What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston Vs Judiciary - Not Guilty

Charlie124

First Grade
Good, justice is mostly done, although they cant give us the two competition points we would have had if Robinson hadnt completel invented a knock on to deny a try under the posts.

Im willing to bet that if the Cowboys had been toweled up by 20 OR if they'd won the game comfortably Thurston would have been given a week suspension for a spray like that, obviously it was disrespectful but i think the judiciary took into account the reason Thurston had for the spray and were sympathetic to that.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
You earn respect and refs that show no control from the opening second dont get respect, something Robinson needs to learn - he got flustered, lost the plot and f**ked up.
this is where you are wrong. referees don't earn respect from players, it is literally part of their job description. no matter how wrong you believe they are. this is under 7's stuff.

innsaneink

Referee
Haha...Jason Robinson didnt even include this incident in his official report on the match - all refs submit a report.
This went some way to them finding JT not guilty.
It didnt bother him, why should it bother anyone else?

innsaneink

Referee
this is where you are wrong. referees don't earn respect from players, it is literally part of their job description. no matter how wrong you believe they are. this is under 7's stuff.
LOL...if you show control from the start you get respect, if your flustered and wishy washy they will walk all over you...
Respect is always earnt....job description :lol:

perverse

Referee
LOL...if you show control from the start you get respect, if your flustered and wishy washy they will walk all over you...
Respect is always earnt....job description :lol:
so you were taught that it was ok to abuse and disrespect a referee if you thought they weren't doing their job optimally?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It'll get like soccer if we don't clamp down on it now. Who wants to see players carrying on like babies every time a decision is made they don;t like?

innsaneink

Referee
so you were taught that it was ok to abuse and disrespect a referee if you thought they weren't doing their job optimally?
I wasnt taught anything thats relevant here.....you have comprehension troubles too?
.If a ref is strict, firm, shows control and cops no crap we dont see what what we just saw on sat nite....Robinson couldnt even be arsed to mention it in his report FFS!
An authority figure anywhere as well as refs needs to show strength, control and discipline...Robinson just copped it coz he knew he was wrong. He need to learn that even when theyre wrong, theyre right - and act that way.

BDR

First Grade
Said it before and I'll say it again - the only reason he was charged was because the referee took no on-field action. If we were marched ten and/or Thurston was sent off, there would be no need for the NRL to cook up a bullsh*t charge to try and save face.

Look at the sprays that have been given over the years, many are comparable and vanishingly few have resulted in suspensions. The only one I can recall is Johns for abusing a touchie, and I believe he was attacking the touchie himself, not just swearing while challenging a call. Anasta gets in the ref's face on a weekly basis.

It's all been blown out of proportion anyway, it's not like what he did was so horrible that it's damaged the NRL in any way. If anything he's just made himself look like a massive dick.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Open season to swear as much as you want now, just don't look at the Ref when you are doing it.

Protected species indeed.

S.R.

Juniors
Haha...Jason Robinson didnt even include this incident in his official report on the match - all refs submit a report.
This went some way to them finding JT not guilty.
It didnt bother him, why should it bother anyone else?

Jason Robinson is a scared little cat.
THAT is why he didn't do anything about it, or include it in the match report.

Parra

Referee
It is about f**king time those f**king merkins got what they f**king deserved.This sends out a strong f**king message to every f**king merkin that plays the f**king game that the f**king merkin in the middle with the f**king whistle is a f**king idiot who needs to be f**king reminded of the f**king fact every f**king time a decision goes against you. What about all the kids who play the game - those f**king merkins will never learn how to play the f**king game unless the f**king best player in the f**king world leads by f**king example.

perverse

Referee
I wasnt taught anything thats relevant here.....you have comprehension troubles too?
.If a ref is strict, firm, shows control and cops no crap we dont see what what we just saw on sat nite....Robinson couldnt even be arsed to mention it in his report FFS!
An authority figure anywhere as well as refs needs to show strength, control and discipline...Robinson just copped it coz he knew he was wrong. He need to learn that even when theyre wrong, theyre right - and act that way.
clearly you weren't taught much at all as a youth... because my comprehension skills shouldn't be in question. i've addressed everything you've postulated in this thread... yet you've done nothing but deflect on my arguments.

anything regarding why Robinson ommitted the incident from his match report is pure speculation. perhaps he didn't want to make a big deal about it. perhaps he was afraid of pissing off JT. perhaps he was afraid of losing his job. perhaps you are right and that he just didn't care. there is absolutely no way of knowing his motivations, and that renders your argument about the match report null and void.

this incident has nothing to do with the way Robinson acted during the match, as him acting like a soft c**k is no excuse for JT's tanty. plain and simple. the bloke had a pink shirt on, therefore JT must - especially as one of the pinups of our game - respect that and act appropriately... or face disciplinary action if he chooses not to.

Parra

Referee
Obviously you are wrong peverse. JT showed no respect and faced no action at all.

The ref is obviously a prick who deserved the abuse. No respect required.