What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers will win it

SilentAssassin

Juniors
If the 4th placed Panthers had lost that game they would have been eliminated (The Bulldogs and the Broncos were the highest and second highest losers respectively) . The only difference between 4th and 5th in theory is home ground advantage. Because the NRL dictates where we play we have lost that advantage.

This. Exactly the reason why I didn't care less that the Tigers won last night.

4th Vs 5th is no different if they're both Sydney teams. It's a joke how much of an advantage Brisbane/Melbourne get throughout the finals.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Yep 4th vs 5th is no difference if it's both Sydney teams. Not even a home game as the NRL moved it to ANZ - no advantage whatsoever.

I have no issues admitting we've gotten some decisions go our way over the past month or so, but the better side has won every match. You make your own luck.

Anyway we will need a massive lift next week to compete. Sloppy D last night, but defense in previous month has been good so I'm confident they will fire up on Friday.

Collateral

Coach
Dean Young and Nathan Fien throw their fair share of forward passes out of dummy half that go undetected.

As do most players playing at dummy half these days. Its just the way the game is played at the moment. I dont think you will find a player at dummy half who throws more 50/50 balls than Cam Smith or Preston Campbell.

The thing that pisses most people off is that Benji seems to get away with it a lot during backline moves because he makes it look good and its good for the game...Even i dont want his passes called back for being foward when they produce an awesome play (unless its against the Dragons) because its so nice to watch...that doesnt mean the pass isnt forward though.

Tigers are getting a very good rub of the green (Like we did last year in the finals) but they arent dominating games either. They beat us while we were in the middle of a form slump...the Roosters didnt need to wait till the last minute to beat us, unlike the Tigers and they were also getting pumped by Manly until they clocked off/got hammered by poor ref decisions.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Manly were gifted a try when the ref didn't ping them for the marker push. Tigers came home way too strong and the forward pass evened out the previous bad call.

Dragons played their best game in ages v the tigers and still weren't good enough on the night.

gronkathon

First Grade
Save for injuries and suspensions nothing that has happened this last few weeks means anything next week.

Have had a good run with some calls but bottom line is that the Sharks are dross. Flanagan is a shit coach and anyone who keeps picking Pomeroy week after week doesnt deserve a job

mepelthwack

Juniors
:lol: Such a dumb comment.

Sorry how so? From memory Dragons were rubbish for weeks before that match where they lifted and even hit the lead late before they were unable to contain the Tigers class in the last few minutes.

Dragons played really well but their dour, grinding style failed.

Anyway it's history now, the real comps about to start.

Collateral

Coach
Sorry how so? From memory Dragons were rubbish for weeks before that match where they lifted and even hit the lead late before they were unable to contain the Tigers class in the last few minutes.

Dragons played really well but their dour, grinding style failed.

Anyway it's history now, the real comps about to start.

We hit the lead and dominated Raiders and Souths in the weeks prior. The Tigers game was the first in a series where we actually looked off the pace for the majority of the game and yet the Tigers only just managed to snare a win in the dying seconds.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Ok I was wrong. Dragons dominated Raiders and Rabbitohs but were terrible against the Tigers who were clearly helped by the refs to 8 straight wins.

Whatever dude.

M2D2

Bench
More to refs than penalties. Sharkies got the shit end of the stick last night.
You tigers fans can claim ignorance all you like. You got the rub last night.

And i actually hope it continues cause id like you to win the comp.

Bench
Gee,what a bunch of whingers on here,we have had some luck with the calls,but our injury toll has been horrific,to be 4th at this stage is a great effort,hopefully we get Lawrence,Galloway and Ryan back next week.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Poor tigers have no hope against the on fire Dragons...

They have won two in a row for Chrissakes.!!

Dragons by 40, unless the refs gift the Tigers another one!!

vookie

Juniors
You dragons fans are dim merkins. your team plays the most boring, dour brand of football in the history of the game and you lot c**k on like your superior. Can't wait to flog you merkins next week.

Poor tigers have no hope against the on fire Dragons...

They have won two in a row for Chrissakes.!!

Dragons by 40, unless the refs gift the Tigers another one!!

We should be last and winless. Benji Marshall is a complete hack, it's just the refs and the media gift us everything. Maybe we should switch to real football. By real football I mean hoof it up for 5 tackles then put up a bomb.

Hutty1986

Immortal
You dragons fans are dim merkins. your team plays the most boring, dour brand of football in the history of the game and you lot c**k on like your superior. Can't wait to flog you merkins next week.

:lol::lol::lol: Where'd you crawl from genius?

snoozer

Bench
yes - dragons fans are dim merkins.

you lost me after that.

SerbDragon

Coach

great post. would read again