What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers v Dragons Match Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

innsaneink

Referee
borat said:
And as I replied, I thought we definitely got the better of the refereeing decisions. Usually we don't, but I did think at least one of those was forward. And I still think, IMO, that Gibbs hit him with an unintentional forearm at the point of collision, and I have watched over again. But thats IMO.

However, as I have already said, I have no complaints because I acknowledge the ref on a whole gave us the better of the decisions. Its game 1, the Dragons played well but got beaten by a better team on the night. Its hardly worth getting upset about.

Yeh nothing to go slitting wrists about most definitely, though I wonder if the irrational, illogical, winning is everything element of the saints fan will agree. Not that they matter.

drake

First Grade
I think both sides got some rough calls and some lucky ones. The referrees missed lots of forward passes, high hits and knock ons, that commentators mentioned then let go when the play continued.

Credit to the Tigers for the win, they are a very good football side, Sheens has them working together beautifully.

I eat much humble pie, and conceed I have spoken like a complete twat about the Tigers win last year.

Extra respect to Barrett for playing 80 mins with illness that would have bedridden most blokes; and Benji for playing out the 2nd half with a broken jaw.

innsaneink

Referee
drake said:
I think both sides got some rough calls and some lucky ones. The referrees missed lots of forward passes, high hits and knock ons, that commentators mentioned then let go when the play continued.

Credit to the Tigers for the win, they are a very good football side, Sheens has them working together beautifully.

I eat much humble pie, and conceed I have spoken like a complete twat about the Tigers win last year.

Extra respect to Barrett for playing 80 mins with illness that would have bedridden most blokes; and Benji for playing out the 2nd half with a broken jaw.
:thumb

Slappy

Juniors
Tigers and Saints are probably the two best teams in the comp.
Both will only get better, the game was great, a lot of passion, resulting in a fair bit of biff. Both teams (apart from that cat Ryles) can hold their heads up.

As a tigers fan I know it could have went either way in the last 15 min.

An awesome game to usher in the new season!!

Balmain_Boy

drake said:

Well if you're going to eat it, it's good you are doing it with class.

Parra Guru

Coach
Messiah said:
I'm I the only one...

... or is any other Saints fan more confident than they where before this game ?

Tigers style of play is frustrating to their opponents as they alway seems to draw players & create overlaps. We were able to defend that attack better than ever before (the game got away from us at the end, but we were desperate to get the ball at that time).

Our attack involved more decoy players than I've seen before in a single match. Moving Cooper to the same side as Gasnier is a great move to create more numbers & we were able to develop our own over-laps.

Of course, our completeion rate & penalties were shocking (thank you Ryles). But if we can simply clean that up I believe we will be Minor Premiers.

You have the right to be confident. I was at the ground last night and their attack was pretty good for the first game of the season.

Cooper was dangerous, and Greenshields was solid at the back. Hornby looked promising aswell.

It was a pretty freakish/sh!tty way to lose a game, but I thought Saints were the better team last night.

gregstar

Referee
Parra Guru said:
You have the right to be confident. I was at the ground last night and their attack was pretty good for the first game of the season.

Cooper was dangerous, and Greenshields was solid at the back. Hornby looked promising aswell.

It was a pretty freakish/sh!tty way to lose a game, but I thought Saints were the better team last night.

if saints were the better team, they would have won.

the tigers were better & deserved their win.

Parra Guru

Coach
Saints were the best team on the park IMO last night. The Tigers grabbed the opportunity after an unfortunate incident. Full credit to them, but I thought Saints played the better footy.

Latest posts