What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston Vs Judiciary - Not Guilty

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ohhhh, I see. So any player in the comp can carry on like a good sort whenever decisions go against them, laden with expletives, congratulating the officials on being "man of the match", but as long as they don't call them a f**king merkin, it's ok? :crazy:

And no Dean, Johns got two weeks.

If Matai didn't get binned or suspended, Thurston should not be either.

Consistency.

Refs need more respect from the players, I think a line in the sand should be drawn as of right now.

God-King Dean

Immortal
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-thurston-escape/story-e6frexnr-1225874827561

NEW Zealand Warriors lock Micheal Luck has slammed the NRL judiciary after Johnathan Thurston escaped a detrimental conduct charge.

North Queensland skipper Thurston is free to play against South Sydney on Monday despite an expletive-laden attack on referee Jason Robinson for not ruling a forward pass late in the Cowboys' 24-20 loss to Manly on Saturday.

Luck was incredulous the star halfback had not been punished, suggesting Thurston's status in the game had protected him.

"I can't believe they let him off," he said.

"It's set a pretty dangerous precedent now that anyone who sprays the ref can go back to that incident and say 'well, Thurston didn't even get penalised, why am I at the judiciary?'

"Any other player on the field that night, or any team, would have been at least penalised."

Former Cowboys forward Luck said had learned to mind his language since referees had been fitted with microphones and said the incident was a poor image for the sport.

"As much as anyone doesn't like refs and they make bad calls, they're there to do a job and you've got to give them some sort of respect for them to do their job effectively.

"I can understand why Thurston was frustrated... they made some questionable calls towards the end, the referees. But the incident he was blowing up about was a right call, Thurston just lost his rag a bit and it all came out.

"Imagine how many young kids saw what Thurston said the other night and have watched countless replays since then.

"This weekend I'd hate to be a junior ref, to see what's going to happen. It's set a precedent and the NRL must be just rolling their eyes that the judiciary panel let him off."

The panel took only 20 minutes to find Thurston not guilty after his lawyer Colin White had argued the incident couldn't be classified as detrimental conduct because the NRL had kept footage of it on its website until late Wednesday afternoon.

sharko

Juniors
If the ref had binned Thurston, the mob would have gone crazy. The ref was being smart and ensuring he wore the spleen from Thursty but was able to walk off the field instead of being chased off the field.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
his lawyer Colin White had argued the incident couldn't be classified as detrimental conduct because the NRL had kept footage of it on its website until late Wednesday afternoon.

that was their f**king argument?? what a load of absolute sh*t. f**k.

Iafeta

Referee
he actually got them to change that decision. i thought that alone was disgraceful enough.

Yeah, that was amazing work by Ashley Klown-Klein. Heremaia ran from dummy half, had the ball stripped in a one on one rake, I think it was Thurston who grounded the ball behind his own goal line, Klown-Klein correctly rules a goal line drop out, Thurston goes off, decision changed, Cowboys feed.

Really, I don't think we need Robert Funch anymore. It's clear Thurston has more control over them than he does! Let's get Thurston being constructive and fixing bung rules and interpretations by his Captain Planet superpowers mentoring.

beave

Coach
Yeah, that was amazing work by Ashley Klown-Klein. Heremaia ran from dummy half, had the ball stripped in a one on one rake, I think it was Thurston who grounded the ball behind his own goal line, Klown-Klein correctly rules a goal line drop out, Thurston goes off, decision changed, Cowboys feed.

Really, I don't think we need Robert Funch anymore. It's clear Thurston has more control over them than he does! Let's get Thurston being constructive and fixing bung rules and interpretations by his Captain Planet superpowers mentoring.

BS, whoever the Warrior lad was, knocked on, it wasn't stripped, we were given no advantage hence why they blew up when Thurston got tackled in the in-goal with the ball.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I would but I deleted the game last week off my HD. You are full of $hit champ, even your biased a$$ commentators were going on how it should have been a scrum feed to us.
given the ringleader is an unashamed cowboys fan that doesn't hold any water.

beave

Coach
given the ringleader is an unashamed cowboys fan that doesn't hold any water.

true, his bias for us when he commentates back here on the radio sickens me as well.

But combine him with Halligan, and it drives anyone watching the game nuts.