What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston gone.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Feel so sorry for you Cowboys fans. You were playing such good Footy moving into the Top 4. After so many years of crap you finally had a year to look forward to and this happens. I will still support you in the Finals if Penrith misses out though.

Will be up in a couple of weeks for the Penrith game, hope your fans still turn out and support the rest of the boys.

Snappy

Coach
Tough luck guys. Always the concern with rep games. Sad for the cows and NRL fans to lose such a huge star running into the finals.

slammingsam

Juniors
My heart goes out to you fans and Thurston. Tremendous form and in the prime of his career. I was genuinely saddened when it happend. A legend of our game.

Talanexor

Juniors
Just goes to show - God hates the Cowboys!

Bit hard to put an optimistic spin on it, but now at least a young guy will get a chance in first grade and Thompson will have to learn how to steer a side around the field.

Now that it's looking like the season for Thurston, I say we give MPW a shot. If it was only 1 or 2 games, I'd go with experience and stick Morgan in there, but MPW is streets ahead of Morgan at the moment.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Bad luck guys you were looking so strong this year. Hope you can still maintain some momentum. Hate to see a champion go down like that.

jc155776

Coach
Lets face it, season over.

Which is shit because I had a bet paying 6 to 1 that the Cows would finish above the Donkeys and Tits this year.

Eelectrica

Referee
Commiserations guys.
Was looking forward to seeing him action in a couple of weeks team down here against the Titans. Even though he would probably have ripped the Titans to shreds, at least it would have been fun to watch.

hardbaby

Coach
Bad luck guys. Been a nasty run with injuries. Thurston just tops it off. Must admit I don't like him as a person but what an amazing footballer. Oh well. Just win without him.

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
4-8 weeks? Thats probably best case scenario considering how ugly it looked. Thats terrible luck for you blokes. Although im pretty sure he was the happiest guy in Qld last night, he was certainy giving that green tube a fair suck! Lol

beave

Coach
nice to see some decent people in here, wether or not people rate him as a footballer, no one deserves injuries like that. Some of the posts I've read in other threads I just shake my head at some people.

Saying I am gutted about JT is an understatement, I swear god just doesn't want to see NQ go well.

gUt

Coach
First thought was for the Cows last night. Such a shame. Hope he is back sooner rather than later.

POPEYE

Coach
Terrible luck. Thurston's been waiting so long for a shot at the gf and Henry was right in thinking his luck had changed. Fingers crossed the rest of the season shows some mercy and everything still falls into place.

Charlie124

First Grade
Boys just have to get on with it without him and hope that the 4-6 weeks is all it is. We deserve a top 4 finish this season and Thurston deserves to be there come finals time.

Adsy

Juniors
Tough break cowboy fans. Really feel for you guys right now. As a Knights fan I know exactly what it feels like to watch something like that happen to your star number 7. Hopefully it is only a month on the sidelines for JT.