What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

simmo05

Bench
Bloody hell, I am so pumped to see how this team goes next year! If Liddle can step up, I think it is the best pack in the comp. Brooks will finally be able too show what he has got with some space and while there are no guns except nofo, the backline looks very solid, and there is always a player who has a breakout season. Depth is also a massive improvement, with a few more signings to come I think. Lolo should get first crack at FB, especially if he proves his ball playing ability at 5/8 this season. Well done Ivan, a tremendous clean out, could not hoped for better in my opinion

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bloody hell, I am so pumped to see how this team goes next year! If Liddle can step up, I think it is the best pack in the comp. Brooks will finally be able too show what he has got with some space and while there are no guns except nofo, the backline looks very solid, and there is always a player who has a breakout season. Depth is also a massive improvement, with a few more signings to come I think. Lolo should get first crack at FB, especially if he proves his ball playing ability at 5/8 this season. Well done Ivan, a tremendous clean out, could not hoped for better in my opinion

Mate we're going to have guys in our nsw cup side who are better then our current first grade players hahaa

I wish we could just fast forward to it already

Tiger Ted

Bench
That's a huge call saying best pack in the comp.Its very early to make that claim & there's question marks about our forwards depth particularly the back row.Im not convinced Maqueen is going to b an asset & we need another decent prop.

Shredder

Juniors
Its tradesman like - thats what I like about it.
Big guys who know their jobs and actually do it.

On paper, its not full of origin or Aussie rep players, but we have 3 kiwi reps and an ex QLD origin player. So yeah Im happy with it.

As you say TT depth in the forwards should now be our focus.

simmo05

Bench
TT, one more prop would be ideal, but maybe a couple of young lads step up? Finally with a team of professionals, who have made important business decisions to come here, they can school some of the up and comers. I cant really remember too many top forwards being produced by us in the past. Hopefully that can change

BLN2

Juniors
Lolohea will go well at Fullback - trust me. He has a good running and passing game, however he is occasionally a bit timid. Ivan will coach that out of him and we will have a gun in the 1.

Have you seen him play fullback before? I think your saying that out of hope more than actual performance.

I have hope Tui will come good for you guys, but I wouldn't be banking he's a set in stone good NRL fullback for you guys the next several seasons. It shows where he's at mentally looking like he does, playing for 40 minutes then running out of puff without even having an injury this season. Needs to grow up and find out what it is to be a professional, which I think Ivan/living away from home comforts can sort out.

A lot of us Warriors fans think he's a future centre.

Clifferd

Coach
You're seein a player still trying to be comfortable in 1st grade. Against Dragons he was ok, against Roosters he was better

gordynz

Juniors
Have you seen him play fullback before? I think your saying that out of hope more than actual performance.

I have hope Tui will come good for you guys, but I wouldn't be banking he's a set in stone good NRL fullback for you guys the next several seasons. It shows where he's at mentally looking like he does, playing for 40 minutes then running out of puff without even having an injury this season. Needs to grow up and find out what it is to be a professional, which I think Ivan/living away from home comforts can sort out.

A lot of people like to critique Tui which isn't totally fair. He has plenty to work on obviously but the guy has filled every position in the backline in a team that's performed so inconsistently over the last few years and longer. It's not going to get any easier for him playing for the Tigers who are arguably even more inconsistent; however, at least he gets a crack at his preferred position for the remainder of the season and an opportunity to solidify his place in the team for next season. I'm sure that's all he's wanting. Only way is up for him now!

I would be playing Liddle for a full year in ISC before bringing him back into grade. I think MM has a simple game that will favour the pack next year. Once his contract lapses and Lidds shows the goods in ISC, he can move on up.

Shredder

Juniors
Agreed Charlatan, MM is way ahead of Liddle now in terms of skill, vision and time on the field.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I would be playing Liddle for a full year in ISC before bringing him back into grade. I think MM has a simple game that will favour the pack next year. Once his contract lapses and Lidds shows the goods in ISC, he can move on up.
Agree with 1 hooker as we need 4 powerful forwards on bench so we can ensure we no longer get beaten in the middle & hence give our predominantly new backline every chance to demonstrate there attacking prowess.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Fully agree. He never struck me as a player that handles the responsibilities of playing in the spine well. He's a huge improvement on the halves we have at the club aside from Brooks.

But if we have a genuinely decent fullback next season, then Lolo may end up being the bench utility.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Does anyone know if we made a play at Gutherson? Given his form at fullback we should make a big offer for him if Lolohea doesn't work out.

Shredder

Juniors
Jim, I think he was the player we were holding out for with a swap for Moses?

Slime wouldnt release him (rightly so).

Latest posts