What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers v Dragons Match Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Finally, after months of anticipation, a dodgy website, another salary cap scandal, coach prostitution and bad away jerseys (not pointing any fingers, Rabbitohs), we finally have arrived on the day of reckoning! The NRL is back! Welcome, to 2006.

NRL ROUND ONE
WESTS TIGERS ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
Telstra Stadium, Friday March 10

Tigers: Brett Hodgson (c), Daniel Fitzhenry, Dean Collis, Paul Whatuira, Jamaal Lolesi, Benji Marshall, Scott Prince, Bryce Gibbs, Robbie Farah, John Skandalis, Anthony Laffranchi, Ben Galea, Liam Fulton.
Interchange: Michael Crockett, Keith Galloway, Ryan O’Hara, Todd Payten

Dragons: Clint Greenshields, Reece Simmonds, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Wes Naiqama, Trent Barrett (c), Ben Hornby, Luke Bailey, Dean Young, Jason Ryles, Corey Payne, Ashton Sims, Andrew Price.
Interchange: Justin Poore, Michael Henderson, Matt Bickerstaff, Aaron Gorrell

Referee: Paul Simpkins

Kickoff is 7:30pm.
Match comments and spoilers right here ;-)

The Preacher

First Grade
To the 7,356,295 West-Tigers supporters that suddenly evolved around the end of Sept.'05, How many of you are going to be singing the praises of "your" team if you lose 3 in a row.
I work it out that there are 5,000 true Magpies, 7500 fair dinkum Tigers, SO, to the other 1,343,795 "glory hunters", get ready for a new season, and maybe even a new side to follow, if the Tigers dont live up to your boastfull aspirations.

Kingytek

Juniors
I think the tigers will be fine this year. There aim is to make the top 8 at finals time as they did last year and look how things turned out, it was a bonus for them.
So as long as they make the finals I think they will be fine, regardless of losing 3 in a row. I doubt this will happen anyway!

Balmain_Boy

The Preacher said:
To the 7,356,295 West-Tigers supporters that suddenly evolved around the end of Sept.'05, How many of you are going to be singing the praises of "your" team if you lose 3 in a row.
I work it out that there are 5,000 true Magpies, 7500 fair dinkum Tigers, SO, to the other 1,343,795 "glory hunters", get ready for a new season, and maybe even a new side to follow, if the Tigers dont live up to your boastfull aspirations.

Why post that on here? You're more likely to find the genuine fans on this website. You just sound spiteful.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Preacher, as much as I agree, you won't find too many bandwagoners for them on here. The ones on here are usually the passionate, never waiver type.

Only 9 hours to kickoff :D

The Preacher

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Why post that on here? You're more likely to find the genuine fans on this website. You just sound spiteful.

You mean like the bloke that owns two pubs in Leichhardt any spends all night copulating glamours and has a trained monkey to throw people out of the pubs one-handed and he hadn't made a post 'til after the GF.
Yep, genuine fan that one.
My father has been following Wests - Wests Tigers for 70 years and he put the figure for true maggies at 4,000, and he's not spiteful. O:)

simon says

First Grade
Obviously maths isnt your fathers strongpoint.

Heres some maths for ya........Wests Tigers by 14.

phonetic

Juniors
Will be close until 25 mins to go. St George by 16.

3 and a half hrs of work left. Hee haa.

innsaneink

Referee
Fitzhenry in doubt....I hope he starts, Reynolds apparently on standby.

Wests by 4.

"my daddy says....":lol:

Latest posts