What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Sheens set to sue the Tigers for $1.5m

Apey

Staff member
This topic has certainly piqued Notell's interest. Strange, given he believes it is not worthy of a thread.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I love how these restructure/redundancy things roll. You start with a head coach, you end with a different head coach... Hardly a restructure or redundant. Why do clubs sign under performing coaches to long term deals? Surely if you miss the finals most years, you should be on a performance based contract or GTFO.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...6918484009?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+bi_rss

TIM Sheens has reportedly pushed ahead with legal action against the Wests Tigers, filing a claim that could cost the club as much as $1.5 million.

According to a Fairfax report, Sheens ? case against the Tigers will be heard in Supreme Court on December 8 after it was set down for hearing on Tuesday.

The court documents filed by Sheens? legal team reportedly demand ?the full value of his remuneration entitlements under the terms of the contract of employment from 1 July 2013 until the expiry of the term of his employment?.

When Sheens was sacked at the end of the 2012 season he was coaching under a contract that was due to expire at the end of this season.

Sheens was on an estimated salary of $450,000 and was last paid by the Tigers in July last year.

The Kangaroos mentor is also seeking ?damages for loss of opportunity to earn bonus payments under the contract of employment?, ?damages for breach and repudiation of the contract of employment? and ?damages for loss of enhancement of repudiation?, as well as costs.

According to the report, Sheens? legal team will argue that the four-time premiership-winning coach is entitled to a payout of between $1.25 million and $1.5 million

there's a certain amount of irony that when i click that link to read the story, one of the ads that shows itself on the page is this one:

d686abfae6f47fc16dfad4fdb2dde074.jpg

betcats

Referee
How is it news?
A millionaire is suing a company. Big deal. Most supporters of rugby league are blue-collars and far removed from wealthy men like Sheens. Perhaps the story is significant as it affects the liquidity of Wests Tigers... I don't know, and perhaps Charlie124 can enlighten me as to the significance (and if so, should have on his cut-and-paste post.) How on earth does it affect the footy this week-end? For the rest of the season? Long term? I suspect most strongly that it does not.

League is a game where interest really ought to be basic. Who ought to be five-eighth in the wet against a big forward pack? Who ought to do kicking in general play? Who is the better 5/8 / centre / hooker? Ever since SuperLeague, elitist crap like marketing, image, drugs, ASADA, sponsership, TV deals etc have become the "news" and it is as boring as year-old bats--t.

So I repeat, in respect of Sheens possibly suing the Tigers.... SO WHAT?????

PS I do not know how you came to the erroneous conclusion that I am a Tigers fan. I can see no spelling errors at all.

No one asked for your life story you f**king idiot.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was also the little issue reported (sadly) by the DT at the time, that Sheens said if the Tigers didn't make the finals in 2012, he would step down.

no name

Referee
How is it news?
A millionaire is suing a company. Big deal. Most supporters of rugby league are blue-collars and far removed from wealthy men like Sheens. Perhaps the story is significant as it affects the liquidity of Wests Tigers... I don't know, and perhaps Charlie124 can enlighten me as to the significance (and if so, should have on his cut-and-paste post.) How on earth does it affect the footy this week-end? For the rest of the season? Long term? I suspect most strongly that it does not.

League is a game where interest really ought to be basic. Who ought to be five-eighth in the wet against a big forward pack? Who ought to do kicking in general play? Who is the better 5/8 / centre / hooker? Ever since SuperLeague, elitist crap like marketing, image, drugs, ASADA, sponsership, TV deals etc have become the "news" and it is as boring as year-old bats--t.

PS I do not know how you came to the erroneous conclusion that I am a Tigers fan. I can see no spelling errors at all.

Derp

Canard

Immortal
The effort that people will go through to consider that something "isn't News".

Its seems more like they are putting there fingers in there ears and going, Nananana I can't hear you!

magpie_man

Juniors
How is it news?

I don't even know where to begin with this....
You aren't under the employ of News Ltd. by any chance are you?

bottle

Coach
I for one would like to thank Notell for telling me what i should be interested in when reading stuff on a Rugby League forum. I was under the misapprehension that I had the right to decide such things for myself.
Silly me.

Love the username btw given the content of his post.
Notell by name, no tell by nature.

TimmyB

Juniors
Wait and see what the Wests Tigers present in terms of a defence.

Remember they offered him a different role in the club at the same rate of pay which he refused and walked out of that meeting.

Many different things to come out I would imagine

If this happened, it's a pretty key point.

In any other industry you'd have to think Sheens failed his duty to mitigate damages. In fact, if he's not been searching out other coaching/media gigs etc. then he's also failed the duty to mitigate. Would make it difficult to claim the full damages.