1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Tigers Movements

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Sep 24, 2009.

1. stryker

stryker Juniors

Ironic part is he is still in our top 10 performers this year.
    Trust in Madge at your own peril. He is a fcken spud.

WA Tiger likes this.
  2. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

3. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Benji wouldn’t bullshit on NRL 360 about what happened on Monday and how He found it out in the Monday morning newspaper and Madge couldn’t do the conversation telling Benji its over and telling Benji give me a day to see if I can sort it out and then Pascoe telling Benji Monday afternoon..word for word...Any coach will lose the trust of the team if he can’t talk to them and runs off and tells the CEO what he hasn’t got the balls to tell them ..Thats what’s happening now ..And it’s going to lead to his dismissal..
    I’m glad Benjis leaving...It’s the coach Im talking about now. And he’s looking dodgy

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  4. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

Wow so many keyboard coaches here with inside scoops :joy:

WA Tiger likes this.
  5. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Why is it assumed that Benji has a right to go out on his own terms? I'd have thought if he led us to the finals this season then he'd have a decent bargaining chip.

This is a club with a losing culture. We've not made the finals in 9 seasons. Something has to change.

6. Tigers Tale

Tigers Tale Juniors

Good post...many would be too young to remember but the Broncos did exactly the same to the King and future immortal Wally Lewis. There was an uproar for a few weeks but the Broncos went onto to bigger and better things. Players get old, they need to realise this. Like Benji, Lewis played on with another club, he pretty much made a fool of himself and proved the Broncos decision was right to get rid of him....I'd hate to see this happen to Benji at some other club.

Hang up the boots Benji....if you want to do us all a favour replace Anasta on Fox!!!!

gordsy, Fordy20, The Rosco and 2 others like this.
  7. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

That’s before looking at Madges inept judgement when recruiting players..
    I thought that was an interesting comment how Cleary got the best out of Brooks giving him lots of encouragement and the odd cuddle (typical Pisces) etc but it worked Brookes was good back then. Not now
    And this year as soon as Benji was dropped it all turned to shit...Im not saying we played worse when he was dropped but I just think the whole mood of the team changed when Madge went all funny after his “breakup “ with Benji and the results started to go south which prob made things worse.....Benji needs to leave ..Madge isnt the right coach for him..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Tiger Ted likes this.
  8. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

9. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

Are you serious ? I see the complete opposite.

10. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Benji is getting pushed out simply because nobody will take Reynold's contract. I'm 100% certain if we were able to offload Reynolds to ESL then we would have re-signed Benji on a pretty small contract.

Unfortunately, we will be stuck with Reynolds/Brooks as our first choice halves next year. There is no way around it, they have a contract with us and we are legally bound to continue paying them unless they decide to break it

11. glockers

glockers Juniors

Brother Jim has hit the nail on the head. Cleary overpaying Reynolds and Brooks has caused this.

Nothing to do with Madge recruitment.

gordsy and Fordy20 like this.
  12. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

How big Russ going gents - is he worth another year or two at the Dragoon’s ?

Tiger05 likes this.
  13. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

Yeah huge metre eater, big time enforcer and a good mentor to the young front rowers..

...I wish

Other than that one big hit on Matterson, he has been next to useless...

gordsy likes this.
  14. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Maguire is responsible for extending Brooks’s contract for a further 2 yrs ending in ‘23.One of a no.of poor decisions made by Maguire.

gordsy and WA Tiger like this.
  15. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

He would b great for u guys.So hope he returns to saints where he would b of infinite value.Hes a class act.

Vic Mackey, Gareth67 and Tiger05 like this.
  16. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Why do I get the impression that your pulling my leg ? :thinking:

WA Tiger likes this.
  17. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Re big Russ, been thinking that perhaps management could have a word with the chairman about Brydens offering Russ a job.

Russ announces retirement, a win for Tigers.
    Brydens, employ him and gets a guy with plenty of life experience, a guy studying law, with an MBA.
    Or saints can have him back, a win for tigers as well.

18. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

He has some really good moments but it's not what we need. If he played to his best regularly he'd be awesome but he doesn't do that for us. He has been injured at lot with us.

Gareth67 likes this.
  19. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

His output is rubbish.

He earned his contract though just by levelling that merkin Matterson.

20. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

whatever
    Was by far the highlight of the year for me

Tigerm likes this.