What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers will win it

_Johnsy

Referee
does not change the fact the tigers were gifted last night. Perfect game 1 for the finals.

If the dragons played the sharks last night the thread would have reached 500 replies in 24 hours stating how we are gifted wines et al. Shame the tiges cant admit they were gifted last night.

_Johnsy

Referee
You dragons fans are dim merkins. your team plays the most boring, dour brand of football in the history of the game and you lot c**k on like your superior. Can't wait to flog you merkins next week.

But the most popular/powerful brand in the NRL, go figure. It must really hurt.

Eddie.

Bench
unlike the Tigers and they were also getting pumped by Manly until they clocked off/got hammered by poor ref decisions.

Clocked off? please. Benji, Farah and Lawrence tore them to shreds. The first half the Tigers bombed 2 or 3 certain trys. If anything the Tigers should have won by more that night. They were the better side.

It's funny all these whingers going on about refs and the Tigers. The Tigers 2 semi final losses last season were off very dubious last minute ref decisions. From 2006-2009 the Tigers lost a number of games due to dodgy calls in close games, they were on the wrong end of the stick more often then not. I agree this season no team has benefited more from refs decisions more then us. However i tend to see that as a natural evening up of luck over the years.

Anyway, The Tigers deserve their spot in the Top 4. Bloody great effort considering the injuries we have had. Proud of the club.

Eddie.

Bench
We hit the lead and dominated Raiders and Souths in the weeks prior. The Tigers game was the first in a series where we actually looked off the pace for the majority of the game and yet the Tigers only just managed to snare a win in the dying seconds.

I thought the Tigers were quite poor for 60 minutes against the Dragons. Benji and Robbie Farah are playing better footy now then they were a month ago. You make it out like Tigers were firing on all cylinders at the time.

If the Tigers beat the Dragons on Friday I expect 42 threads from aggrevied Dragons fans blaming the refs. The Dragons' dominance over the past three years has spared us the whinging that accompanies each loss.

I'll concede straight up that if the Dragons win on Friday night it will be because they are the better side.

Last edited:

Jud

Juniors
We hit the lead and dominated Raiders and Souths in the weeks prior. The Tigers game was the first in a series where we actually looked off the pace for the majority of the game and yet the Tigers only just managed to snare a win in the dying seconds.

Dominated?? Like f*ck, you led and got run down both times. Face it, you looked good on Friday night, but have limped into the finals. The fear factor of the Dragons is long gone.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dominated?? Like f*ck, you led and got run down both times. Face it, you looked good on Friday night, but have limped into the finals. The fear factor of the Dragons is long gone.

:lol: The fear factor's gone after a 5 match losing streak, thanks scoop!

We looked very good in patches the last two weeks, but will need to improve even more again

gronkathon

First Grade
The majority did actually.

But hey. Believe what you want.

As far as the reffing over the weekend both the Dragons and Tigers got some dubious calls going there way. You would almost think that the NRL wanted a all Sydney blockbuster to open the finals weekend :)

POPEYE

Coach
If Thaiday gets sat down the Tigers look to have slightly the best momentum of the rest imo with the usual Bennett experience the next best governing factor

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just like all the Tigers fans did after the GF qualifier last year....:roll:

I can't remember any tigers fans carrying on here last year afte the loss, and if anyone would carry on after a loss to the dragons it would be me.

Completely unlike the Trent barrett 'held' saga of 05 that went on for about 5 years from Illawarra fans.

If the Tigers beat the Dragons on Friday I expect 42 threads from aggrevied Dragons fans blaming the refs. The Dragons' dominance over the past three years has spared us the whinging that accompanies each loss.

I'll concede straight up that if the Dragons win on Friday night it will be because they are the better side.

They way Magpies fans pissed and whinged for months about the scrum against the Roosters? :lol:

firechild

First Grade
Does it really matter who wins between the Tigers and Dragqueens? In all likelyihood they will both be playing the following weekend so the only things that come ouf it are the week 2 opponents and some bragging rights.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Does it really matter who wins between the Tigers and Dragqueens? In all likelyihood they will both be playing the following weekend so the only things that come ouf it are the week 2 opponents and some bragging rights.

Thats what the warriors thought last season ;)

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Bump.
After the 3 defining decisions of last nights match went the tigers way, I see no reason to change my opinion.
Plus they are the absolute media darlings.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I agree with another poster (can't recall who) that if last night was the standard for allowing the play-the-ball to be slowed down, Melbourne have it in the bag.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Bump.
After the 3 defining decisions of last nights match went the tigers way, I see no reason to change my opinion.
Plus they are the absolute media darlings.

Wow the spastic has crawled out from under his rock. Wow it must be pissing you right off the Tigers continue to win.

The tigers only got 2 penalties the whole game and Benji's try was a try.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
3 f**k head the same amount of teeth u probably have.
One of them was at 12 all in front of the sticks when the refs could of given the same penalty 50 other times during the match to both teams.