What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers salary cap?

Politis

Juniors
I'd love to have a year where opposition supporters question how my club is staying under the salary cap. As it stands now... the only reason to question the Panthers is wondering what they're doing with the rest of the money.

Panthers losses:
Petero Civoniceva ~$400k a season
Trent Waterhouse ~$250k a season
Matt Bell ~$150k a season
Timana Tahu - $55k a season (thanks to when we picked him up)
Shane Elford - $55k a season
Adrian Purtell - $55k a season (probably alot more, but he certainly wasn't worth more then minimum wage)
Joseph Paulo - $55k a season

Undervaluing them that's still just over 1 mill of the salary cap gone. I could easily see it being closer to 1.2 mill, especially when Gus was shocked at how much most of these blokes were earning.

We then take that money and all we get in return is:

Junior Vai Vai (even though we had him on the books at the same time as the above)
Geoff Daniela
Clint Newton
Chris Armit
Cameron Ciraldo
Danny Galea
Ryan Simpkins
Etu Uaisele
Junior Tia Kilifi

Personally I don't think a single one of those players should have been able to demand more then $100k a season. Honestly most of them should be lucky to be on minimum wage and as part of the first grade squad. JTK, Vai Vai and Daniela are all young enough and talented enough to possibly realise their potential and be worth more. But at the moment they're going to struggle for a run in first grade and shouldn't be on more then $55k a season with incentives.

I'm sure there's a lot more gains and losses then these. But they were the only ones that NRL.com had and the Panthers refuse to release any information on the squad.
You need new scouts.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't think we have scouts... to me it looks like when a player can't find another club they approach us and we negotiate the contract then. It's genius... we're saving money by not paying anyone to look for players.

innsaneink

Referee
Dont need a few beers to play guessing games.

Your christian name's Stefanie, you drive a Toyota Yaris & youre an apprentice nail artist.

Ladmate

Bench
Looking at raw figures we are over. Counting all our exceptions and 3rd party agreements, we are under the cap.

gallagher

Juniors
You know the roosters have put together a sh*t squad when their supporters are whinging about the salary cap.

moltznmarshall

Juniors
Only about $150,000 of Lote's contract is paid by wests, the rest is 100% legit and approved 3rd party

Many Wests Tigers players arn't paid their full market value. It comes down to the coach and chance of success. We saw it at Brisbane and St George and no doubt Melbourne too

Politis

Juniors
Only about $150,000 of Lote's contract is paid by wests, the rest is 100% legit and approved 3rd party

Many Wests Tigers players arn't paid their full market value. It comes down to the coach and chance of success. We saw it at Brisbane and St George and no doubt Melbourne too
Success?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Great - another thread of vague accusations against the Tigers.
Here's what I've learned - whinging, miserable, granny types hate the Tigers.

Parra Pride

Referee

You're right, the cheating Victorian merkin wanker dickheads weren't paid full market value, they were paid 10 times over it.