thurston is such a blow for Queensland... :roll:
Thurston has been the best player for QLD consistently over the last 4 series, Cronk is a talented player but your mad if you think they won't lose anything, whether it will be enough for NSW to win is another story.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Big loss for the Cowboys - comiserations to the fans.

Prince should be right by Origin time surely. And Lockyer will do what he has since 2006 - steer QLD to glory again.

Lol@NSW

Talanexor

Juniors
Blessing in disguise for the Cowboys. JT has tried to do everything himself in seasons past, and most of the team sat back and watched. But they won't be able to now.

Bowen will be spending some time in the halves this season. Young Thompson looks pretty good there too. His former u20s halves partner Michael Morgan is pretty darn good too, although he's still a bit raw IMO for first grade.

Then we've got Watts, Rovelli and Aaron Payne who all have a fair bit of experience in the halves.

I think we're going to surprise a few teams.

My biggest concern is the goalkicking. Our next-choice goalkicker is John Williams, and that worries me.

Sleep

Juniors
On the footy show this morning they said it was incorrectly reported as season ending and it isn't. Definitely a few weeks though.

Didgi

Well hopefully by the time he's back the rest of the team, outside of Gallant, Payne and Tonga, have gotten their arses into gear and we can make a late charge.

gurudave

Juniors
I love how the New South Welshman think they are a chance at Origin this year against our 2nd string team. May certainly make it a little closer though! Bad luck to the cowboys and all those relying on Thurston in their fantasy league teams!

hutch

First Grade
Blessing in disguise for the Cowboys. JT has tried to do everything himself in seasons past, and most of the team sat back and watched. But they won't be able to now.

Bowen will be spending some time in the halves this season. Young Thompson looks pretty good there too. His former u20s halves partner Michael Morgan is pretty darn good too, although he's still a bit raw IMO for first grade.

Then we've got Watts, Rovelli and Aaron Payne who all have a fair bit of experience in the halves.

I think we're going to surprise a few teams.

My biggest concern is the goalkicking. Our next-choice goalkicker is John Williams, and that worries me.

i see your point about other players stepping up but if you think it is a 'blessing in disgiuse' then you are kidding yourself! losing your best player, and one of the best players in the world is a massive blow for any team, especially the cowboys who have won quite a few games because thurston has won it for them. its not the end of the world for you, but makes the task 10 times harder!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Big loss for the Cowboys - comiserations to the fans.

Prince should be right by Origin time surely. And Lockyer will do what he has since 2006 - steer QLD to glory again.

Lol@NSW

JT has been the one steering Qld to those series wins.. he's the key player, not Lockyer. (and I'm not sure Lockyer
being gifted the match winner in the 06 decider classifies as "steering them to glory")
Keep up the denial and the arrogance. It'll just make it even sweeter when NSW wins back the trophy this year.

lifesgood

Juniors
Jonathan Thurston to the Cowboys is what Andrew Johns was to Newcastle.

As for QLD, Thurston easily has been their most consistent player from all 4 series victories, without doubt. Cooper Cronk will now get his chance to represent his state, and Im sure he will take the opportunity with both hands.

And for Australia Thurston has been one of their best, and was probably their best in the 4 nations, Cronk will most likely be halfback there as well.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I love how the New South Welshman think they are a chance at Origin this year against our 2nd string team. May certainly make it a little closer though! Bad luck to the cowboys and all those relying on Thurston in their fantasy league teams!

:lol: God some of you Queenslanders are arrogant little w*nkers. There hasn't been a single one-sided series in the past 4 years, you muppet.
Cannot wait for this years series

nrlnrl

First Grade
On the footy show this morning they said it was incorrectly reported as season ending and it isn't. Definitely a few weeks though.

yeah, all speculation until the results of Monday's scans are known ( this mightn't be until Tuesday )

Sleep

Juniors
Thurston is more important to the Cowboys than Johns was to Newcastle in my eyes.

I've never seen one guy so dominant in a side as I have in Thurston. He is just flat out in everything. Johns had some good players around him too. Guys that have made their own name in their own right. Thurston makes a lot of the guys he plays with better but they're still bums.

QLD and Australia will still go alright without him but he is the leader for both teams regardless of the C being next to his name or not.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Qld still have plenty if halves to pick from.

Soward, campese, kimmorely, mullen, Marshall, Wallace, finch, pearce. Hey who are the halfbacks running around in the esl, I'm sure some of them could point out qld on the map.

Paullyboy

Coach
:lol: God some of you Queenslanders are arrogant little w*nkers. There hasn't been a single one-sided series in the past 4 years, you muppet.
Cannot wait for this years series

Ah the irony of a New South Welshman calling someone else arrogant. For the record though, when you've won more consecutive series than any team in history - you have a right to be proud of your state and confident in it's ability to continue winning

Latest posts