What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers salary cap?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I fail to see the problem here? Dwyer will get his salary but he won't play this year so it won't count towards the cap afaik?

yeah it will. when the sharks had johnny mannah and he had to sit out due to cancer and treatment apparently the sharks had to count him under the cap and were told the only way he wouldn't be counted was if they cut him - this by the way is a shit system, so i imagine dwyer will also get counted unless they "cut" him or he "retires" p.s. any updates on him?

Dunno what Blair's getting but he wouldnt be heading to the tigers for peanuts

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And if some muppet on an internet forum says your not paying 500k then that must be true as well!

countp.png

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuqiri, Ellis, Marshall, Farah were all on 400k that I was aware of.
Blair 450k
Lawrence 300k, Heighington on 250 odd, Galloway 200-250k, Ayshford on 150k.

Gibbs had signed on for 300k a year, fifita wouldn't have been on much, Payten was on 200k a year at least, Flanagan, Cayless, Lui, Tuiaki combined would come to around 300k.

Given who the Tigers have bought and how much they've let go, they'll be at the cap roof now.

And if some muppet on an internet forum says your not paying 500k then that must be true as well!

The papers were saying "A deal RUMORED to be worth 500k a year. Hardly worth taking as gospel. If every player got paid as much as the papers claimed they were being paid pretty much every club would be over the cap.

yeah it will. when the sharks had johnny mannah and he had to sit out due to cancer and treatment apparently the sharks had to count him under the cap and were told the only way he wouldn't be counted was if they cut him - this by the way is a shit system, so i imagine dwyer will also get counted unless they "cut" him or he "retires" p.s. any updates on him?

Dunno what Blair's getting but he wouldnt be heading to the tigers for peanuts

Last update on him in the Dwyer thread from the WT forum

SIMON Dwyer is experiencing unexpected movement in his arm after his shoulder surgery. Why you ask? Doctors took nerve grafts from his diaphragm last week and placed them in his shoulder. Because his brain is still trained to twitch the diaphragm nerves when he breathes deeply, his arms moves. Dwyer's manager Gavin Orr told us about the bizarre - yet perfectly normal - after-effects of the surgery. The Wests Tigers backrower will be bed-ridden for the next six weeks and wait up to 15 months for movement back in his arm.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ss-with-emmalene/story-e6freye0-1226185123197

That was a week and a half ago.

cb4

First Grade
Chisholm, Humble, Bell, Blair, Reddy are in
Lui, Payten, Fifita, Gibbs, Tuiaki, Dwyer, Jason Cayless are out

I fail to see the problem here? Dwyer will get his salary but he won't play this year so it won't count towards the cap afaik? Lui, Payten and Gibbs would have been on a fair chunk too.

That is incorrect.

When Jon Mannah had cancer we were advised to cut him, or he stays on the books.

If Dwyer stays on the books, he will count towards the cap.

Politis

Juniors
If anyone actually believes Blair is being paid 500K they are a f**king idiot.

Stop reading the Telegraph.
Try; zero tackle.com everything you need to about league. Blair is on 500k pa the tigers are the Idiots, he's worth half that.

meltiger

First Grade
Dwyer should be counted under the cap - Ob field injury

That Cronulla example however is rank stupidity from the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
I'd love to have a year where opposition supporters question how my club is staying under the salary cap. As it stands now... the only reason to question the Panthers is wondering what they're doing with the rest of the money.

Panthers losses:
Petero Civoniceva ~$400k a season
Trent Waterhouse ~$250k a season
Matt Bell ~$150k a season
Timana Tahu - $55k a season (thanks to when we picked him up)
Shane Elford - $55k a season
Adrian Purtell - $55k a season (probably alot more, but he certainly wasn't worth more then minimum wage)
Joseph Paulo - $55k a season

Undervaluing them that's still just over 1 mill of the salary cap gone. I could easily see it being closer to 1.2 mill, especially when Gus was shocked at how much most of these blokes were earning.

We then take that money and all we get in return is:

Junior Vai Vai (even though we had him on the books at the same time as the above)
Geoff Daniela
Clint Newton
Chris Armit
Cameron Ciraldo
Danny Galea
Ryan Simpkins
Etu Uaisele
Junior Tia Kilifi

Personally I don't think a single one of those players should have been able to demand more then $100k a season. Honestly most of them should be lucky to be on minimum wage and as part of the first grade squad. JTK, Vai Vai and Daniela are all young enough and talented enough to possibly realise their potential and be worth more. But at the moment they're going to struggle for a run in first grade and shouldn't be on more then $55k a season with incentives.

I'm sure there's a lot more gains and losses then these. But they were the only ones that NRL.com had and the Panthers refuse to release any information on the squad.