What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Sheens relieved of coaching duties

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I find it hilarious that the West Tigers fans are so desperate for their premiership winning coach to be run out of town.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I find it hilarious that the West Tigers fans are so desperate for their premiership winning coach to be run out of town.

Therein lies part of the Teflon problem.

People still get caught up in the extraordinary season that was '05, & through that he's managed to avoid criticism for years. Everytime I've brought up Sheens being ashit coach, I always get the same sorta response. " Aww, but, it's Tim Sheens. In 2005.... " FFS, it was 7 years ago, & Tigers have shown just about f**k all since then.

Winning a premiership was the worst thing to happen to Wests. :sarcasm:

Jono078

Referee
:lol: Completely missed the 'future assistant' part. My bad.

Really set some of you off though haha

some11

Referee
Great news for Tigers supporters, this clown has been dodging criticism for years.

He is shit.

Eels Dude

Coach
I hope for Tigers fans Benji Marshall doesn't have too much say in whether Tim Sheens stays. He keeps defending him and even wrote a long article in the paper saying the club shouldn't sack him and he believes he's the best coach in the game. How can he say he's the best in the NRL when he's never been coached by anyone else at first grade level.

I'm surprised he didn't get sacked after the Tigers missed the semis each year between 06-09.

IFR33K

Coach
I hope for Tigers fans Benji Marshall doesn't have too much say in whether Tim Sheens stays. He keeps defending him and even wrote a long article in the paper saying the club shouldn't sack him and he believes he's the best coach in the game. How can he say he's the best in the NRL when he's never been coached by anyone else at first grade level.

I'm surprised he didn't get sacked after the Tigers missed the semis each year between 06-09.

What's even worse is benji has stated SK will be the next great coach. Poor lost soul.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
LOL

Not sure if serious.

I'm perfectly serious.

As a Broncos fan, I'm qualified to know what happens when your club cannot hang on to a premiership coach. I regret losing Bennett to this very day.

Blah blah 1 premiership versus 6 and all that crap but fair dinkem, maybe the problem isn't Sheens but is actually that the Tigs footy department treats players like The Broncos are currently doing, and that is that they're easily replaceable.

Ben Te'o is not easily replaceable, Darius Boyd was not easily replaceable, Brent Tate was not and neither is Beau Ryan and Bryce Gibbs in their current form. It's easy to use the Coach as a scapegoat when a footy side is full of big names on big money who aren't really pulling their weight, and the ones that are pulling their weight are allowed to walk away. Benji had a shocker this year, and we all know about Moltzen.

Last edited:
So, you believe Wests should hold on to a 2005 premiership winning coach for season 2013 who has only made the finals 3 times in something like 15 years all because he won a comp way back then?

:lol:

You obviously gained your qualification in Queensland.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
So, you believe Wests should hold on to a 2005 premiership winning coach for season 2013 who has only made the finals 3 times in something like 15 years all because he won a comp way back then?

:lol:

You obviously gained your qualification in Queensland.

As opposed to replacing him with an Assistant Coach who is coming off the back of a wooden spoon???

Where did you get your qualification from? The School of Brian Smith?

belmore eel

Juniors
the best option for the tigers and their style of play is Daniel Anderson. Top coach and was badly treated by parra, he is by far the best option in my opinion

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As opposed to replacing him with an Assistant Coach who is coming off the back of a wooden spoon???

Where did you get your qualification from? The School of Brian Smith?
:lol::lol::lol: Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!!!! He has been at Manly this year you pillock!!