What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers to sign Blair

Vicious

Bench
It`s got me beat how we can fit Adam Blair under our Salary Cap, he`s a sensational footballer.
I think we`d have to offload either Chris Heighnington or Liam Fulton to fit him in. Blair is a much better footballer than both Heighno & Fulton, but it`s very un Wests Tigers like to offload blokes who have given their all every time they have pulled on the jersey.

Tigerm

First Grade
It`s got me beat how we can fit Adam Blair under our Salary Cap, he`s a sensational footballer.
I think we`d have to offload either Chris Heighnington or Liam Fulton to fit him in. Blair is a much better footballer than both Heighno & Fulton, but it`s very un Wests Tigers like to offload blokes who have given their all every time they have pulled on the jersey.
Send em back over to England like they did the other year for Fulton? Heighington I think is just too small, for todays game.

boonboon

Juniors
Also I would almost gaurentee that this will be the last year for Big Todd Payten - I know he has a contract for next year but you read it here first this will be his last year at the Tigers - likely to either take a year or 2 in Super League or move into the tigers coaching ranks and perhaps be available much like SKando was - this will open up some money and remember when you look at our pack Galloway, Gibbs, Highington, Fulton are good players but not rep players and hence not on rep money - Ellis would be on good Money but he came for the challenge not just the money the rest of our forwards are youngsters - Woods, Fifita, Dwyer, Schirnack- none of these blokes is on that much money at the moment

Also I understand that Humphreys has done an amazing job in helping players get sponsorships, etc - which dont count to the cap and are perfectly legal -with Marshall, Tuqiri and Farah especially being not just great players but really marketable and hence they can earn good money outside just football so we can pay them more realistic amounts under the cap

Plus we are now a team that players want to play with because we play enjoyable football and can win premierships and that counts for lots

R2Coupe

Juniors
I suspect you are correct with Payten. Sheens is on record stating he needed a skillful ball player for the forwards and that is why Payten was recruited. Seems Blair with his ability to create on the edges may be the player to provide this skill once Todd retires.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just been reading in the Australian that the Tinkler Knights, have put in a bid for Blair? He's not signed sealed & delivered yet. Wonder why Idris went elsewhere, I thought he was a Tinkler target?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
bennett announced that Blair is at the top of his wishlist for the knights next season, and apparently the Tigers had tabled quite a lucrative offer to him as well.

I reckon he'll go to the knights

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
on the flip side, there's going to be quite a few nights players shown the door.

Anything there that may be of use here?

Tigerm

First Grade
on the flip side, there's going to be quite a few nights players shown the door.

Anything there that may be of use here?
What's our wish list?
Props - 1 (with some line bending power, who doesn't get injured much)
Hooker - OK
S/R - OK
Lock - OK
Halves - OK
Centres - Will Lawrence be back??? Hope so.
Wingers - OK (unless he can kick goals from any where & can run like the wind)
F/B - ???? (as above)

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Thought he was sensational on NRL on Fox last night - could provide a fantastic foil for our in-house comedian, Beau.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's our wish list?
Props - 1 (with some line bending power, who doesn't get injured much)
Hooker - OK
S/R - OK
Lock - OK
Halves - OK
Centres - Will Lawrence be back??? Hope so.
Wingers - OK (unless he can kick goals from any where & can run like the wind)
F/B - ???? (as above)
wish list should surely be focussed on quality depth.

I'm still of the belief Brown is the best fullback at the club followed by Meaney. McKinnon, old, slow, broken down and expensive

a Genuine prop would be great, a reliable number utility player who can handle the role as back up to Benji.

Halfbacks are ok

Speedy wingers would be great
Centres are good
Back row is good, hooker is good, but again, a back up hooker is lacking here

So I think we should chase some quality depth players to cover Wing, Fullback, Five-Eighth and Hooker.

Vic Mackey

Referee
With all these Blair > knights stories I'm yet to see an actual quote from anyone. Seems to me he is just the best off contract player so they are linking Him to the cashed up knights.

Latest posts