What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursty gets off

Bazal

Post Whore
What the hell? According to his defence, Thursty has fractures in both shoulders and can't lift...Funny that Koopu got driven into the dirt by a guy that can't lift

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Preniers said:
if hopoate did that tackle he would have got 12 weeks

If osama bin laden did that tackle he would be hunted down by the USA until he was dead.

Who gives a sh*t who made the tackle, it was never ever going to lead to anyones suspension. If you have seen the evidence there are many examples this season of worse being let off.

Jesus, where do all you conspiricy theory nutjobs come from ?

I bet you are the same people who think that origon is rigged so the NRL can sellout stadiums and that the FBI blew up the world trade centre.

The NRL set this up because they hate manly did they ?

I will see you all on the grassy knoll at dairy farmers. I will be easy to spot as i wil be the one sitting next to elvis, kurt cobain, harold holt and tupac.

Eelectrica

Referee
Preniers said:
Well the obvious solution now is to commit the same spear tackle on Thurston on Saturday. Obviously tackles that risk sending a player off in a stretcher only warrant a penalty.
Their was no spear tackle.

Iafeta

Referee
Bazal said:
What the hell? According to his defence, Thursty has fractures in both shoulders and can't lift...Funny that Koopu got driven into the dirt by a guy that can't lift

It's fairly obvious, Wai dove to head butt the turf.

Clock watcher

Juniors
the decision had nothing to do with the tackle - panel conceeded it was a dangerous tackle, but defence was that Jono has "tears in his shoulders and cannot physically lift a man of that size of the ground" the ball carrier has some "equity" in the result of the tackle / inconclusive evidence - NOT QUILTY"

wally80

Juniors
Clock watcher said:
Non one is suprised by the decision, Daly M player of the year News Limited owned club and certain panel members not allowed to be used in preference for Sympathetic ones.
This decision was always going to happen!
KARMA however is a horrible thing!!!!
watch this space

Not anymore. :roll:

Iafeta

Referee
LOL - that's the biggest crock of sh!t ever. Take Simon Woolford's crazy suspension a couple of seasons ago, if Billy Slater's momentum being killed did NOT affect the result of the tackle more than the technique of the tackle itself, I'll scuba dive in a pool of urine. When have they come up with this definition of the ruling, because this is not the way it has been applied in the past. The old "past the horizontal" "dangerous end position" lines have been trotted out with monotony from the NRL, not the tackle technique nor the intent of the tackler. They were apparently placing more responsibility on the defender, until tonight.

woodyk2

First Grade
I thought it was a good driving tackle myself that went slightly wrong. Bring the Cowboys on i say. Qld sooks got no excuses now.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
LOL - that's the biggest crock of sh!t ever. Take Simon Woolford's crazy suspension a couple of seasons ago, if Billy Slater's momentum being killed did NOT affect the result of the tackle more than the technique of the tackle itself, I'll scuba dive in a pool of urine. When have they come up with this definition of the ruling, because this is not the way it has been applied in the past. The old "past the horizontal" "dangerous end position" lines have been trotted out with monotony from the NRL, not the tackle technique nor the intent of the tackler. They were apparently placing more responsibility on the defender, until tonight.

Where does one get a pool of urine big enough to scuba dive in ?

Charlie124

First Grade
what a pathetic decision!!!... wait no pathetic isnt the right word.... FANTASTIC! yes thats better.

Mr Saab

Referee
Azkatro said:
Dunno why it was charged in the first place. Archer never even put it on report.

Just because a ref does not put it on report doesnt mean the player cant be charged by the MRC.
The report system is there only so the team can get a free interchange, no more no less.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Shortly we'll be seeking comments from Danny Buderus, but now, we're crossing now live to David Fa'alogo at Redfern.........

mave

Coach
What I cant understand is the obvious inconsistency. As others have correctly pointed out, similar tackles have been overlooked by the MRC and others have been worthy of a two week suspension. WHY????????

Clock watcher

Juniors
Th eonly way to understand the inconsistency is to accept that different level players get different treatment.
RYAN / SBW / JT / HINDMARSH / ETC