What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers ripped off

We don't need to go OTT on the decisions, Pete. Just the one - Laurie's pass for that last try went forward by a fair, fair margin. He passed it just over the 10m line, and the receiver caught it no more than five metres out.

Teams were pretty even last night, both teams got bad calls, and the Broncos held on to jag a good win.

Seriously, "ripped off"? Watch Laurie's pass once more on replay and tell me that you weren't lucky to have that try awarded. I dare ya.

I'm certain that the final pass for Brisbane's first try was passed behind the 10m line and caught about a metre over it. I suppose that was a case of the ball floating forward?

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
If the tigers had more money they could be buying all the refs hookers and blow like the Broncos do. They need to go get some more sponsors.

thommo4pm

Coach
Deadset. :lol:

The only reason you users can't remember a game where the Broncos were disadvantaged by a referee is because the Brisbane fans on here and in general DON'T blame the referee. We're generally critical of ourselves before we target the referee.

The last game the Broncos were disadvantaged by the referee's was up at Suncorp Stadium against the Manly Sea Eagles. There were a number of questionable calls that lead to a lot of discussion BUT Brisbane fans were humble enough to admit they were beaten off the back of a brilliant performance by Jamie Lyon.

I can understand the Tigers bitterness. Third consecutive close loss and they played some determined footy tonight but in the end, they had their chances but they weren't good enough to take them, simple really.

I have to admit I agree 100% with this comment.

thommo4pm

Coach
I don't think the Tigers fans have reason to complain.
It was a gutsy effort by the Tigers given the players out they had.

However, I'm not convinced Tuiaki ever got the ball down for his try.
And Dane Laurie's pass was about 4m forward for the Tigers last try.

Heighnington should not have got a penalty in the 1st half when he was trying to play the ball.
How Teo was called for a strip was beyond me.
Heighnington was too concerned with trying to shove Teo and lost the ball cold.

The Tigers had enough ball on Brisnae's line in the last 5 minutes to snatch a victory but couldn't do it.
All in all it was a good game of footy, and pretty gutsy by both sides in the horrible conditions.

chunk

Juniors
That decision not to award a try just before half time was wrong and so vital to the outcome of the came. Why was the ref making that call and not the viseo ref?

The ball clearly did not go forward or at least benefit given

The decision to send Marshall off was wrong and was a massive, massive call

These aren't decisions made on the run and should not be made lightly.

Forward passes, knock ons ruck infringements are 50/50 and can be tolerated

Will De Ness

Juniors
With respect to the broncos does anyone else not see a conflict of interest.
News Limited and its directors are charged with maximising profit for the News Ltd group
News Limited comprises half the NRL Board
The NRL board make key appointments within the game of rugby league
News Ltd prospers (FACT) from having a successful Brisbane side bearing in mind they are shareholders in the broncos and the more merchandise, bums on seats, TV appearances etc etc the broncos have the more News Ltd makes

The more the Broncos win the better for News Ltd.

Last night was a joke. The try the broncos scored after half time was on the back of a penalty against moltzen when the broncos player in possession grabbed his jumper and pulled him back down. Take a look

8Ball

First Grade
With respect to the broncos does anyone else not see a conflict of interest.
News Limited and its directors are charged with maximising profit for the News Ltd group
News Limited comprises half the NRL Board
The NRL board make key appointments within the game of rugby league
News Ltd prospers (FACT) from having a successful Brisbane side bearing in mind they are shareholders in the broncos and the more merchandise, bums on seats, TV appearances etc etc the broncos have the more News Ltd makes

The more the Broncos win the better for News Ltd.

Last night was a joke. The try the broncos scored after half time was on the back of a penalty against moltzen when the broncos player in possession grabbed his jumper and pulled him back down. Take a look

I can understand questioning of decisions and perhaps suggesting you were hard done by, but to suggest that a higher up authority was involved is idiotic.

We were never going to win, the Broncos just have the good calls go their way and we'll have to put up with it.

Every game St George, Melbourne, Brisbane and a few other teams play in, the penalty count and refs are always on their side. The men in pink decide the game.

JW

Coach
tin-foil-hat.jpg

thommo4pm

Coach
We were never going to win, the Broncos just have the good calls go their way and we'll have to put up with it.

Every game St George, Melbourne, Brisbane and a few other teams play in, the penalty count and refs are always on their side. The men in pink decide the game.

Yeah cause the Dragons have won so many penalty counts this year? :crazy:

Shifty

Juniors
IMO there were three big calls that really impacted on the Tigers.

I didn't agree with the call that Skando knocked on just before half-time, there was some doubt there, but it looked to go straight down at worst. That would have given the Tigers a handy buffer going into the sheds.

The Broncos also got lucky with some questionable calls that led directly to them getting possession and field position for their try just after half-time. Combined with the no-try before half time, these two calls totally changed the game.

The decision to send Marshall was harsh, given that the Broncos were the ones who drew the warning for repeated infringements in the first half and were probably more deserving of having a player in the bin.

In saying all this, the biggest reason Brisbane don't seem to lose matches to bad calls is the way they respond to them. They move on straight away and often come up with a big play straight after.

It is a credit to the Tigers that the scoreline was so close at the end.

thommo4pm

Coach
IMO there were three big calls that really impacted on the Tigers.

I didn't agree with the call that Skando knocked on just before half-time, there was some doubt there, but it looked to go straight down at worst. That would have given the Tigers a handy buffer going into the sheds.

The Broncos also got lucky with some questionable calls that led directly to them getting possession and field position for their try just after half-time. Combined with the no-try before half time, these two calls totally changed the game.

The decision to send Marshall was harsh, given that the Broncos were the ones who drew the warning for repeated infringements in the first half and were probably more deserving of having a player in the bin.

In saying all this, the biggest reason Brisbane don't seem to lose matches to bad calls is the way they respond to them. They move on straight away and often come up with a big play straight after.

It is a credit to the Tigers that the scoreline was so close at the end.

You do realise the Tigers had conceded 4 straight penalties before Marshall was binned in the second half?

chunk

Juniors
You do realise the Tigers had conceded 4 straight penalties before Marshall was binned in the second half?

Which were all 50/50 calls, this should not give this goose a mandate to send someone to the bin.

If they were obvious penalties then maybe.

Shifty

Juniors

Yep and given that 10 in the bin is the flavour of the month that wouldn't have seemed too out of place, but the Broncos were probably worse with their infringements in the first half. For consistency with other games and what happened to Marshall, the Broncos should have had a player sent for ten towards the end of the first half instead of just a warning.

8Ball

First Grade
No no, don't be silly. The broncos have never had one decision go against them. :sarcasm:

Shifty

Juniors
No no, don't be silly. The broncos have never had one decision go against them. :sarcasm:

Except for signing Cory Parker, naming Cory Parker in the side, letting Cory Parker take the conversiong attempts...:lol: