What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers to sign Blair

TroopyF

Juniors
How long are Mckinnon,Payton and Fulton contracted for?
I know it wont make up Blair's 500k asking price but they're the only players I can think of that could be casualties and free up cash if we do get Blair.
I'd be saving the dollars for Graham but Blair would be a good alternative.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Yep, not mistaken:

N.C.

Juniors
Was thinking about our cap. We have Marshall, Farah and now Lawrence on huge salaries. Tuqiri is said to be on a low base contract with lots of third parties. No doubt Ellis is on some pretty serious coin. We have a few solid players in the mid-range in Heighington, Payten, Gibbs, Galloway, Fulton. Then we have relative rookies in Dwyer, Fifita, Lui, Moltzen, Ayshford, Ryan who would not be on huge salaries... and then there's McKinnon who would be on beer and biscuits. I reckon we'd have room to move...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How long are Mckinnon,Payton and Fulton contracted for?
I know it wont make up Blair's 500k asking price but they're the only players I can think of that could be casualties and free up cash if we do get Blair.
I'd be saving the dollars for Graham but Blair would be a good alternative.
Payten's contract ends next year I believe. Fulton too. McKinnon was resigned for 3 last season wasn't he?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was thinking about our cap. We have Marshall, Farah and now Lawrence on huge salaries. Tuqiri is said to be on a low base contract with lots of third parties. No doubt Ellis is on some pretty serious coin. We have a few solid players in the mid-range in Heighington, Payten, Gibbs, Galloway, Fulton. Then we have relative rookies in Dwyer, Fifita, Lui, Moltzen, Ayshford, Ryan who would not be on huge salaries... and then there's McKinnon who would be on beer and biscuits. I reckon we'd have room to move...
we should have room to move, but last year we went over the cap in some small technicality.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked the RLW Mole on twitter about this and he replied that the Tigers are very keen but he won't be joining the tigers in 2011.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Heard Channel 9 noos...pretty close to signing this bloke....which means his rep career is pretty much over if he does.

At Tigerz, we'll screw you !!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuqiri was signed for 3 years I believe, so I think he has 1 year to go.

When does Ellis' contract end?

Borat.

Juniors
according to channel 9 blair has already signed ... Ellis is signed till end of 2013 ..I think

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
How to you guys view Blair, as a bash em up prop or a wide running backrower? IMO he's an absolutely devasting backrower & if Sheens is bringing him to the club to use as a prop, well it seems like a waste. Would rather have Graham.

He's a good modern day lock.

He'll play as a 3rd tight runner, but can take some wider runs as well.

Think a bit like Paul Gallen or Nate Myles.