What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith Broncos 08

pazzaeel

Juniors
so you're trying to tell me that Hages will never drop Finch??? surely you wouldn't feel that precious and naive to believe that Finch or any other member of that side with the exception of a couple of notables aren't sackable???

you are the one saying that 3 doesnt fit into 2. if hages drops finch to premier league then we dont have to worry about fitting 3 into 2.

7. smith
6. green

finch --> premier league.

parra pete

Referee
Players use the old "Get Blood out of a Stone" routine...
Sometimes it works, sometimes an injury comes along during negotiations. The hype about Lote and the ARU was an example of someone talking up his value.
Pay 'em what they are worth, and not a penny more not a penny less.
Most of the players are grossly overpaid..on ability... and in comparison to the man on the street. They have too much time on their hands...and we all know ' An idle mind is the devil's workshop'

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
you are the one saying that 3 doesnt fit into 2. if hages drops finch to premier league then we dont have to worry about fitting 3 into 2.

7. smith
6. green

finch --> premier league.

only if he gives a personal gurantee to Smith and Green that he will play them ahead of Finch, I'm sure you could but can he???

On this occasion your opinon means didley squat because ultimately Hagan makes the decision not you...you and I have to live with it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
Players use the old "Get Blood out of a Stone" routine...
Sometimes it works, sometimes an injury comes along during negotiations. The hype about Lote and the ARU was an example of someone talking up his value.
Most of the players are grossly overpaid..on ability... and in comparison to the man on the street. They have too much time on their hands...and we all know ' An idle mind is the devil's workshop'

principally very smart Pete, however stratigically very foolish...

pazzaeel

Juniors
only if he gives a personal gurantee to Smith and Green that he will play them ahead of Finch, I'm sure you could but can he???

if he has the best interest of the club at heart, he shouldnt have a problem.

it as been a long time since that state of origin field goal. and before that he hadnt done anything since fittler left.

all excuses aside. we should not lose blake or tim forever because brett finch has one more year on his contract.

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
if he has the best interest of the club at heart, he shouldnt have a problem.

it as been a long time since that state of origin field goal. and before that he hadnt done anything since fittler left.

all excuses aside. we should not lose blake or tim forever because brett finch has one more year on his contract.

rightly or wrongly, you shouldn't question Hages's integrity over this, he DOES! have the best interest of the club at heart, even though some of his selections or even signings may scratch your head at times.

He'll live and die by his decision because he believes it will be in the best interest at the club and that's what we pay him for..

if it doesn't work out by June of next year with or without Finch we should start to negotiate a payout figure for the rest of his term...just my opinion.

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:

Problem being is if you do that then someone else will pay them more than what they are worth everytime.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I know this has probably been asked a million times, but who is off contract at the end of this year?

If we could find out maybe it can be a sticky?

Stagger eel

Staff member
from memory.

Tahu - gone to union
Blake Green
Daniel Wagon
Ian Hindmarsh - Retired
Michael Lett
Taulima Tautai
Etu Uasele
Feleti Mateo
Richard Fa'aosso
Aaron Cannings
Justin Tsolous
Junior Paolo
Tim Smith

All of the above are in the top 25 with the exception of Taulima, who if signed will be thrown in the fulltime squad.

if anyone can pick me up on others that I've missed out on let me know.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
from memory.

Tahu - gone to union
Blake Green
Daniel Wagon
Ian Hindmarsh - Retired
Michael Lett
Taulima Tautai
Etu Uasele
Feleti Mateo
Richard Fa'aosso
Aaron Cannings
Justin Tsolous
Junior Paolo
Tim Smith

All of the above are in the top 25 with the exception of Taulima, who if signed will be thrown in the fulltime squad.

Wagon, Tautau, MATEO, Fa'aosso, Cannings. Paolo, T Smith are must resignings.

cardinal

Juniors
eelavation said:
from memory.

Tahu - gone to union
Blake Green
Daniel Wagon
Ian Hindmarsh - Retired
Michael Lett
Taulima Tautai
Etu Uasele
Feleti Mateo
Richard Fa'aosso
Aaron Cannings
Justin Tsolous
Junior Paolo
Tim Smith

On the one eyed eel site thet said both keating brothers are off contract at the end of 07

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:
On the one eyed eel site thet said both keating brothers are off contract at the end of 07

yep ok..Matt's part of the fulltime squad but Kris isn't it no doubt that if/when we re-sign Kris he'll be thrusted in the top 25.

Parra Guru

Coach
I don't really want to lose Tim or Blake. Tim's playing well and if he keeps out of trouble he could be the future for us. The thing that worries me is that BOTH Finch and Smith are confidence players. Finch can produce the goods, but he finds it extremely hard to regain his confidence. Tim can be the same, and I don't think it's a great idea to have both of them in the same starting team for that reason. The halves have also benefitted from great forward performances over the last two weeks, and Ian Hindmarsh's signing is finally paying divedends with the way Nathan is playing.

lucablight

First Grade
Angry_eel said:
:lol::lol: oh the difference a week or two can make in Rugby League.

I have always maintained Tim Smith should be halfback at the club. I have never altered my position as I believe he was a scapegoat in 2006.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:

just on that...people should realise that when we hopefully tie up both Kris Keating and Taulima Tautai both players may welll come into the top 25 squad which effectively means that they become NEW! signings.

This is why in most years it always appears from the surface that we've lost more than we've gained ;-)

just wanted to clear that up. :)

parra pete

Referee
lucablight said:
I have always maintained Tim Smith should be halfback at the club. I have never altered my position as I believe he was a scapegoat in 2006.

No..he wasn't a scapegoat in 2006...He was a Billy Goat...All butt no substance.
Is on the improve though. Good to see!!!!.
Keep running the ball Tim, it opens your options....

parra pete

Referee
You are so switched on Eela. Wish there was more people as focused as you..not only on this forum...but in society.
The world needs clear thinkers...

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
just on that...people should realise that when we hopefully tie up both Kris Keating and Taulima Tautai both players may welll come into the top 25 squad which effectively means that they become NEW! signings.

This is why in most years it always appears from the surface that we've lost more than we've gained ;-)

just wanted to clear that up. :)

Just on that pete,

This is a smoke screen if ever I've seen it. ;-)

New signings eh? Even though hey are already at the club??

Well, I'll be damned. :lol:

Suity

Latest posts