What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tickets for Tigers v Souths????

Missa

Juniors
just heard on nrl on fox they said that u can't use the school footy passes for entry..is that correct???? so u have to have a ticket????

innsaneink

Referee
Ive always bought GA and my sons used his players pass....knew two and a half weeks ago this would be the case, so got reserved seats on halfway then. Grandstand sold out immediately, 99.8% STHs

Missa

Juniors
jc155776 said:
Pay like the rest of us you mooching bludger.

excuse u!!!!!

they r not for me.......my brother has the school pass...i was just asking a question:sarcasm:

colonel_123

Juniors
Missa said:
excuse u!!!!!

they r not for me.......my brother has the school pass...i was just asking a question:sarcasm:

From www.weststigers.com.au
500 TICKETS REMAIN FOR ‘GAME OF THE SEASON’
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wests Tigers Rugby League Club advises limited tickets remain for the blockbuster match against South Sydney at Leichhardt Oval this Sunday at 3pm.

Only 500 general admission tickets remain for the match. Supporters can now only buy these tickets from the Wests Tigers office at Concord Oval, Loftus Street, Concord.

Tickets can no longer be purchased over the phone.

Furthermore, Wests Tigers advise that children with school rugby league passes will not be able to use these passes to gain entry. The only passes accepted will be the gold and green NRL passes.

“It is the first time in the history of the Wests Tigers that we have been unable to accept the school passes,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Steve Noyce.

“The conditions on the passes state that they can be used subject to availability and we have now reached the capacity limit. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however, the demand for tickets for this game has been overwhelming and it has forced our hand.

“Tickets for the Wests Tigers and Souths match have been on sale for the past three weeks which has given supporters of both teams plenty of time to purchase tickets.

“Wests Tigers even took the pro-active step of going to the Souths versus Manly game on Monday night at Telstra Stadium to sell tickets to Rabbitohs supporters for the game at Leichhardt Oval.

“Not many other clubs would do this for an opposition team.’’

The ground record crowd for Leichhardt Oval is 22,877 - set in round 20 against Souths in 2005.

NGR

Juniors
Missa said:
just heard on nrl on fox they said that u can't use the school footy passes for entry..is that correct???? so u have to have a ticket????
theres that many holes in the fence down there, you dont need a school pass...

Missa

Juniors
thanx to those who answered my question...i appreciate it....my brother has been informed....

colonel_123

Juniors
ParraEelsNRL said:
Wasn't it filled with white ants, or was that another?

That was one of the two Southern end grandstands and it has now been knocked down.

There's nothing wrong with the main grandstand and the remaining Southern grand stand has been refurbished.

beave

Coach
I think that was one of those smaller ones on the southern end. I think the one in question would be lucky to hold 4-500 people????

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
colonel_123 said:
That was one of the two Southern end grandstands and it has now been knocked down.

There's nothing wrong with the main grandstand and the remaining Southern grand stand has been refurbished.

Ah ok, whats the capacity now?

Thanks.

colonel_123

Juniors
ParraEelsNRL said:
Ah ok, whats the capacity now?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if anyone is exactly sure.

They shut the gates in 2005 with 22 800 odd in the ground and that was with both the Southern stands closed off.

After that season one of the old stands was knocked down and the hill extended in its place and the other stand was refurbished and re-opened to the public.

But since then there hasn't been a sell out crowd to test the capacity.

Presumable you'd say that with the one stand re-opened and the hill extended they'd be able to fit more into the ground then the 22 800 that were there in 2005 but we won't know till Sunday.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
colonel_123 said:
I'm not sure if anyone is exactly sure.

They shut the gates in 2005 with 22 800 odd in the ground and that was with both the Southern stands closed off.

After that season one of the old stands was knocked down and the hill extended in its place and the other stand was refurbished and re-opened to the public.

But since then there hasn't been a sell out crowd to test the capacity.

Presumable you'd say that with the one stand re-opened and the hill extended they'd be able to fit more into the ground then the 22 800 that were there in 2005 but we won't know till Sunday.

Good stuff, it's a pity they won't fix up the stadiums like the tigers and Brookvale, they are the life and history of RL in NSW.

innsaneink

Referee
I'd hazard a guess at room for an extra 1000-1500 since the old stands been pulled down...being generous probably.

Before. (old stand in b/ground now gone)
l1lufs6.jpg

After ( well during reno's)

34580397zx8.jpg

...all the new grassed area was where the old stand stood.

Latest posts