Tigers Movements

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

In all seriousness i don't think that matterson has looked quite right since he's come back ...i think his bell might still be ringing a bit.

2. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

I'm not sure I agree with this. I reckon Madge judgment has been accurate when it comes to pinpointing the areas where we needed players. He has definitely chased some of the right players, but who we've actually ended up with has ranged from great to horrible. Ultimately you can only sign players who want to come here and that's how we ended with Doueihi. He was our fourth attempt at signing a fullback after DWZ, Brimson and Lomax.

3. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

And then Madge panicked..Instead of holding onto Corey T and being patient until we got someone proven and significantly better..Instead he panicked and took a gamble on someone that no one new if he was any good after his injury he wasn’t speed tested but we just had to sign someone to not look stupid.. And now we look more stupid..When we found out it was too late and down half a million $ and stuck with him...Thats inept recruitment..
    And then of course Brookes

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

But on the other hand he's picked up youngsters with great potential like Simpkins, Blore, Kepaoa and Utoikamanu. Also, he's obviously learnt from what happened with Doueihi by holding out for Harry Grant while blokes like Isaac Luke and Billy Brittain were being snapped up by the Dragons. Luciano was good signing, Musgrove has been good when he's on the pitch and Walters has been a handy backup. Sure there's been some stinkers like Jennings, but it hasn't been all bad.

Tiger05, macnaz, Ned Kelly and 7 others like this.
  5. Pezz70

Pezz70 Juniors

Nothing wrong with Douehi, the fullback experiment is a dud, he’ll pay for himself at no6. We look pretty dangerous in attack when he has the ball in his hands up front. He has the ability to really get things cooking up front. Momo and Talau in centres next year, Douehi 5/8, Kepaoa and Nofo on the wings, and for now Mbye at fullback. I think we’ll do okay. Be great if we could pick up another centre and a good fullback.

macnaz likes this.
  6. stryker

stryker Juniors

That backline is a genuine wooden spoon earner

Bukowski and BrotherJim05 like this.
  7. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Unless we get JAC I think this is our best 1-6...which tbh is a huge concern

Fordy20 likes this.
  8. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

1. JAC/Mbye --> I'd like Mbye off the bench and move him on next year.
    2. Nofo
    3. BJ
    4. Talau
    5. AJ
    6. Douiehi --> Reynolds isn't a first grader but we gain his high dollar contract back the following year.
    7. Brooks

If we get that backline it's going to be the most inconsistent backline in the comp. I have no confidence in that backline and defensively there are holes all over it. In stating that every one of those players is a threat with the ball. Maybe it's a wooden spooner backline but if our forwards go forward there is heaps of upside to that backline.

9. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Id like to try Talau at fullback once he fills out a bit.

10. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Wouldn’t Nofo be a potential star at fullback if there’s a gap there ..better than anyone else that’s current..prob N/A with JAC? He’s got all the skills - a high quality long pass, a great improvised kick when needed, speed, elusive....Mbye at centre at least he can pass ok, Talau on the wing with his knack for scoring tries in the corner..I think Nofos running skills could open things up more at fullback rather than wing where he’s always running into walls - just until something better comes along

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Choiboi likes this.
  11. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

He did okay in the weeks game aye when AD was forced into 5/8

WA Tiger likes this.
  12. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Congratulations to Harry Grant, named in Wayne Bennett's Qld State Of Origin squad.

Fordy20, macnaz, gordsy and 2 others like this.
  13. super_coach

super_coach Bench

Full back needs lighting speed, Talau has size but lacks that extra gear. I think Talau will have another season or two in the backs before finding a home in the backrow

macnaz and Tiger05 like this.
  14. benched tiger

benched tiger Bench

Our lack of quality depth is a concern in the back line, when injuries,poor form or suspension arise we will be found wanting again.

15. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

He's in the "Wayne's World soon to be Bronco" bubble now without a fellow Wests Tiger in sight....no doubt he'll be made to feel quite at home and very welcome up there if he finds himself looking for a place to stay

16. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

2 more sleeps and the pain, worry, exhilaration, jubilation & shock horror will be over and we will see what the club has done.

Hopefully they have done something.

17. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

macnaz likes this.
  18. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

Does anyone know how good these development players are ? We need some quality coming through.

19. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

Kei is pretty highly rated. I dont know anything about the other bloke but getting someone from the Storm system is never a bad thing

Fordy20, Tigerm and Tiger05 like this.
  20. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Well tomorrow is supposed to be the big day, I hope we have a surprise or two coming.