What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers ripped off

super_coach

First Grade
Right up their with last weeks debacle the tigers were ripped off by the men in pink and their mate in the box.

Every week we keep seeing it, one team getting smashed by the boys in pink and the others enjoying a rails run. To take on the Bronks with a short turn around and minus 5 fgraders was always going to be a near impossible task but to have the boys in pink carry them across the line was a joke.

It seem the under dog now gets shafted week in and week out. It was bad enough having to sit through Ikins one eyed slant on the game without putting up with probably the most one sided referring effort of the year.

This isn't sour grapes, I never expected to be in the game, its just a honest appraisal of another sub standard effort from the people in pink . Its funny the sharks are having the season harpooned by media digging up acts of the past and teams like the tigers are getting harpooned by the pink ladys.

In a word its a joke all any team expects is a fair go

kruzin

Juniors
Excuse me, but ben ikin was barricking for the tigers all night, i couldn't even tell if he was a queenslander or not the filthy dog, as for being ripped off, you has plenty of missed opportunities and poor calls, but so did brisbane, The game evened itself out at every turn, where brisbane got a bad call, you guys got a bad call, and i will say again, the tigers won the game, everywhere except the scoreboard where it counts most.

simmo1

First Grade
Its starting to get embarassing for them now. They can't go a game without f**king up.

Towards the end of the second half where Hunt knocked a ball dead in goal, and the ref goes upstairs to the video ref despite being 2m away from where it happened. How can the fans be expected to have confidence in the refs making the right decisions, when they don't even have the self-confidence to make a call on a play which was right before their eyes?

BD5733

Juniors
In the interview after the game with the ref.....he said he was tackled to the ground...

Is that a figure of speech or more proof that refs have no idea WTF is happening? He was barely knocked off balance.

I'll end this by stating this isn't condoning what the fool did, just a humorous observation of the refs recount of the event being nothing like what actually happened.

super_coach

First Grade
For one minute Iam not saying the tigers didnt have their chances and through what ever inexperience(minus 5 class FGraders) they didnt put the Bronks away, but the really big calls went against them and being the home team you expect to get the rub of the green to go their way or at least a 50 50 shot at the calls. Tonight was rubbish, the word must have been filted down at oranges to the ladys in pink to get the bronks back in the game for the sake of nines rattings in sydney. I cant think of any other reason for such a one sided rubbish effort from the pink ladys

kruzin

Juniors
...The ref got every call right bar the Marshall sin bin.

Not at all, before half time, he was warned anymore penalties and you'll have action then they come out and have 5 within 24 minutes, i thought it shoulda being used for 2 of those 5 penalties myself. and same for the broncos at least 2 shoulda being sent off to.

hellteam

First Grade
Tigers fans are definitely the biggest sooks.

Keep the bitching and moaning to your own forum. Don't you have some Sheens/Morris bashing to do?

Geez you'd think you'd be used to losing by now.

Danish

Referee
While I think all penalties awarded against the tigers were indeed correct, it certainly seemed like they were getting pulled up for stuff that brisbane weren't tonight.

A question for Brissy fans, and I am not trying to be a smart arse, but when was the last time there was a dodgy decision that went AGAINST brisbane and caused them to lose a match??

I can think of times when every other team in the comp has had a sh*tty decision one way or the other which has cost them a game in the past season or 2, but for the life of me I can't think of anything that has gone against the Broncos. There are certainly a few examples that fell in their favour though...

While I think all penalties awarded against the tigers were indeed correct, it certainly seemed like they were getting pulled up for stuff that brisbane weren't tonight.

A question for Brissy fans, and I am not trying to be a smart arse, but when was the last time there was a dodgy decision that went AGAINST brisbane and caused them to lose a match??

I can think of times when every other team in the comp has had a sh*tty decision one way or the other which has cost them a game in the past season or 2, but for the life of me I can't think of anything that has gone against the Broncos. There are certainly a few examples that fell in their favour though...

Mate I was thinking exactly the same thing.

You'd be hard pressed finding an example since 1988.

Having said that, good teams make their own luck.

OVP

Coach
Try being a Roosters fan. At least you people with decent teams can see your team last longer than the 5 minutes it takes to penalise Easts out of the game. It's like having a tooth pulled, week after week. The busiest period of ANY Roosters match it the first 5 minutes. Thats all it takes ... :(

kruzin

Juniors

Making Corey Parker the Goal Kicker, Contributed to us losing against manly, and the dragons...

:lol: sorry i had to say that :lol:

tiger_nick

Bench
the tigers had their chances. the 50/50s went against us however if we were good enough we would have won.

a few that really baffled me:

* paytens 'high shot' (israel has been to jarrod haynes school of diving btw) deadset is this what the game is coming to? he barley touched him!

* how skando played at the ball for moltzens no try is beyond me

* marshall being sin binned for the tigers being penalised 5 in a row. brisbane had been penalised the previous 4 before that, then the next 3! no binning for them

* early in the first half teo had a massive swinging arm on payne that connected, wasnt even penalised. considering these two's past it was obviously intential, can't believe it wasn't picked up.

like i said i'm not blaming the ref for the loss, but those calls had me really scratching my head.

CanadianEagle

Juniors
Excuse me, but ben ikin was barricking for the tigers all night, i couldn't even tell if he was a queenslander or not the filthy dog.

Who gives a fu*ck who Ben Ikin, or any commentator is barracking for, for that matter..
The problem is simple.. The Men in Pink determine the outcome of matches as much as the players on the field.

kruzin

Juniors
Who gives a fu*ck who Ben Ikin, or any commentator is barracking for, for that matter..
The problem is simple.. The Men in Pink determine the outcome of matches as much as the players on the field.

I never said it did matter, he said ben ikins calls as if to say he was barracking for the broncos all night, which infact was the complete oppisite.