What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston gone for the season!!!

Red Bear

Referee
I think the more telling thing is that, despite dominating us for 4 years, as per usual there is still that Queensland chip on the shoulder. Good on you, you've beaten us in Origin. I personally love winning Origin, it's always nice when the team you are supporting win, but it's not there as some sort of validation of my state, as it seems to be for Qld.

NSW as a state is arrogant as hell. It's because we are that damn good, and are perfectly happy with our position as a state. When it comes to sport we've regularly contributed a helluva lot of high quality players across the codes, we have been the countries financial backbone for years (although not so much of late what with the mining booms in other states), we are the original and the best and even when we have a f**ked government like we currently do (and will whoever wins the election) we're pretty happy being in a progressive and confident state. We dont compare ourselves to other states, we are well beyond that.

Queensland on the other hand seem to still compare itself to NSW. It still reeks of that little brother attitude, desperately seeking the approval of those around it. The chip on the sohulder was well illustrated in their play in the final minutes of last year origin, oh lets bomb it to the smallest guy on the field and try and f**k him up, all the while the baying mob of morons at Lang Park cat calling and wolfwhistling (dont know if they still have tinnies to throw on the field). I remember T-ba pointing out that posters advertising the 150th anniversary of the formation of the sunshine state were promoting it as 'celebrate 150 years since we broke away from NSW.' Pretty sad dont you think?

So good luck this year in Origin, you're a huge chance of beating us again, although it's a much more even contest than a few of the previous years what with injuries/form. Just dont keep up that underdog charade as usual, about time you grew up I think.

sharko

Juniors
Yes Gareth Ellis got him by the balls too, he just didn't want him reproducing and hurting the Poms in the future with his offspring a la JT does now.

What is this pommy Ellis a androtop or something? Why is he grabbing Thurston by the genitals?

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Chip on our shoulders?

Weren't you the win who at the start of last year made a thread saying on Queensland and if they failed to win they'd fall under one of your lame definitions?

Hell, there are still some people who believe Tony Archer screwed the Blues in a game they lost by 30 points!

Otherwise a fair post. Oh and if you think your gov. is f**ked...we haven't had a good PM since the early 90's.

Bench
What is this pommy Ellis a androtop or something? Why is he grabbing Thurston by the genitals?
Firstly he is not a androtop,he would star in any team,he had his nose broken and tooth knocked out on saturday,never even left the field,and secondly it was an accidental knee which got Thursty,and you could see on Gaz's face it was not deliberate,he was really concerned for Thurston.

sharko

Juniors
I missed the incident,it sounds accidental, but I thought first chaps post suggested it was a deliberate squirrel grip or something like that.

Big Pete

Referee
As in Payne's injury may keep him on the sideline's longer or that Payne is a far bigger blow?

Charlie124

First Grade
Both.

Cows are optimistic that Thurstons injury will only be a 4-6 week thing, while Paynes seems to be worse. I think losing Payne will be much harder for us to deal with than if it had only been Thurston, we'll wait and see though. Im definately interested to see how we handle this period.

_Johnsy

Referee
I realise this is not an origin thread, however because it has been raised. here is my origin side - injuries not considered as we are still a few weeks away.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Morris
6. Sutton/Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Scott
15. Tolman
16. Lewis
17. Lahrs

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
I disagree Charlie.

As good and underated as Payne is, if you lose Thurston it's season over.

lockyno1

Post Whore
NSW supporters laughing now? Seriously our 4th string halfback would be your first halfback! Dead set if Mitchell Pearce is an option you are screwed!

lockyno1

Post Whore
I realise this is not an origin thread, however because it has been raised. here is my origin side - injuries not considered as we are still a few weeks away.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Morris
6. Sutton/Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Scott
15. Tolman
16. Lewis
17. Lahrs

Greg Bird will be there, whether that be at 5/8th or lock is another question but he'll be there and Gallen despite his flaws has been in form all season. These are two Origin type players, you will need them. You can't send a bunch of kids hoping to win Origins. Josh Morris is not a winger!