What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursty gets off

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Boo-f**king-hoo. That tackle was never going to be a one-week suspension and finally, common sense has prevailed (which for the NRL is quite amazing really).

Mr Saab

Referee
Right decision.
They showed a tackle by Krisnan Inu on Bell that was worse and that was not even looked at.
I dont know why some of you are so suprised by him being let off.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Oh well, at least it'll give the Manly fans something to whinge about should they lose :lol:

Bernster

Juniors
There is a God afterall...

The funny thing is, my nearly 6 year old Nephew was asking me this arvo when I picked him up from school if Jonathon Thurston had been arrested (referring to his visit to the Judiciary of course).

Bazal

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
You can quote me on this - but this has opened up a massive pandora's box. It will take not even a necessarily good lawyer to expose the judiciary as a constitutional fraud when it highlights its inconsistencies through the tort of precedent. One player feels he's been hard done by, for instance lets say a player gets done before round 25 for a week, team is going to miss the finals, he has a clause in his contract.. one more game for a certain payment, he will take them on... and the second one player does, they will win. Mark my words.

Not only that, but surely it has implications for the loading system? I mean, that's the sole reason Thurston was facing a week off, and the sole reason the Cowboys mounted a challenge. Had he not had the loading points it would have been early plea and play next week, so IMO they are basically saying that they are not going to take that loading into account...

Clock watcher

Juniors
Non one is suprised by the decision, Daly M player of the year News Limited owned club and certain panel members not allowed to be used in preference for Sympathetic ones.
This decision was always going to happen!
KARMA however is a horrible thing!!!!
watch this space

Iafeta

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Right decision.
They showed a tackle by Krisnan Inu on Bell that was worse and that was not even looked at.
I dont know why some of you are so suprised by him being let off.

Whats the difference between Thurston's tackle there, and Michael Luck's tackle in the Warriors-Roosters game? The inconsistencies are mind boggling. Big name player, no problems, relative unknown do the crime do the time.

Mr Saab

Referee
Clock watcher said:
Non one is suprised by the decision, Daly M player of the year News Limited owned club and certain panel members not allowed to be used in preference for Sympathetic ones.
This decision was always going to happen!
KARMA however is a horrible thing!!!!
watch this space

For someone that "claims" he is "mates" with Thurston, you are as rock solid as a sandcastle on Manly beach

Eelectrica

Referee
To anyone complaining all Thurstons Defence team had to do was play a video if Inu's tackle and the hearing would've been all over right there.

Mr Saab

Referee
Iafeta said:
Whats the difference between Thurston's tackle there, and Michael Luck's tackle in the Warriors-Roosters game? The inconsistencies are mind boggling. Big name player, no problems, relative unknown do the crime do the time.

Did Luck fight the charge?
Perhaps players should fight the charge and not take the 85 point penalty and move on.
Fight it, present a good case and you can get off.
Look at Andrew Ryan and his hit on Ryles.

Preniers

Juniors
Well the obvious solution now is to commit the same spear tackle on Thurston on Saturday. Obviously tackles that risk sending a player off in a stretcher only warrant a penalty.