What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers ripped off

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I really can't be bothered reading through 7 pages of this, so forgive me if it's already been mentioned. All you have to do is go back 2 weeks to the Manly game. There were about 3 threads immediately after the game seriously questioning the decisions that went against the Broncos.

That day Brisbane had 3 tries against them that I would of been happy to see everyone called NO TRY. I dont think brisbane get any special treatment. They got the calls last night, but theres been far far far worse this year.

otori

Juniors
I will see you a ben Ikin and raise you a Laurie Spina. Spina makes Ikin sound like a genius. If you haven't heard Spina do yourself a favour and the next time the cows play at home slip your dial over to the ABC. You will be left awestuck by the gash that is Laurie Spina's commentary.

Will I pick it up on 612 in Brisbane? I've gotta say that Luke Davico on KOFM is pretty bad for the Knights games I listen to online when I can't get to Foxtel TV.

the fact that 50 percent of people agree with the ref's call and 50 percent do not seems to show that no matter what call they make they will be criticised. grow up and take the loss. your team played well and you should be looking at the positives out of the game.

well if your happy with refs deciding games than good for you :crazy:

youngun

Juniors
What a crock of sh!t (sorry Super Coach I usually love your work) this thread is, and I am a die hard Tigers fan!!!

There are bad calls week in and week out in League and a reasonable person would conclude that it is fact a part of the game, much like bad LBW calls in cricket, you may not like all the calls against them but in the big scheme of things they all work out.

No way can the Tigers blame the ref for not putting the Broncos away last night. We had plenty of ball in fantastic attacking position, defended well apart from a couple of bad misses, had a couple of unlucky bounces and apart from the scoreboard I really believe we won the game.

Sure Benji got sin binned at probably the worst time for us but we dug in and lifted as a team without a rudder. The fact that we were in a position to win the game and didnt is an indication of poor execution not poor refereeing!!

Danish

Referee
vs Manly two weeks ago.

What were the problems there?? Lyon grounding the ball with his toreso or him outleaping winterstein??

I'm talking about absolute clangers, not technically correct decisions.

for the life of me I cannot remember a clanger costing a game going against the Broncos

miccle

Bench
What were the problems there?? Lyon grounding the ball with his toreso or him outleaping winterstein??

I'm talking about absolute clangers, not technically correct decisions.

for the life of me I cannot remember a clanger costing a game going against the Broncos

Me either. But, then again, I've only seen one in the past 5+ years.

There wasn't one last night, and the only one I can remember recently was the Dogs/Dragons game last week.

miccle

Bench
FTR, penalties conceded count for Brisbane this year (our count first):

Round 11 - 9-9 (def. Wests)
Round 10 - 8-6 (def. Titans)
Round 9 - 6-4 (lost to Manly)
Round 8 - 8-7 (lost to Newcastle)
Round 7 - 7-7 (def. Parra)
Round 6 - 5-7 (def. Panthers)
Round 5 - 4-5 (def. Roosters)
Round 4 - 5-8 (lost to Dragons)
Round 3 - 9-7 (def. Warriors)
Round 2 - 10-8 (def. Storm)
Round 1 - 6-11 (def. Cowboys)

So we've lost the penalty count four times, it's been even twice and we've won the penalty count five times. Hmm, total conspiracy there. Two of our three losses have come when we've been on the wrong end of the count, showing a good team can overcome.

And lol @ the Cowboys count. Absolutely caned and we still got over the line, just. For the sake of interest (and boredom), i think I count our overall penalty count, throughout all games this year, to be at 77-77. If it's a conspiracy to get us to win, then it seems the refs are doing a very bad job in yet another aspect of the game...

Iafeta

Referee
it was a f**ken disgraceful perfomance from the referees...

jarred maxwell can count himself lucky that he lives in australia and was only tackled by a fan and not shot

the 1st brisbane try passed 3-4 metres forward but im willing to let that go as lauries pass was also a bit suspect.

the no try to moltzen was an absolute farce.. no one can positively say that the ball went forward. at worst it went straight down, which equals play on doesnt it

sending a player from either team was obviously going to decide the match. a penalty was harsh enough. i still cant see evidence that he actually stripped the ball?

the sin bin should be saved for actual serious offences!!

The sin bin should also be used for consistent infringements or deliberate infringements to slow down a team's momentum. The Tigers had been warned and continued and thus Marshall was rightly sin binned. There was also absolutely no question whatsoever that he stripped it.

The only decision that I really disagreed with last night (as did ALL the commentators) was the Skandalis strip being called a knock on.

The ball went out of the arms of the Broncos player and clearly travelled TOWARDS the Tigers goal line. Yes Skandalis raked it out - but it went BACKWARDS. The video ref watched the replay over and over again and then decided the ball travelled in the opposite direction to that which it travelled and disallowed the try.

I was completely and utterly stunned.

It seemed the decision had more to do with keeping the game close for ratings sake than actually deciding what was correct.

It was a clear try and in the end it cost the Tigers the game.

That was a try, but Simpkins has always been a doubtful starter. The worst refereeing decision I've ever seen was his when he sent Wade McKinnon off at Campbelltown in 2007 for an alleged phantom knee to the head. Simpkins is a law unto himself.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Will I pick it up on 612 in Brisbane? I've gotta say that Luke Davico on KOFM is pretty bad for the Knights games I listen to online when I can't get to Foxtel TV.

Yes you will be able to hear Laurie Spina in Brisbane.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
We missed both kicks, so it's 8 points.

The first one was a try, so we got an unfair 4 points, supposedly.

But then they took away the obvious Moltzen try, which was near the sticks so it's -2 points, meaning 20-20.

Then the f**king blatant 5 meter foward pass from Hunt to Winterstein = 20-16.

God you are dense.

The very definition of irony right there.

Hunt's pass was fine. Laurie's pass was clearly forward. Even Voss picked it up. But I guess you don't want to talk about that one huh?

The very definition of irony right there.

Hunt's pass was fine. Laurie's pass was clearly forward. Even Voss picked it up. But I guess you don't want to talk about that one huh?

The very definition of genius right here.

I did acknowledge it, and took it away from our total. Deadset idiot.

And people can call me one eyed. :crazy:

I didn't see Tigers' fans crying foul when Marshall kicked Pearce in the back of the head and were awarded the penalty which changed the game when they scored next and went on to win.

But, we Roosters fans have been telling you guys for years that Maxwell and Cummins are utter dog sh*t.

Round 5 - 4-5 (def. Roosters)

Are you kidding? We had two or three penalties on the first tackle inside of our own 20. We might aswell not have been awarded any penalties that night.

Last edited:

mepelthwack

Juniors
Tigers fans (me included) are annoyed at losing the last 3 games to a combined total of -5 points and frustration is boiling over. Some fans not expressing themselves in the best fashion.

Having said that, it looked to me like the bigger calls went against the Tigers.

BOTD is supposed to favor the attacking team. Nobody can argue this. With that in mind Moltzen's try should have been awareded just before half-time. If they'd changed BOTD to the defence then it was rightly no try but it should of been given the way the interpretation is now.

Just before Teo scored early in the 2nd half Moltzen was pulled down by a Broncos attacker with ball and yet the Broncos were awarded the penalty. Crucial refs error which effectively caused a 12 point turnaround in minutes (either side of half-time).

Benjis sin-binning was questionable. I mean last year that incident would have been looked at by the video ref and to me at least on video it was inconclusive, yet the ref was happy to bin him immediately, from the other side of the tackle, some 3 players blocking his direct view of Marshall.

This about the 5th straight Broncos penalty that half with the Tigers receiving none up to that point. I didn't see the Broncos being the untouchable angels the refs were at that point so all in all it seemed a little unfair in the circumstances.

I don't think any fair minded fan would be very happy with any of these circumstances had it been their side on the receiving end. I also don't think Tigers fans in general are whingers. At least not compared to a few others teams supporters.

Last edited:

Ladmate

Bench
Tigers fans (me included) are annoyed at losing the last 3 games to a combined total of -5 points and frustration is boiling over. Some fans not expressing themselves in the best fashion.

Having said that, it looked to me like the bigger calls went against the Tigers.

BOTD is supposed to favor the attacking team. Nobody can argue this. With that in mind Moltzen's try should have been awareded just before half-time. If they'd changed BOTD to the defence then it was rightly no try but it should of been given the way the interpretation is now.

Just before Teo scored early in the 2nd half Moltzen was pulled down by a Broncos attacker with ball and yet the Broncos were awarded the penalty. Crucial refs error which effectively caused a 12 point turnaround in minutes (either side of half-time).

Benjis sin-binning was questionable. I mean last year that incident would have been looked at by the video ref and to me at least on video it was inconclusive, yet the ref was happy to bin him immediately, from the other side of the tackle, some 3 players blocking his direct view of Marshall.

This about the 5th straight Broncos penalty that half with the Tigers receiving none up to that point. I didn't see the Broncos being the untouchable angels the refs were at that point so all in all it seemed a little unfair in the circumstances.

I don't think any fair minded fan would be very happy with any of these circumstances had it been their side on the receiving end. I also don't think Tigers fans in general are whingers. At least not compared to a few others teams supporters.

Agree.

I think Brisbane fans would whinge if the score was 20-18 our way and they sin-binned Peter Wallace, disallowed a try to Karmichael Hunt that looked legitimate, gave 5 dubious penalties straight to the Tigers.

Latest posts