What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

andrew9148

Juniors
James Gavet, up and coming prop contracted to Warriors 2010/11, may be joining Tigers in 2012! He made NSW Cup squad this year but with the current propping stock of Packer, Matulino, Rapira and Lillyman it's unlikely he'll see much, if any, 1st grade game time. Hard to displace a Kiwi/SOO rotation.

Tigers and Dogs are chasing his signature.

PL

Gavet is a dog.

Jason schirnack is playing for Mackay

Das Hassler

Bench
Coming here to prove Matt Parish wrong..mmm...oh well at worst he'll go back a better player like the vastly improved backrower who just went back to the UK (*who's name has unfortunately already slipped my mind)
Speaking of proving people wrong...going back a page a two of this thread i think it's fair to say that Ryan has well and trully proved a few people wrong about what he will ever amount to...i remember Pat Richard's first season at the tigers..i don't think i've ever groaned as much in my life while wondering what Sheens ever saw in him... very happy to have been proven dead wrong. Can't ever underestimate the miraculous power of determination

edit/add....* Mark Flanagan ...no disrespect meant..just couldn't recall the name. He is a good honest player, reminded me a bit of Corey Payne..wish him well in the SL

Last edited:

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Tigers have signed this massive unit from Newtown. He's a prop, i can't remember his name but i was told they are getting him to lose some weight.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently theres a rumor saying we've signed BJ Leilua from the Roosters for next season

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dare say he's Lote's replacement.

Not a bad signing if true, he'd be on the cheap, gives us room to chase a quality forward and a halfback still.

I dare say he's Lote's replacement.

Not a bad signing if true, he'd be on the cheap, gives us room to chase a quality forward and a halfback still.

That may be true, but what off contract player aren't we connected to these days? Every player off contract is linked to us, the Roosters or the Bulldogs.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Apparently theres a rumor saying we've signed BJ Leilua from the Roosters for next season

info I looked at said he was a centre come backrower. So hard to consider as a direct replacement for Tuqiri. Unless of course there will be a huge reshuffle of backline...............

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
info I looked at said he was a centre come backrower. So hard to consider as a direct replacement for Tuqiri. Unless of course there will be a huge reshuffle of backline...............
Played most of his career as a winger, thats why I figured he might replace tuqiri.

So we've just signed essentially another Ayshford?

brilliant! [/sarcasm]

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Roosters website has him listed in order as centre, second row and wing. So, very much a utility. Nice if he could kick a few goals too..................

Radical Rat

Juniors
Played most of his career as a winger, thats why I figured he might replace tuqiri.

So we've just signed essentially another Ayshford?

brilliant! [/sarcasm]

He's not a bad player at all. IMO he's exactly the type of centre we need. He's twice the palyer Ayshford is. And on this years form, is ahead of Lawrence.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like thats been poo=poo'd

Roosters have announced they've resigned Leuilua