What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers ripped off

Big Pete

Referee
With the benefit of hindsight we certainly had enough chances to win the game, particularly during the last 10 minutes, however weren't good enough.

The ref didn't decide the outcome, although with such a depleted side, we were reliant upon a few key decisions going our way although it didn't transpire as such. On the other week, last week we had a charmed run with the refs + earlier in the season were the beneficiary of some lucky calls against Canberra + Newcastle. It all evens out.

BTW Big Pete I admire the thoroughness of your analysis but its as subjective as anything we're saying. Its impossible to assess the refs' performances with any impartiality.

I don't believe it's an objective assessment but in todays Rugby League climate it's difficult to make an objective assessment given the rules lead to a number of interpretations.

However what I wanted to highlight was that the Broncos received a number of calls against them that were either costly or weren't picked up.

badav

Bench
A question for Brissy fans, and I am not trying to be a smart arse, but when was the last time there was a dodgy decision that went AGAINST brisbane and caused them to lose a match??

Ahh, 2 weeks ago Jamie Lyon was awarded 2 very questionable tries that made all the difference on the scoreboard. You never watched that game? Dont you remember the try where Lyon fumbled the ball and made no attempt to put it down and it was awarded?

magpie_man

Juniors
whilst i'm not ecstatic with the reffing performance, we had ample opportunity to win the game in the last 10 minutes but weren't good enough - it's that simple.
having said that, i'm proud of the boys, they showed loads of ticker last night. our main problem is j-mo has the attacking potency of a dodo.

Shifty

Juniors
However what I wanted to highlight was that the Broncos received a number of calls against them that were either costly or weren't picked up.

Agreed.

It's still disappointing for the Tigers though as they were already at a disadvantage with injuries, etc before they took the field and did a marvellous job to be as competitive as they were.

Big Pete

Referee
I can understand that Shifty. As I made mention in the Game Thread, the Tigers had more to take out of that game than the Broncos did. Shame you didn't pick up the two points but fortune has a funny way of working out. Aside from some of the "fixing" allegations, I believe every Brisbane fan would wish your side well.

gurudave

Juniors
This thread is horrendous and I'm not going to bother reading through the drivel by Tiger's fans. The referees did an excellent job last night. He warned that the sin bin would be used in the second half if professional fouls didnt stop and had the balls to go through with it which was excellent to see.

The tigers supposed try that went nowhere near touching the ground was the only poor decision all night and that was from the video referee.

The tigers last try was also a forward pass but that wasn't as blatant as the try that didnt touch the ground.

So basically the tigers were gifted 12 points.

Shifty

Juniors
I can understand that Shifty. As I made mention in the Game Thread, the Tigers had more to take out of that game than the Broncos did. Shame you didn't pick up the two points but fortune has a funny way of working out. Aside from some of the "fixing" allegations, I believe every Brisbane fan would wish your side well.

I support the Dogs, I'm not so sure every Brisbane fan would wish my side well. :lol:

I do agree though, it's more about how a side reacts to decisions in the long run.

Meth

Staff member
I saw the final 30 minutes of the game. I didn't mind Marshall being marched- he had fair warning. Whether or not the Broncos deserved to have somebody marched as well, I'm not sure- I missed their previous succession of indiscretions.

Tigers has plenty of chances to win it I feel. It didn't look to me like they were ripped off

otori

Juniors
Gotta agree with the OP saying how annoying Ben Ikin is. If he's not screaming about how every Broncos player is awesome, he's on his knees taking a swift job from Lockyer who he pronounces as the second coming of Christ every time he touchs the ball. The bloke is the worst commentator in the NRL behind no-one IMHO though I'm sure plenty will disagree. At least when someone like Joey does a Knights game he'll give more of an inside tip and talk up players that have been performing well at training. When they ask Ikin he acts all secretive as if the Broncos have found some new space age training that he can't give away. Wanker.

/rant

CanadianEagle

Juniors
The only reason you users can't remember a game where the Broncos were disadvantaged by a referee is because the Brisbane fans on here and in general DON'T blame the referee. We're generally critical of ourselves before we target the referee.

The last game the Broncos were disadvantaged by the referee's was up at Suncorp Stadium against the Manly Sea Eagles.

Last week.. :lol:

I wanted to highlight that the Broncos received a number of calls against them that were either costly or weren't picked up.

:lol:

Ahh, 2 weeks ago Jamie Lyon was awarded 2 very questionable tries that made all the difference on the scoreboard.

Another Bonco's supporter..

The tigers supposed try that went nowhere near touching the ground was the only poor decision all night and that was from the video referee.

The tigers last try was also a forward pass but that wasn't as blatant as the try that didnt touch the ground.

:lol:

This thread is horrendous and I'm not going to bother reading through the drivel by Tiger's fans. The referees did an excellent job last night. He warned that the sin bin would be used in the second half if professional fouls didnt stop and had the balls to go through with it which was excellent to see.

So basically the tigers were gifted 12 points.

We missed both kicks, so it's 8 points.

The first one was a try, so we got an unfair 4 points, supposedly.

But then they took away the obvious Moltzen try, which was near the sticks so it's -2 points, meaning 20-20.

Then the f**king blatant 5 meter foward pass from Hunt to Winterstein = 20-16.

God you are dense.

Shifty

Juniors
You're right Meth, it was only a matter of time before someone went.

The Tigers really missed Marshall when they did have field position late in the game. Morris tried hard, but he really doesn't have the ability to bring a side home on his own.

Even for the conditions, there was far too much one-out running from the Tigers. At least have some support players running through to keep the opposition honest.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Gotta agree with the OP saying how annoying Ben Ikin is. If he's not screaming about how every Broncos player is awesome, he's on his knees taking a swift job from Lockyer who he pronounces as the second coming of Christ every time he touchs the ball. The bloke is the worst commentator in the NRL behind no-one IMHO though I'm sure plenty will disagree. At least when someone like Joey does a Knights game he'll give more of an inside tip and talk up players that have been performing well at training. When they ask Ikin he acts all secretive as if the Broncos have found some new space age training that he can't give away. Wanker.

/rant

I will see you a ben Ikin and raise you a Laurie Spina. Spina makes Ikin sound like a genius. If you haven't heard Spina do yourself a favour and the next time the cows play at home slip your dial over to the ABC. You will be left awestuck by the gash that is Laurie Spina's commentary.

Shifty

Juniors
I will see you a ben Ikin and raise you a Laurie Spina. Spina makes Ikin sound like a genius. If you haven't heard Spina do yourself a favour and the next time the cows play at home slip your dial over to the ABC. You will be left awestuck by the gash that is Laurie Spina's commentary.

I'll go all in.

Laurie mightn't be the most articulate bloke around, but have a go at Peter Mitchell for unbiased commentary.