What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers game

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Tell you what, Widdop was really impressive in a losing side, reckon he saved at least 4 tries.

Clearly still working Benji out, but geez, the kid can read the play.

hazzbeen

Bench
All the years of watching this once mighty club ........ this would have to be the worst dragons team I have seen ....... Worst team or is it the worst coached team for the last 4 years.....

mbrako

Juniors
Wow that was hard to take. No idea in attack and soft in defence. Can't wait till we play some good sides, imagine the long range tries by the Chooks when our no 1 attacking kick to the wingers. Lowest points in first two rounds in 15 years. Didn't I read somewhere that Mary had spent the off season reinventing our attack? Go to the pub instead boys cause your waisting your time here. Wonder when Widdops manager will start seeking a release from this rabble?

All the years of watching this once mighty club ........ this would have to be the worst dragons team I have seen ....... Worst team or is it the worst coached team for the last 4 years.....

Worst team unfortunately being coached by the worst coach since Craig Young.

FlameThrower

Bench

I thought on paper this team was better than last years- even talk of being in the top 8??? So 4 months of offseason has resulted in this uninspired effort where again not only can't we score but now we can't defend as well!!!!! Say what u want about the coach but there is more to this than just crap coaching??

gitano

Juniors
This is exactly why Aitken should have started Round 1.
Now, he might finally get a shot in a team really under pressure.
It was a scared decision by McGregor. Neilsen and Farrell are two of the worst centres in the NRL. I'm struggling to think of worse.

Also, our forwards are soft as.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Widdop looks like he lost $ 5,00 on his way to the shops , in his past two games and is totally dis interested
I would suggest confused, behind a pack which got dominated, check the stats, still never gave in, defended so well, followed what I can only presume was the game plan, kick to Kevin.

Was your best IMO.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I thought on paper this team was better than last years- even talk of being in the top 8??? So 4 months of offseason has resulted in this uninspired effort where again not only can't we score but now we can't defend as well!!!!! Say what u want about the coach but there is more to this than just crap coaching??

yep...it's the players as well...There were so many players available...who did we recruit? nuffies...you get what you pay for.

smi962

First Grade
The bad thing is that many of our rookies are like 26-27 years old. So there is no real upside for the future by playing them.

This Year?

Immortal
There are so many things wrong with this side that I get headaches thinking of where to start.

If that's what we are going to trot out every week then we shouldn't be in 1st grade.

After a bad game I used to think "ah well there's always next week", but after 3 seasons of it I pretty well much expect it now. If what we saw tonight was a stock standard St George performance then I think I'd rather watch Harold Matt, SG ball and NSW cup.

What will it take to make some kind of positive change to this club?

Crossbow

Juniors
I like the sound of the nfi club .id like to join and be a member .ill bring a wooden spoon and hang it on the wall of the clubhouse.my mrs has also bought tickets for the Anzac Day game against the roosters .ive told her she can go with the kids and I'm of to the races.It will be 86 to. 4.that seems to be what we will score.cross kick to nabuli.widdop misses goal.bring the young guys in .nutria aitken runciman wakeman all of them.seasons gone.thought widdop big George played well.obrien looks good for the future too.god help all st George supporters.

love my saints

Juniors
Wow that was hard to take. No idea in attack and soft in defence. Can't wait till we play some good sides, imagine the long range tries by the Chooks when our no 1 attacking kick to the wingers. Lowest points in first two rounds in 15 years. Didn't I read somewhere that Mary had spent the off season reinventing our attack? Go to the pub instead boys cause your waisting your time here. Wonder when Widdops manager will start seeking a release from this rabble?

If he keeps playing this way he can have his release asap as far as im concerned.
2 games in widdop, amongst many others, has done absolutely nothing.

kit66

Bench
Worst team unfortunately being coached by the worst coach since Craig Young.

How much influence does Young have on the coaching now ? Too much ?

Our forwards aren't that bad but we should have started the game with the same props as last week and had Merrin at lock and the Tiges would never have got the roll on they did.
Our halves aren't working well together at all, our backs are a skill free zone and our hookers are next to useless.
I like Mata'utia, he's safe and reliable but I hope Duges is back at fb asap and we can move Peter into the centres.

Frizell and Thompson were outstanding in a losing team.

Again, our biggest problem is the coaching. Until we fix that we're stuffed.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Don't know why the surprise to how we are playing .

Look at the coach ,look at the playing roster, in another thread there is a list of our top 25 players ,seriously go through the list at least 12 players wouldn't get a look in at most clubs , every club can hide one or two cheapies, but we have gone overboard .

The team played like a bunch of guys going through the motions doing the bare minimum to collect their paycheck.

There were plenty of ordinary performers in our side tonight but FMD ,Marshall is an overpaid joke, give one of the young blokes a go .

mbrako

Juniors
Last in U20's and second last in firsts. Early days but I want to hear how Doust explains that this is rebuilding after all the crap that has been dealt up in the past 4 years. Hope the money you saved by employing one year contracted over the hill players and rookie coaches with poor track records is starting to pay off for you and your board. Best get on the phone to Dennis Fitzgerald and find out what to do post club management!