What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers to sign Blair

Tigger Madness

Juniors
As much as a want Blair I dont think we should be paying anymore than $300,000 either. These reports about $500,000 are totally ridiculous. I doubt even Benji or Robbie would be on anything like that.

Tigerm

First Grade
With all these Blair > knights stories I'm yet to see an actual quote from anyone. Seems to me he is just the best off contract player so they are linking Him to the cashed up knights.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-blair-in-sights/story-e6frg7mf-1226038738202

THE Tinkler Sports Group is still coming to grips with Newcastle's salary cap position but the mining magnate's spending power could result in the club extending its hit-list to include Melbourne and New Zealand backrower Adam Blair.
The Knights are expected to finalise the signings of Cronulla prop Kade Snowden and St George Illawarra fullback Darius Boyd in the near future, but Newcastle officials say they are one strike backrower off a premiership-winning team.
That's where Blair could enter the equation. The Kiwi international is off contract with the Storm at the end of the year and has been targeted by Wests Tigers and Parramatta.
He would demand a hefty salary but Tinkler's spending power is limitless. In a sign of the club's improved financial status under the Tinkler regime, TSG chief executive Troy Palmer yesterday indicated the club would look to spend the entire $300,000 of the marquee player allowance.
That money can come directly from Tinkler's pocket. By using some of it to pay players this season, the Knights would have additional funds for next year - they currently use only $150,000 of the allowance.

The final say will rest with incoming coach Wayne Bennett, who worked with Blair when Bennett was on the New Zealand coaching staff at the World Cup. "We understand we need to start looking at re-signing players or signing new players," Palmer said. "(Recruitment manager) Keith Onslow, (coach) Rick Stone will have input in that. Also, there is potential for Wayne Bennett to have some input."
Asked about the club's salary cap position, Palmer said: "I am just working on that now. We'll just continue to work with them in assembling a new roster for next year. There are a lot of contracts that have been signed or are in the process of being re-negotiated."
In terms of the marquee player allowance, Palmer confirmed the club would use the entire salary cap, including allowances. "The cap is a complicated system," he said. "If we haven't used up all the cap, and that includes third parties, we will definitely look to use up all the cap.

Bench
They were going to struggle to get Boyd and Snowden under apparently,so how the hell do they fit Blair in,Rusty style I suppose.

Fordy20

Juniors
I reckon we should sign Boyd. It'd be great to have a fullback that can get the basics right.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The Tigers should concentrate on new agreements with our young forwards.

We don't want to lose our next generation which the club has developed.

Tigerm

First Grade
The Tigers should concentrate on new agreements with our young forwards.

We don't want to lose our next generation which the club has developed.
Agree, but one front rower who can bend a line (kick goals & make 40 solid tackles a game:D), to help our cause would be sensational. I mean Payten probably wont be here next year??? Galloway has difficulty lasting many games in a row. So we are atleast one short?

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I agree we need to keep some of the young forwards but gee we need a gun forward who is going to continually bust the line. Whether this is Blair or James Graham I don't know but Gibbs, Hino and a few of the others cant seem to do this...well not regularly anyway.

I know these guys are great in defence and they can often hold opposition packs but I want someone who is going to bust the line and at least get some second phase play going. At the moment I don't see this.

R2Coupe

Juniors
No doubt Blair is a very good player and will be an asset to the side if he comes to the Tigers.

He will be a good leader for our younger forwards.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Looks like to Dogs are leading the race for James Graham. Doesn't leave too much at the high end available for the Tigers to buy.

Noa

First Grade
Blair has left the Storm, take that as red. Not sure who he has signed with.

andrew9148

Juniors
I think he is a homous for not signing already. f**k him. If he doesnt want to come, he can stay down there with his jet skis and harvey norman vouchers.

Latest posts