What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers ripped off

Big Pete

Referee
Way to miss the point Canadian Eagle...

EDIT: And to make matters worse, the match was two weeks ago you dill!

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I'll go all in.

Laurie mightn't be the most articulate bloke around, but have a go at Peter Mitchell for unbiased commentary.

When does Mr Mitchell commentate ?

I am prepared to listen to him if you are prepared to listen to Mr Spina.

gurudave

Juniors
We missed both kicks, so it's 8 points.

The first one was a try, so we got an unfair 4 points, supposedly.

But then they took away the obvious Moltzen try, which was near the sticks so it's -2 points, meaning 20-20.

Then the f**king blatant 5 meter foward pass from Hunt to Winterstein = 20-16.

God you are dense.

lol. ur funny.

one eyed tiger :crazy:

Shifty

Juniors
When does Mr Mitchell commentate ?

I am prepared to listen to him if you are prepared to listen to Mr Spina.

I've heard plenty of Spina and I'm not disagreeing with you.

Peter Mitchell is part of the same call team, he provides the sideline commentary for the Cowboys games.

miccle

Bench
God you Brisbane fans aside from Pete are complete geniuss.

WTF? Seriously, aside from pointing out the 4m forward pass from Laurie to Ayshford for his try, I've stated that bad calls went both ways and the match was even & we were lucky to get away with the points.

Bad calls happen, it's unfortunate but true. However, aside from the Dogs last weekend, I haven't seen a team genuinely "robbed" for a long, long time. Good teams will overcome one or two bad calls.

All of the calls were basically over and done with after the Marshall sin binning. Which again was unfortunate, but not blatantly wrong, and could've gone either way.

Cue ten minutes to go, and the Tigers enjoying, what, five whole sets attacking our line? We held you out and held you out and held you out. I'd dare suggest the goal-line defence of the Broncos in the last 10 minutes, and the inability of the Tigers to bust through it, decided the match.

But, hey, what would I know? I don't whinge and cry about the refs, so I clearly can't be listened to.

miccle

Bench
I will see you a ben Ikin and raise you a Laurie Spina. Spina makes Ikin sound like a genius. If you haven't heard Spina do yourself a favour and the next time the cows play at home slip your dial over to the ABC. You will be left awestuck by the gash that is Laurie Spina's commentary.

Oh my god, THANK YOU! I've been complaining about Spina for a long, long time. I've actually always wanted to get a recording of some of his work and type it as a transcript. I've got a five-month old at home, and I swear she has better sentence structure than that muppet.

Twigg

Juniors
I just love how everytime brisbane win, some twat has to whinge about it. Yet when we lose a game, our season is over. :roll:

Tigers had heaps of possession towards the end of the game yet didn't come up with the points.

You guys had heaps of chances. You even had that bogan Ikin cheering the Tigers on for the whole game and even started saying Gould quotes ffs.

In my opinion, the team ripped off was Souths.

I wonder if people will whinge that brisbane have a bye next weekend. :roll:

God you Brisbane fans aside from Pete are complete geniuss.

How is John Morris going for you. Lovely bloke isn't he.

A question for Brissy fans, and I am not trying to be a smart arse, but when was the last time there was a dodgy decision that went AGAINST brisbane and caused them to lose a match??

vs Manly two weeks ago.

thommo4pm

Coach
We missed both kicks, so it's 8 points.

The first one was a try, so we got an unfair 4 points, supposedly.

But then they took away the obvious Moltzen try, which was near the sticks so it's -2 points, meaning 20-20.

Then the f**king blatant 5 meter foward pass from Hunt to Winterstein = 20-16.

God you are dense.

In your opinion, I thought it was a knock on, as did the video ref....and there are other who also believe it to be a knock on.

That decision not to award a try just before half time was wrong and so vital to the outcome of the came. Why was the ref making that call and not the viseo ref?

The ball clearly did not go forward or at least benefit given

The decision to send Marshall off was wrong and was a massive, massive call

These aren't decisions made on the run and should not be made lightly.

Forward passes, knock ons ruck infringements are 50/50 and can be tolerated

im very worried atm about the state of the game with the refs,its not just in tonights game but it seems every week
the players should be decideing the games not the ref

sando88

Not a Moderator
it was a f**ken disgraceful perfomance from the referees...

jarred maxwell can count himself lucky that he lives in australia and was only tackled by a fan and not shot

the 1st brisbane try passed 3-4 metres forward but im willing to let that go as lauries pass was also a bit suspect.

the no try to moltzen was an absolute farce.. no one can positively say that the ball went forward. at worst it went straight down, which equals play on doesnt it

sending a player from either team was obviously going to decide the match. a penalty was harsh enough. i still cant see evidence that he actually stripped the ball?

the sin bin should be saved for actual serious offences!!

gurudave

Juniors
im very worried atm about the state of the game with the refs,its not just in tonights game but it seems every week
the players should be decideing the games not the ref

the fact that 50 percent of people agree with the ref's call and 50 percent do not seems to show that no matter what call they make they will be criticised. grow up and take the loss. your team played well and you should be looking at the positives out of the game.

Lambretta

First Grade
The only decision that I really disagreed with last night (as did ALL the commentators) was the Skandalis strip being called a knock on.

The ball went out of the arms of the Broncos player and clearly travelled TOWARDS the Tigers goal line. Yes Skandalis raked it out - but it went BACKWARDS. The video ref watched the replay over and over again and then decided the ball travelled in the opposite direction to that which it travelled and disallowed the try.

I was completely and utterly stunned.

It seemed the decision had more to do with keeping the game close for ratings sake than actually deciding what was correct.

It was a clear try and in the end it cost the Tigers the game.

miccle

Bench
sending a player from either team was obviously going to decide the match. a penalty was harsh enough. i still cant see evidence that he actually stripped the ball?

the sin bin should be saved for actual serious offences!!

No evidence that he stripped the ball? Watch a replay, seriously. It was clear as day.

Serious offences = sent off.

Sin bin = professional fouls, or repeated infringements. Five-odd straight penalties with warnings that someone will be marched after each one = justified. The only difference last night is that the ref actually went through with it. For the past five years, we've seen similar warnings with absolutely nothing coming from it. Agreed, it is definitely not uniform but I for one am okay with refs actually following through with their word, even if this comes back to bite brisbane on the arse in the coming weeks.

I've said it before this year and I'll say it again, Brisbane's weak link this year is the ruck. Control the ruck and you'll beat Brisbane. Every time a team beats us or gets close it's because they've stayed on the tackled player a bit longer than they should have, or have used other smart techniques to stop our momentum. The teams that have done this well have really skirted on the line of a mountain of penalties, and when we've been beaten they've done it to perfection. The Dragons, Manly and Newcastle were sensational in their victories over us with how they dominated the ruck and played smart, field position football. The Titans were awesome at it for 60 minutes last week, but just couldn't finish the job.

The Tigs just went a bit too far last night, and paid the price for breaking the rules rather than simply gaining control of the ruck.

Ghoulies

Bench
While I think all penalties awarded against the tigers were indeed correct, it certainly seemed like they were getting pulled up for stuff that brisbane weren't tonight.

A question for Brissy fans, and I am not trying to be a smart arse, but when was the last time there was a dodgy decision that went AGAINST brisbane and caused them to lose a match??

I can think of times when every other team in the comp has had a sh*tty decision one way or the other which has cost them a game in the past season or 2, but for the life of me I can't think of anything that has gone against the Broncos. There are certainly a few examples that fell in their favour though...
I really can't be bothered reading through 7 pages of this, so forgive me if it's already been mentioned. All you have to do is go back 2 weeks to the Manly game. There were about 3 threads immediately after the game seriously questioning the decisions that went against the Broncos.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Tigers got the wrong end of the stick but face it , 1 team does in every match you play.

The no try on halftime was a try (The same thing happened in the tigers souths game last week with 5 minutes to go and it was called play on). In saying that the Ashford try I think was forward even though they never had a good replay to have a look.

As for the sin binning, well even with warnings I think its ridiculous. It was first tackle in there own 25m. Nothing doing...a penalty is sufficient enough.