What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers salary cap?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd love to have a year where opposition supporters question how my club is staying under the salary cap. As it stands now... the only reason to question the Panthers is wondering what they're doing with the rest of the money.

Panthers losses:
Petero Civoniceva ~$400k a season
Trent Waterhouse ~$250k a season
Matt Bell ~$150k a season
Timana Tahu - $55k a season (thanks to when we picked him up)
Shane Elford - $55k a season
Adrian Purtell - $55k a season (probably alot more, but he certainly wasn't worth more then minimum wage)
Joseph Paulo - $55k a season

Undervaluing them that's still just over 1 mill of the salary cap gone. I could easily see it being closer to 1.2 mill, especially when Gus was shocked at how much most of these blokes were earning.

We then take that money and all we get in return is:

Junior Vai Vai (even though we had him on the books at the same time as the above)
Geoff Daniela
Clint Newton
Chris Armit
Cameron Ciraldo
Danny Galea
Ryan Simpkins
Etu Uaisele
Junior Tia Kilifi

Personally I don't think a single one of those players should have been able to demand more then $100k a season. Honestly most of them should be lucky to be on minimum wage and as part of the first grade squad. JTK, Vai Vai and Daniela are all young enough and talented enough to possibly realise their potential and be worth more. But at the moment they're going to struggle for a run in first grade and shouldn't be on more then $55k a season with incentives.

I'm sure there's a lot more gains and losses then these. But they were the only ones that NRL.com had and the Panthers refuse to release any information on the squad.

Clint Newton was on 100k pounds so reckon he would be on at least as much as HKR didn;t want to lose him.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Tigers over the cap? Seriously?

Looks like Tonearm has found another feather dusters fan to share in his general dickheadery.

Bench
Tigers over the cap? Seriously?

Looks like Tonearm has found another feather dusters fan to share in his general dickheadery.
A Rooster supporter claiming the WestsTigers are cheating,irony in its purest form,lucky all Rooster supporters are not like him.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
A Rooster supporter claiming the WestsTigers are cheating,irony in its purest form,lucky all Rooster supporters are not like him.

These two do form a good portion of the Roosters supporter base though.

I'd say around 40%.

Thats a fair percentage of like minded opinion amongst the Roosters massive following.

Fordy20

Juniors
Great - another thread of vague accusations against the Tigers.
Here's what I've learned - whinging, miserable, granny types hate the Tigers.

Get used to it. Ever since Phil Gould started splooshing all over the Tigers, I've noticed a sharp increase in the numbers of people who hate the Tigers. I particularly feel sorry for Keith Galloway.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
For years I used to look at teams like the Broncos, Roosters, Bulldogs etc. and then look at our roster and think "how the f**k can they be under the cap".

Great to see that we can too.

Politis

Juniors
Your Premiership trophy has been gathering dust on it longer than ours :lol: :lol:

The bigger question is your top 8 prediction.
LOL@rosco, fans who like success follow the chooks. 2000 GF, 02 PRMRS, 03 GF, 04 GF, 2010 GF,Thats five apperiences in the past decade, hahahaha.The Tigpies 05 PRMRS, SFA since, GO Tigpies!

Politis

Juniors
Get used to it. Ever since Phil Gould started splooshing all over the Tigers, I've noticed a sharp increase in the numbers of people who hate the Tigers. I particularly feel sorry for Keith Galloway.
Keithy would have a better chance at success back at the Sharks..

Jud

Juniors
LOL@rosco, fans who like success follow the chooks. 2000 GF, 02 PRMRS, 03 GF, 04 GF, 2010 GF,Thats five apperiences in the past decade, hahahaha.The Tigpies 05 PRMRS, SFA since, GO Tigpies!

Yeah but you've got Brian Smith. Get used to peaking at runners up at best.